SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Sage

Lightbulb Fix for ERROR (-3,0x80070020) (it's WMP's fault)

We got a few reports lately of people having the following error popup in SageTV:

ERROR (-3,0x80070020): There was a problem accessing the filesystem for capture.

A secondary cause of this error is that the first 5 minutes of the corresponding recording would also be missing.

This would happen when SageTV started recording a new file. The problem is due to a recent update to Windows Media Player where it opens the MPEG file right after SageTV creates it which prevents SageTV from writing the video data to the file properly.

To fix the problem just disable windows media player sharing and discovery (under library sharing under the library tab).

Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've had exactly this issue. I'll try this fix tonight. Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can't seem to locate this option in WMP 9. I don't typically take updates to WMP. Does this need need to be updated on all clients?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I've had exactly this issue. I'll try this fix tonight.
This appears to have worked. My version of WMP was slightly different than described, but it was relatively easy to figure out.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to kennethtipton
There is another way to get rid of this error simly move the sage TV data out of the user folder. I have a folder set in the root of the c drive called data and store all of my sage data there. Windows Media Sharing only looks in the user folder and public folder by default.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

ERROR (-3,0X80070020)

There was a Capture Error in playback. Details:
ERROR (-3,0x80070020): There was a problem
accessing the filesystem for capture.

I'm getting this error sometimes when trying to access live tv from SageTV Client. Currently i have WHS v1 with SageTV installed, and i'm running a Client on a Windows 7 x64 that has the same username/password as an account in WHS. When i get this error, I have to press back, then access again live tv to get a No Signal error, then I press stop, back, and access again live tv and i can view live tv. Any tough? someone else with similar problem?

* merged *
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage User

I just started getting the same error yesterday as well. I am also running whs. Yesterday there was an update for the whs installed which may be causing some problems. However I have have been having problems with whs for weeks and about to make a change to win 7 I think.

So from what I have experienced it may be a tuner card conflict/driver issue. I have 1 HVR2250 and 3 HVR 1600 which I have updated all the drivers, but still having the same error. Hopefully I will have some time to test this weekend.

Anyone else having this issue?
Client3: HD300, hdmi to 60" Plasma
Client4: HD300, hdmi to 60" Plasma
Client5: HD300, hdmi to 46" LCD
Placeshifter: Used on multiple laptops
Storage: UnRaid Server 14tb
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
There was a Capture Error in playback. Details:
ERROR (-3,0x80070020): There was a problem
accessing the filesystem for capture.

I'm getting this error sometimes when trying to access live tv from SageTV Client. Currently i have WHS v1 with SageTV installed, and i'm running a Client on a Windows 7 x64 that has the same username/password as an account in WHS. When i get this error, I have to press back, then access again live tv to get a No Signal error, then I press stop, back, and access again live tv and i can view live tv. Any tough? someone else with similar problem?
A capture error during playback with a problem accessing the filesystem would indicate SageTV on your SageTV server isn't able to write the recording to the recording disk. Since live TV eventually does start, that should rule out any kind of disk/file access permission problem. I would be leaning toward hard drive power management (drives are spun down and not spinning up fast enough), failing hard drive, failing controller, faulty or loose hard drive cable, or failing or under-powered power supply as possible causes. Are there any disk errors in the Windows Event Log in the System section? Where are you recording to (WHS storage pool, hard drives outside of the storage pool, RAID set, NAS/network shares) and do you use any kind of power management to spin down the hard drives when they are idle?

I would also enable the SageTV debug logging. If it turns out to be a driver issue with different models of tuner cards not working together or an issue with power management, the debug logs might hold the information SageTV Support would need to find the problem and implement a solution.

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 01-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
I recently started getting this issue as well. I have not done any driver updates or made any hardware modification or changed any power settings. It just magically started happening. Boy, I love computers!

Back to debugging mode...sigh!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
WMP streaming was the root of my issue getting this error. I was experimenting with streaming options to my new TV. The error started around that time then I found this thread which confirmed it. Turning of library sharing and media streaming wasn't so easy for me though, so I ended up removing WMP. Also somehow the folder I was recording to became locked down with only read only privlidges. I fixed that as well and now I am back to recording as normal.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have 3,0x80070020 errors from my OnAir USB GT qam tuner only. Never with my R5000-HDs. This is very annoying, as it never happened in SageTV6 on same hardware and OS. I am disappointed they break things so basic in new software version 7 which people actually have to pay for.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Sage User

Thumbs up

That thread helped me but I used the fix from kennethtipton's post.
I moved the directory where my recorded shows were stored to the root of the drive. That way Windows Media couldn't find it.

Haven't had the error since.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Windows Media Player where it opens the MPEG file right after SageTV creates it which prevents SageTV from writing the video data to the file properly.
If SageTV creates the file, shouldn't it have a lock on the file until the write is released?
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

kennethtipton
How did you move that file to the root? Did you do it during install? I can't move it at this time.
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK I am getting very frustated with this new install. I now have about 8 hrs in this thing and still cannot get a working install. I decided to do a fresh install of windows again this mourning (win7 home premium). Then I loaded all of the drivers for the cards and then loaded sage7 and I still get this same error as stated above and cannot make it work. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY? I have went into media player and turned off everything I can find related to sharing. I tried to move the sage folder from the user folder to the root, but it will not let me move about 5 files because it keeps saying they are in use and I have shut sage and the services down with no help.
Thanks
Wayne
GIGABYTE B560 HD3 MB | Intel I5 6 core CPU | 500 GB WD SSD system drive | (2) 2TB Western Digital SSD drives pooled | 16 GB DDR ram | UHD 630 on board graphics| Win 10 64 bit | SageTV 9 | (5) Sage HD TV extenders | (1) HDHomeRun quad tuner HD OTA | (1) HDHomeRun Dual tuner HD OTA | (2) 1512 HD-PVR2s recording from 2 Dish Network VIP 211K's with Uirt ir control | MX-700 Home theater remote | 60" LED TV | (4) 32" Lcd TV's
Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Go into Task Manager and make sure all processes of SageTV.exe are ended. Just my 2 cents-I always disable UAC on Windows 7 before installing any apps.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledose View Post
OK I am getting very frustated with this new install. I now have about 8 hrs in this thing and still cannot get a working install. I decided to do a fresh install of windows again this mourning (win7 home premium). Then I loaded all of the drivers for the cards and then loaded sage7 and I still get this same error as stated above and cannot make it work. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY? I have went into media player and turned off everything I can find related to sharing. I tried to move the sage folder from the user folder to the root, but it will not let me move about 5 files because it keeps saying they are in use and I have shut sage and the services down with no help.
Thanks
Wayne

How did you finally get your windows-7 working with sage 7 without getting ERROR (-3,0x80070020)?
Tried disabling windows media player but that did not fix it. Tried to move the sage folder from the user folder to the root, but it will not let me either. What got you up and going?

I'm "trying" to upgrade to windows 7 ultimate 64 from XP but no luck so far.

Help from anyone would be great.

thanks