SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Media Center Music Won't Play

I've been struggling with this problem for several days. I'm trying to get WAV or MP3 music to play through Sage's Media Center on my HTPC client. Initially I had some problems with the settings on the AC3 Filter and it's merit. Those have now been resolved, with the help of some forum members (PM), but now I can't get these files to play through Sage.

I'm able to open either a WAV or MP3 through Graphedit and they play fine, now that my system settings have been corrected. In Sage, my encoder is the AC3Filter and my renderer is my M-Rev sound card. So why won't these files play through Sage on my HTPC client, yet play just fine through Graphedit? Is there a properties setting I need to make on the client?

BTW, I have no trouble playing these file types on my desktop client.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Old 05-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Administrator

You could create a debug log and send it to SageTV tech support.

First, though, how are your imported music dirs defined? Does it happen to be a path that the client is trying to access directly, but doesn't have permission to do so?

Do you get an error message when you try to play music?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You could create a debug log and send it to SageTV tech support.

First, though, how are your imported music dirs defined? Does it happen to be a path that the client is trying to access directly, but doesn't have permission to do so?

Do you get an error message when you try to play music?
- Andy
Andy:

Screen shot of directory attached. No error messages at all when trying to play music. Time advances normally when playing a WAV or MP3 file. And as mentioned, no problem playing on my desktop client or through Graphedit on my HTPC. It's just that, when playing music file through the HTPC, I don't get any audio.

I'll create a log and send it in to Sage.

Thanks,

Last edited by Ron; 03-19-2013 at 05:31 AM.