SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-03-2007, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

Upgrade from 6.1.9 to 6.2.10 problem.

I upgraded yesterday from 6.1.9 to 6.2.10, and have a problem. All is working ok, but it have lost my video and picture library structure. My music is still ok.

I have, as many probably have, a directory structure as:

My Movie
My Movie/Home Movies
My Movie/TV Children
My Movie/DVD
My Movie/Series
My Movie/Temporary

I select the top directory, so when I go in My Video I see the subdirectories I can select out. Once selected, I see the actual video's in it. It always worked like that, but with this upgrade I now get all video's straight away, as if they were all under My Movie and not under subdirectories (and yes, I got more than 1 video under each subdirectory, so that's not the issue).

Same thing for My Pictures.

I did remove all directories, rescanned (so all was empty), re-added them, rescanned - same problem.

I did have during my 'trying to fix activities' 2 weird behaviours:

Weirdo 1: I selected My Video, image seemed to freeze, clicked again, and got immediately into a subdirectory (and saw only the files in that one). Clicked to go back on screen and got stuck. Had to close the SageTV window and re-open it again to get on the main menu screen. Definitely something wrong here (it seemed as my second click did click on the sub-directory screen .. not displayed).

Wierdo 2: I at times got more files included, and the reason being that somehow the root C:/ got included in the video directories. Removal does the trick, but it did happen to me more than once.

Info: did try this with standard UI and SageMC, both identical problems, so maybe more a software/db problem.

Before I go to a full re-install, hoping that solves the problem, anybody has an idea to solve this without that full re-install?

Jan
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 AM
SageTVaholic

There is a folder option in the standard ui to show all or use folders. Press escape when in the menu.

B
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

I select in Video the Folder option on top of the screen, that should do it ...

And with rebooting my PC it does in the standard UI, but not in SageMC. So I'll open a thread in that queue, and it seems to be now more a SageMC only problem ...

Jan
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParedis View Post
I select in Video the Folder option on top of the screen, that should do it ...

And with rebooting my PC it does in the standard UI, but not in SageMC. So I'll open a thread in that queue, and it seems to be now more a SageMC only problem ...

Jan
Please update to the latest SageMC version, it's very likely the same problem as described here...

Dirk