SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Just downloaded the this STVi - I thought i was really happy with SageMC. Turns out I was only moderatly satisfied. NOW I am really happy! Good work!

One thing I haven't figured out yet - I set the transparency of the OSD to a much more transparent value, and it looks great. However, when I scroll up or down while watching TV, that portion of the OSD is still at the default opacity. Is there a way to change that also?
Glad you like it. Are you referring to the miniguide? I will look into it when I have some time.

Thanks,
-tw
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes - miniguide describes that exactly. I wasn't sure what to call it!

btl.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to opy01 Send a message via MSN to opy01
The only thing that frustrated me about my SageMC was the stupid folder issue in the imported videos menu. I downloaded and imported this update today and its beautiful! Your a genius, great job and THANKS!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having some trouble with this. It seems to install as it has fixed the import files folder issue, but I can't see anything in the SageMC/Extra menu. I've tried to import this several times but nothing shows up in the extras menu. I am running SageTV V6.2.4 with SageMC 6.3.3b.

Any ideas?

TIA
Old 07-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrrl View Post
I am having some trouble with this. It seems to install as it has fixed the import files folder issue, but I can't see anything in the SageMC/Extra menu. I've tried to import this several times but nothing shows up in the extras menu. I am running SageTV V6.2.4 with SageMC 6.3.3b.

Any ideas?

TIA
I'm not sure that it is importing at all, since SageMC6.3.3b should have already fixed the import files folder issue with SageTV6.2.4, that was the reason for the b release.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
I'm not sure that it is importing at all, since SageMC6.3.3b should have already fixed the import files folder issue with SageTV6.2.4, that was the reason for the b release.
The 6.3.3 update didn't fix the import file folder issue on mine. This import fixed that on mine but I have tons of stuff in my Extras menu.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Sage User

Quote:

Any ideas?

TIA
Have you tried shutting down SageTV and SageTVService (if you run it as a service) before extracting the .ZIP file, then restarting/Importing?
Old 07-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well it works just fine at the server, but does not work at the MVP. I don't remember reading that this only works at the server, but that is what I have found. If this is not correct please let me know.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well it works just fine at the server, but does not work at the MVP. I don't remember reading that this only works at the server, but that is what I have found. If this is not correct please let me know.

Thanks
Did you pick the STV on your MVP that has this imported into it? Or another way to do it is run the import on your MVP.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, thats got it. I first did the server, found out which STV it had saved. Then on the MVP I went back to the default STV and then loaded the same STV the server saved.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, I am not sure if this has anything to do with this update but I didnt notice it before. In the "My TV" section it now shows the tuner device number beside the recording. Thats good and all but when I realised my OTA HD tuner wasnt working correctly (or at all) I had to uninstall and reinstall both tuners in Sage and reconfigure the channels and stuff. Before it showed a 1 by the recordings from my STB, after I fixed the tuners and tested them it showed a 2 by the recordings from the STB and a 1 by the recordings from the OTA tuner. I figured it just switched the tuner number even though the STB showed to be tuner 1 still and OTA was tuner 2. Everything was recording fine so I just ignored the probelm. Yesterday it said 2 by the STB recordings but today all the recordings say tuner 1 again. This is very odd and kind of freaky. I will be adding another STB to the other capture card so I will have 3 tuning devices and I want to be sure I am not going to run into any major issues. Any clue on whats going on?
Old 07-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Sage User

A few basic questions...

I've installed the latest beta: SageTV V6.2.4 with SageMC 6.3.3a

The instructions say to "import" but based on the SageTV interface, the menu option right before the import option should be used (see pic). Soooo, do I change the extension and import it or choose the previous option and have SageTV lock up? With the import there is no interface change and no SageTVMC settings menu. Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg menu.JPG (56.6 KB, 363 views)
Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklp77 View Post
I've installed the latest beta: SageTV V6.2.4 with SageMC 6.3.3a

The instructions say to "import" but based on the SageTV interface, the menu option right before the import option should be used (see pic). Soooo, do I change the extension and import it or choose the previous option and have SageTV lock up? With the import there is no interface change and no SageTVMC settings menu. Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark
Through the SageTV application Package you have to choose SageMC and have the full install of that package already expanded into the correct directories. You get that in place FIRST.

THEN you IMPORT the SageMC Enhancements as an import.

You can't do one before the other. And you canb't use an import as an application package-hence the lockup, Read the SageMC thread first on getting that installed before you attempt an import.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having issues as well with this plugin. The "Extras" menu in the SageMC settings area is blank after importing this plugin, and after import other things are broken in the original STV. For example, when I go to the list of my recordings, there is no program info displayed for any episode. Just the episode name, that's it.

