SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Sage Expert

HD recording playback fast

Had a strange problem last night. I was watching one HD show playback while another was recording. When we finished watching the first, we turned to the second that was about 1/2 way through recording. Both came through our HDHR.

The second show looked as if I had FF turned on and no sound. Nothing I tried to do would change this behavior. Stopped and started it, tried FF and RW, nothing helped... because it was running faster, eventually it caught up to the live and then it seemed normal speed, but still no sound. I turned on other HD channels and they were fine. Just seems to be this recording of "Dancing with the Stars."

Any help?

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

I've had this same problem.
I was told by Sage that it is going to be fixed in the next beta that is coming out soon.

Also, I was told that you can use videoredo and it's "quickfix" option to fix the video file that already recorded. YMMV with videoredo since I was not able to get videoredo to fix the problem.

Mitch
Old 04-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Sage Expert

I tried using videoredo, but it would not load the file...something strange was happening..

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
Old 05-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis View Post
I tried using videoredo, but it would not load the file...something strange was happening..

Thanks,

Gary Ellis
It might not be obvious but don't OPEN the file in Videoredo (or drag the file icon onto the Videoredo icon) Start Videoredo and select Quickstream fix from Tools menu and from there select the file you want to fix.

TIM
Old 05-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotheDVDeed View Post
It might not be obvious but don't OPEN the file in Videoredo (or drag the file icon onto the Videoredo icon) Start Videoredo and select Quickstream fix from Tools menu and from there select the file you want to fix.

TIM
I did that, but it generates a small file in about 4 seconds that is just some part of the original video.

Mitch
Old 05-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Mitch,

Request the trial key and install it.

I found the quickfix tool didn't work until it was registered with the trial key. I am using the R5000 to record HD and I just discovered videoredo tonight. It works great on the SD and HD shows that I tried it on.

I am now trying to figure out how to get it to run on all my recordings automatically so that they are all fixed once the recording is done.

BTW, my problem was the same (fast playback, bad seeking in sage). When I viewed the file in VLC, the timeline didn't show up. VLC thought the movie was 0 minutes long and seeking didn't work. After running video redo, things worked great in VLC

Greg