SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Live TV not going to the next show

Ok, having sort of an odd ball problem that I first noticed during the world series. While watching live TV, when the guide switches to the next show playback stops with the screen frozen on the last frame of the previous show. When I hit the play button Sage pops up with a "No Signal" message. Pressing the stop button to go back to the Program Guide screen followed by the play button resumes playback into the next show. For instance this evening I watched 3 episodes of Mash back to back, but had to stop and restart live tv whenever it changed episodes.

Not sure how long my system might have been behaving this way as I almost never watch live TV. System Specs are in my signature. Right now I am noticing this behavior on the nVidia DualTV tuner, but I haven't tried with the other tuners yet. I have the following stvis loaded: Comskip Playback for Default STV, dynamic customiisable menus, multi-speed continuous FF/REW, Multifunction stop and Default Record Padding. I tried setting the default record padding to 0 mins both ahead and behind (my normal is 2 min) but had same effect.

Everything else on the system seems fine, ie recordings record without a hitch (I've seen 4 going at the same time) Hoping someone might have an idea before I have to start doing any troubleshooting that might whack out my system. Comments, suggestions?
Old 10-26-2007, 08:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Try checking Setup > Detailed Setup > Customize > Always Tune Channel

Setting this to 'no' might help.

You could also try setting:

seeker/fast_mux_switch=false

in the sage.properties file. (Make sure you shut down sageTv completely first)

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

The seeker/fast_mux_switch=false setting did the trick. Many thanks.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

Razillian

What video/auido settings are you using? I have the exact same issue. I tried seeker/fast_mux_switch=false And it does help but it still freezes a couple seconds and then starts playing again.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

It will freeze for a few seconds because Sage is creating a new file, but it shouldn't remain frozen.

P