SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:57 AM
Sage User

V6.1.7 Client - File name cut on Copy Media from File function

The destination file name is missing the first character of the source file name.

In the attached pic, it is missing the first letter "S'.

Thanks,

Tom

Works in PS ok.
Attached Images
File Type: png SageTruncOnCopy.PNG (69.2 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by tawpgk; 04-04-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Administrator

I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could you post the specific steps you used to get this to happen?

A debug log made while doing the copy would also be good. You might need to create logs on both the server and client.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:59 AM
Sage User

Here's the goods on the copy error

Part 1 of 2

I have limited down where the error occurs and if you have already fixed the other 2 problems with directory processing, then this might be fixed as well.

If you are copying from a subfolder such as in the log it reads E:\SageOV... the copy works fine. If you copy from a root folder that has no label as in the other problems it swallows the first character in the receiving end.

I have included the log which has the good copy followed by the bad copy from the client side. Since it picks up the server side name fine (cause it actually does copy) i didnt include the server log (sorry too tired to go on the other side of the house lol - if u need it i will reproduce).

The screen shots of the bad copy are attached as well.

Hope this helps!

BTW, would you consider improving the whole storage management aspect by generating directories to group favorites? It is hard to manage hundreds or thousands of files if they are willy nilly across several volumes. It would be helpful and logical if shows were all stored in a folder for TheSopranos, for example. This could be generated automatically from the show name or specified in the favorites setup. I concede that the TheSopranos subfolder could appear across any or all of the recording drives, but it still would be far easier to manage, especially for archiving.
Now you can copy one file or the whole import directory without any way to select just a few logically related files.

Something to think about anyway. thanks

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: png SageCopy0.PNG (192.0 KB, 209 views)
File Type: png SageCopy1.PNG (185.6 KB, 206 views)
File Type: png SageCopy2.PNG (202.1 KB, 213 views)
File Type: png SageCopy3.PNG (137.9 KB, 203 views)
File Type: png SageCopy4.PNG (175.9 KB, 203 views)
Old 04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Sage User

continued

Part 2 of 2

more attachments
Attached Images
File Type: png SageCopy5.PNG (176.6 KB, 201 views)
File Type: png SageCopy6.PNG (50.0 KB, 201 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt SageClientCopyErrLog.txt (20.9 KB, 195 views)
Old 04-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Administrator

I finally found and fixed this one too. Since you are using drive letters as import paths, let me know if there are other STV issues you've run across that may be caused by those paths. Thanks.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:30 PM
Sage User

You're welcome Andy!

Since I have a 2x300GB Raid 0 setup for the recordings, I just created 5 partitions on the array for sage to use exclusively - so I did not see the need for folders. When I started running out of space I created a folder on another drive for overflow until I get my 2x500gb raid 0 installed, probably today.

I'll keep you posted if there is anything else, but I think that was the last of it.

Tom
Old 04-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Sage User

Maybe this is related...

Andy,

You may want to check out this post. maybe it is related to the import directory issue.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24944

Thanks,

Tom
Old 04-24-2007, 12:41 AM
Administrator

The problem discussed here was simply an STV coding error when dealing with certain paths; it has nothing at all to do with how the core recognizes files moved from one recording dir to another.

- Andy
Old 04-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Sage User

Ok, I just figured that I would send it your way in regards to maybe my issue had to do with how the import directories were being viewed since the previous issue was related to import directory processing. I wasn't sure if they were in a subdirectory, that they would have normally been included in the archive area.

Thanks.