SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Table with variable size cells

Hello,

I'm a newbie with Studio so bear with me if this is a stupid newb question.

I'm trying to create a 1 dimensional table that has two behaviors that I can't quite see how to do.

1) Focus cell stays in the middle. An example of this is in SageMC (maybe in neilm's dynamic menus) with the alternate scrolling style you can set up. I can't seem to find the code that does this - although I'm not sure that the main list of options in SageMC's main menu is even a table?????

2) Focus cell is larger than other cells.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated. What I'm aiming at is a MiniGuide enhancement for SageMC that would look like kinda like this :

Old 01-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Administrator

You can't have variable sized cells in a table. And, if you want to have the focus item stay in the middle & be larger like that, you are probably better off coding a series of panels with the one in the middle larger & focusable. You would then capture up/down input and scroll by changing the index offset of the first of the series of panels.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for the quick feed back Andy - as it happens I found a few more threads where people were asking about this as well - so maybe in the future this is something that could be added (the variable sized table).

btl.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
You can't have variable sized cells in a table. And, if you want to have the focus item stay in the middle & be larger like that, you are probably better off coding a series of panels with the one in the middle larger & focusable. You would then capture up/down input and scroll by changing the index offset of the first of the series of panels.
You will be able to see a nice example of doing this in the next release of SageMC.

BTW, I agree that it would be very nice to have dynamic scaling of table items available.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 01-18-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hurry up already then!

So you are using the panel approach that andy mentions?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Hurry up already then!

So you are using the panel approach that andy mentions?
We're furiously working on it.

And yes, I'm basically using the approach that Andy outlined.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 01-18-2008, 02:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post

- Andy
You sure about that? Maybe I was faking it out (multiple panels like you say) to do that but I know I've managed something like that while playing around.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
You sure about that? Maybe I was faking it out (multiple panels like you say) to do that but I know I've managed something like that while playing around.
You can make the cell contents smaller, but it can't be larger than its allotted space in the table's grid layout.

One other thing I suppose you could do is display a panel on top of the table over the top of the focused item & have that panel drawn larger than the cell beneath it. You'll have to code for the panel's position and probably give it a higher Z Offset. But, this panel overlay will cover some of the adjacent table cells.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I was actually thinking of that, that might be a kind of neat effect.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Administrator

I forgot to say that you could even use the new mouse transparency property for the overlay panel to keep focus on the underlying table items -- moving the mouse off the cell can then still change focus to the cell that is partially covered, if you want it to do that.

- Andy
Old 01-21-2008, 02:43 PM
SageTVaholic

got it working with the panels approach

So I ended up with 3 panels, one for the "focus" item, two others (above below) that each have a table. I'm still working on it, but here's the look so far:

btl.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

looks good

Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Very nice.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
SageTVaholic

I like it!

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.