SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Diagnosing crashes

Hi,

I now have two digital TV tuners and I am not sure if they are causing my system to hang (not blue screen, just freeze up). Has anyone got any ideas about how I could try and diagnose if the hardware / drivers for one of the devices is causing crashes without disabling it? I guess I am asking, does sagetv_0.txt get written to and the buffers writing to it flushed before it starts each action? If so I guess I could run with logging on and see if that helps. Also I will need to move sagetv_0.txt out of the way before sage starts, which since it starts as a service is a problem, so any ideas about that would be good as well!

Thanks,

Dooferlad
Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooferlad View Post
Also I will need to move sagetv_0.txt out of the way before sage starts, which since it starts as a service is a problem, so any ideas about that would be good as well!
When Sage starts, it will rename sagetv_0.txt to sagetv_1.txt and create a new _0.txt file. You can open/save the _1.txt. So you don't need to try and get the file before Sage starts.

If while Sage is running, the _0.txt file gets to ~10megs, Sage will delete the oldest _03.txt file, increment the existing files up by one number, and start a new _0.txt file.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Sage

And this is the property you're looking for:

logging_flush_each_entry=true

But it defaults to true so you don't need to change it.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Sage User

crashes for me too

I have a crashing problem where some nights sage will crash every half hour after around an hour of watching. I had some success by disabling the irremote software and thought i had cracked it but last night and tonight i have had at least one crash. I get a black picture then a audio stuck sound and then pc just reboots. I moved from another motherboard to the setup below to try and solve this but no joy. There appears to be nothing written in the sage log about the crash. I am happy to share anything i have tried to solve this, i need help before the wife kicks it out of the lounge.

antec fusion v2, Abit AN-M2HD, 2gb corsair, AM2 5200+, 500GB SAMSUNG SATA, NVIDIA 7050, with nvidia purevideo encoder, wintv NOVA T 500, TV - LGE 37LF65, windows xp sp2, sage 6.2.7
Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
And this is the property you're looking for:

logging_flush_each_entry=true

But it defaults to true so you don't need to change it.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteharding View Post
I have a crashing problem where some nights sage will crash every half hour after around an hour of watching. I had some success by disabling the irremote software and thought i had cracked it but last night and tonight i have had at least one crash. I get a black picture then a audio stuck sound and then pc just reboots. I moved from another motherboard to the setup below to try and solve this but no joy. There appears to be nothing written in the sage log about the crash. I am happy to share anything i have tried to solve this, i need help before the wife kicks it out of the lounge.

antec fusion v2, Abit AN-M2HD, 2gb corsair, AM2 5200+, 500GB SAMSUNG SATA, NVIDIA 7050, with nvidia purevideo encoder, wintv NOVA T 500, TV - LGE 37LF65, windows xp sp2, sage 6.2.7
What version of Java are you using? I had loads of crashes with the latest (6.2) and went back to Java 5, which seems to have solved most of the problems. I am guessing that with 6.2 something happens more often which causes my system to hang. This probably comes down to how Sage interacts with a driver (though saying who is wrong is another matter).

If I were you I would enable logging and when you have a crash send the logs in a bug report and see if one of the wizards at Sage can help you - they are a very helpful bunch!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:43 AM

Exclamation i have the same poblem please help!!

new to sage and useing sever and client! both pc's chash all the time. And can't sort it whatever i try! gone back to java 5. no change!!

sever is AMD 2.8 dual, abit motherboard, 2g of ram.

client is AMD 2.5 duel, abit motherboard, 2g of ram.

can someone please help?

thanks carl