SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Sage User

How do I play DVR-MS?

I'm trying out the 6.3.2 beta for Windows Home Server and 6.3.2 client for Windows and so far I like what I see.

The release notes for the beta says it now supports DVR-MS files.
Would the DVR-MS files show up in Recorded TV or under Videos?

I tried adding a DVR-MS file to my current Videos folder, but that file doesn't show up.
All other videos in that folder show up and play correctly.

thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Administrator

They would be imported videos.

DRM files can't be streamed from via the server, so a client would need to be able to see the file directly. This means that you would need to use UNC paths for the import directories so that the client can access the file on its own. As long as the client has a decoder that can play the DRM file & it isn't limited to playing on a specific PC, that should work.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Sage User

.... i now see the videos but I get an error when attempting to play it back

ERROR(-4,0x80004005)

The video plays fine if I click on it directly in the UNC path.

thanks

Last edited by surge; 11-29-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Sage User

According to the release notes, the latest beta (SageTVClient_V6_3_2Setup.exe) plays DVR-MS files.
I'm using SageTV_V6_3_2Setup-WHS.msi as the server on a Windows Home Server.

I can play it fine outside of SageTV, but when I try to play it within SageTV, I get the same error

There was a playback error in playback. Details :
sage.PlaybackException: ERROR
(-4,0x80004005):There was a problem rendering the video
portion of the content for playback.

Any ideas?

thanks.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Administrator

When you use the Info command to view the video's details, does it show the UNC path as part of the path to the video? If not, then SageTV doesn't yet use the UNC path for the video.

If it does show the UNC path, you probably should file a bug report in case there is a problem with playing those files or if there are specific settings that need to be used to play them. (Did you select a decoder that is capable of playing those files?)

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If it does show the UNC path, you probably should file a bug report in case there is a problem with playing those files or if there are specific settings that need to be used to play them. (Did you select a decoder that is capable of playing those files?)

- Andy
Yes, it shows the UNC path.
How do I select the decoder?

For MPEG2 Video Decoder (under Setup \ Detailed Setup \ Audio / Video), I chose NVidia video decoder

All other video types play.. Do I need to choose the decoder for DVR-MS files somewhere else?

thanks.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by surge View Post
Do I need to choose the decoder for DVR-MS files somewhere else?
I don't know whether you need to do something special to play DVR-MS files. I suggested that you file a bug report asking about it because it is listed as something new in the v6.3 beta.

- Andy
Old 11-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Administrator

BTW -- Try DVR-MS playback in the v6.3.3 Release Candidate.

- Andy
Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Sage User

It works with 6.3.3.

However, when I installed the new client, it gave me an error and it thinks I set my clock back and mentioned something like it thinks I'm trying to bypass the security settings of the software.

I actually had to set my computer date to something like December 4th to do the install.

After the install, I was able to set my clock back to the real date.

I'll submit a formal bug report when I try the install on a separate machine to see if it was a problem on the machine I installed it on.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

DVR-MS in new 6.3.5???

Happy to see my older DVR-MS files show up in my "Videos" section with the new 6.3.5 version.

However, I am unable to play them....I get an error in Sagetv. I can play them thru WMP11, though.

Are any folks successfully playing these files back through SageServer, and through SAGE PC clients? Any special setup required?