I ended up starting from scratch. First I set Sage to the default STV and quit (I do not run service mode.) Unzipped a fresh FULL SageMC 6.3.2c install into the Sage directory. Then unzipped the SageMC 6.3.3b update. Then unzipped the Enhancements STVi. Then restarted sage, selected the SageMC stv, then imported the enhancements STVi. No luck... i still get the above behavior.

This is with the latest Sage beta (6.2.4). Anyone else seeing this?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Through the SageTV application Package you have to choose SageMC and have the full install of that package already expanded into the correct directories. You get that in place FIRST.

THEN you IMPORT the SageMC Enhancements as an import.

You can't do one before the other. And you canb't use an import as an application package-hence the lockup, Read the SageMC thread first on getting that installed before you attempt an import.

Gerry
Gerry,

Thanks for your response. I've read the thread and tried to install StageTVmc several ways. At the download site are these instructions:

"**UPDATE - I have updated the ZIP to include the JARs necessary for importing. Shut down SageTV /SageTV service, extract to your SAGETV/SAGETV directory, then restart and import."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
One the FIRST try I tried the following:

I've copied the contents of the .zip file - the JARs and STVs folders to the appropriate place, started up SageTV and selected the "STV Application Package (.STV or XML)" button and from there selected the file, "SageMCEnhancements.xml." I did this as there were no ".STVi" to import. SageTV locked up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
One the SECOND try I tried the following:

I've copied the contents of the .zip file - the JARs and STVs folders to the appropriate place. I then changed the extension of file, "SageMCEnhancements.xml" to .STVi. I started up SageTV and selected the "Import STV Application Package (.STVi file)" button and from there selected the file, "SageMCEnhancements.STVi." I restarted SageTV and did not see a change in the interface or the SageTVmc settings menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been very happy with SageTV after dinking around with BeyondTV and MediaPortal. If I change get the enhancement to work I'm still thrilled with the base product. Thanks for your patience.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, you need to have SageMC installed and running before you install the SageMCEnhancements. It sounds like you are trying to install the SageMCEnhancements directly into the default UI. The pic you attached to post #32 is from the default UI, not the SageMC UI.

Have you installed SageMC and updated it to 6.3.3b from this thread, http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17979 ? First install http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141 for the full install SageMC 6.3.2 package, and then http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=139 for the update to SageMC 6.3.3b. Then load SageMC_169.xml in Setup/Advanced/Load Application Package from the default STV. After you have restarted the UI, you can then unzip and import the SageMCEnhancements.xml file

Old 07-28-2007, 07:15 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Ok, you need to have SageMC installed and running before you install the SageMCEnhancements.
Jack, thanks for taking the time to help! Mark
Old 07-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Sage Icon

You're welcome. It can be confusing. And I just re-read the instructions to the SageMCEnchancements import on the DL page, and it doesn't actually mention that you have to have SageMC installed first. And it can be confusing thinking that SageMC is SageTV, it's not. SageMC is an user-built alternate UI that can be installed over SageTV to make it look more like Windows MCE (Media Center Edition).

I too just installed the import, and do like the added functionality. It doesn't appear to install a new color scheme, so it won't look exactly like the pictures do. Just be aware of that.

edit: twieder, have you given thought to releasing your theme as well. I saw the pics and thought that the import included the color theme.

Last edited by ke6guj; 07-28-2007 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the lack of updates - some medical issues have come up lately...

KE7GUJ -- the theme shown in the sample images is the very fine Foofraw Theme by Grooves12.

...and I have updated the download page to reflect the need for SageMC in order to use this. Thanks for your assistance in helping others in need.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does anyone have any suggestions for my problem here? Thanks in advance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
I'm having issues as well with this plugin. The "Extras" menu in the SageMC settings area is blank after importing this plugin, and after import other things are broken in the original STV. For example, when I go to the list of my recordings, there is no program info displayed for any episode. Just the episode name, that's it.

I ended up starting from scratch. First I set Sage to the default STV and quit (I do not run service mode.) Unzipped a fresh FULL SageMC 6.3.2c install into the Sage directory. Then unzipped the SageMC 6.3.3b update. Then unzipped the Enhancements STVi. Then restarted sage, selected the SageMC stv, then imported the enhancements STVi. No luck... i still get the above behavior.

This is with the latest Sage beta (6.2.4). Anyone else seeing this?