SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-20-2007, 12:01 AM
Sage User

Upgrading from 2.2 to 6.0

So I had to reformat and decided that I will try upgrading to the latest version. I was running 2.2 with no problems (I even had the DST fix working until my computer took a dump). I downloaded the latest and got it running (except for the 34-button remote not working, and the DST thing not working, but that's for another forum).

A couple of questions:

(1) Is there a charge for upgrading to V6.0? I seem to recall free upgrades for previous versions - is that still the case?

(2) I really enjoy using Maldude2's STV. Is there an equivalent for V6.0 that has multiple weather feeds (not just one), a used disk bar/indicator, and the other nifty features in his STV?

Thanks in advance.

System specs: W2K, PVR-350 (using TV-out), Athlon XP, 1Gb RAM, 600 Gb for recordings, Java 1.6.0
Old 03-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarr11 View Post
(1) Is there a charge for upgrading to V6.0? I seem to recall free upgrades for previous versions - is that still the case?
There is an upgrade fee for the v6 SageTV server; clients do not need an upgrae license. See the bottom of the v6 announcement: SageTV Version 6.0 Now Available!!.

Quote:
(2) I really enjoy using Maldude2's STV. Is there an equivalent for V6.0 that has multiple weather feeds (not just one), a used disk bar/indicator, and the other nifty features in his STV?
There is a sticky in the customizations section of the forum that lists just about all customizations that are available. Most of what you mentioned, other than multiple weather feeds, is part of the built-in hidden extras.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the info!

I got my key today and I'll try that out when I get home.

I enabled the hidden features and need some time to sort them out, but I'm glad to see many of those features are a part of the software now.

One problem I've run into is that for some reason I can't get Sage to recognize my old recordings. I've tried removing the directory from Sage, shutting down, starting Sage, then re-establish the path to the recordings directory, but they still don't appear. Not sure what I'm doing wrong; any advice is appreciated.

Also, I can take the properties file from my old installation and plug that right in to maintain my old favorites, etc., right?

Thanks.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure your recordings are in the recordings folder set up in sage, then move in your old wiz.bin while sage is shut down. First startup may be slow as it converts, but then hopefully it will recognise recordings and have old favourites.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 03-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
One problem I've run into is that for some reason I can't get Sage to recognize my old recordings. I've tried removing the directory from Sage, shutting down, starting Sage, then re-establish the path to the recordings directory, but they still don't appear. Not sure what I'm doing wrong; any advice is appreciated.

Also, I can take the properties file from my old installation and plug that right in to maintain my old favorites, etc., right?
It sounds like you installed to a new directory rather than installing on top of the previous version. You can try using the old wiz.bin, as mentioned above. That should work. I would not simply copy the old properties file to be used with the new installation, especially if it is now installed in a different dir.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Sage User

The old wiz.bin file is about 6 months old, so when I copied that in, it showed some recordings, but not all of them. In addition, it jacked up all my imported music files and album cover images, so I didn't want that.

So I don't think the wiz.bin approach is going to work. And of course, I wasn't able to backup the most current verions of the important Sage files because the circumstances forcing my OS reinstall were rather sudden, unexpected, and catastrophic.

Is there another way to get those old recorings to show up? There's gotta be!

For what it's worth, the path to the recordings directory works, and the used disk space bar shows the correct amount of space remaining.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The old wiz.bin file is about 6 months old, so when I copied that in, it showed some recordings, but not all of them. In addition, it jacked up all my imported music files and album cover images, so I didn't want that.

So I don't think the wiz.bin approach is going to work. And of course, I wasn't able to backup the most current verions of the important Sage files because the circumstances forcing my OS reinstall were rather sudden, unexpected, and catastrophic.
I missed the "I had to reformat" comment in your first post... you would need a more recent backup copy of wiz.bin for it to have all the info for the shows recorded since then.

Quote:
Is there another way to get those old recorings to show up? There's gotta be!
Not w/o manually editing info for imported shows using something like nielm's web server. If the show's detailed info is no longer in wiz.bin, there isn't an easy way to get the info back.

There is a new way to add property files for videos in v6.1, but it is still going to leave them as imported videos & the properties info support isn't really complete yet.

- Andy
Old 03-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Sage User

What does a file look like in the Sage interface when it's considered an imported video? I've never used that feature.

Regarding nielm's web server, I read a little about it from the customization forum, and if I understand it, it looks like you're using it to set up a path to the directory where additional media is stored, like music, or photos, or videos, right? But it sounds like you're saying that unless there is some manual labor involved, Sage will consider those mapped files as imported video. I'll have to read through more of the documentation a little more, but I'd be interested to learn just how manual a process this is, and if anyone has had to go this route.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

There are instructions for doing this in the Sage Community Wiki here:
http://www.sage-community.org/index..../WebserverEdit
Albeit, they are a little old, but should still work. I did mention this to someone in this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...92&postcount=5
although he states that the instructions were a little vague (I agree), they did point me in the right direction to where I was ultimately able to figure it out.

It's been a while since I've done this, but if I recall correctly, the only thing I couldn't figure out was how to keep the programs from showing up in my imported videos section (since you have to start by putting the programs you want to add to to your TV Recordings list into an imported videos directory). Nonetheless, it accomplished my goal of gettting these programs listed in my TV directory, and that was good enough for me. If you need more specific instructions, I could try and iron some out, but it will take me a day or two before I can sit down in front of my setup again.

EDIT: Also, I should mention that if you have alot of recordings to move, it can get pretty time consuming doing it this way.

Last edited by petereader; 03-22-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the responses. I've been trying to troubleshoot some other more basic computer issues with my PC. I've had Sage 6.0 running for about a week now, and it seems very stable. I can live with not having my old recordings not show up - it sounds like a real PITA to get that working.

I will say that I like the updated interface, and things seem to work more reliably in 6.0 than they did in 2.2. I'm pleased so far.

Thanks again for the help.