SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:54 AM

Sage won't find all my DVB-T channels

Hi- I'm new to Sage TV (using trial) but not HTPC having used Beyond TV till 2 yrs ago, and MCE XP & Vista since.

I'm tied of the flakey performance of Vista MCE, so as Sage now offers DVB-T support I thought I'd give it a try.

My tuner is a Hauppauge Nova T USB2 and in Vista and Hauppauge WinTV, the configuration tunes all available channels (About 100 including Radio)

However, try as I might, I can't get Sage to see any more than 33 channels- no BBC4, no BBC3 and no Radio. These all normally come at the upper end of the frequency scale from the Sandy Heath transmitter.

I've tried removing the channel lineup by deleting wiz.bin and starting from scratch, and I've tried spoofing it with a different transmitter, but all no go.

Am I doing something wrong? Can anyone advise how I can get Sage to see all the channels, as the other apps can do?

Any help gratefully received!
Old 03-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

It's nothing that you've done, none of the radio channels work in sage. I did put in a sage support ticket, and they asked for some further info, but I didn't have time to mess about with log files and whatnot at the moment, so if you have some spare time perhaps you could assist them with the fault.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think SageTV only picks up channels broadcasting audio and video.

As BBC3 and BBC4 etc only audio and video broadcast at certain hours, they will only get picked up when they are broadcasting both.

You can get a full list by scanning at differant times and manually merging the frq files.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@TunerUK View Post
It's nothing that you've done, none of the radio channels work in sage. I did put in a sage support ticket, and they asked for some further info, but I didn't have time to mess about with log files and whatnot at the moment, so if you have some spare time perhaps you could assist them with the fault.

Pjwerdna: I think SageTV only picks up channels broadcasting audio and video.

As BBC3 and BBC4 etc only audio and video broadcast at certain hours, they will only get picked up when they are broadcasting both.

You can get a full list by scanning at differant times and manually merging the frq files.
Thanks for your helpful replies Interesting thought about Sage only picking up actual transmissions!

Due to some other problems with Sage Media, I've dropped the whole thing, and am returning to Vista MCE for the time being.

I did raise a support question with Sage about the TV Channels, so will post any response I get.