SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Feature request: Bookmarks!

Okay, first off, let me say that I know that this is silly and stupid -- but when you have a seven-year-old screaming bloody murder about something silly and stupid, it doesn't seem quite so silly and stupid.

Here's the scenario: Kid A and Kid B are watching a recorded tv show together. Kid A is told to brush teeth and get ready for bed. Kid B, having already accomplished these tasks, is free to continue watching; since Daddy is so wonderful and has set up a server with SageTV, Kid A can finish watching the show in the morning. The crisis, of course, is that Kid A DOESN'T KNOW AT WHAT POINT IN THE SHOW SHE STOPPED WATCHING! Now, if we stopped playback altogether, then Sage would remember that point and start from that location in the file next time. But that's not what we're doing, because Kid B is going to continue to watch. It'd be great if we could just hit a button to mark a location in a file, so that a future playback can start from that point.

Once again, I know this is silly and stupid, but it seems fairly simple to do, so I don't feel too guilty to ask it.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Once again, I know this is silly and stupid, but it seems fairly simple to do, so I don't feel too guilty to ask it.
Not silly and stupid - there are all types here.

I think this sounds like a reasonable idea (and would be yet another item not on store-bought DVRs, Tivo, etc.). Why not post this suggestion in the "Customizations" forum and see if someone will write an STVi for you?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 AM
Sage User

Quote:
The crisis, of course, is that Kid A DOESN'T KNOW AT WHAT POINT IN THE SHOW SHE STOPPED WATCHING!
I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer other than "it should be possible to do this" kind of thing, but your description of the problem really made my day.

Rich
Old 05-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

I agree!
I used to have a pvr that did bookmarks, it was a great feature, I could mark any favorite parts of a recording to show the other half, (particular news story, powerful scene in a drama, etc) it was a great function, but Sage has replaced the pvr for me, but that was one function I had to give up.

Still after a count down timer tht would work on my MVP to let me know when my dinner in the oven is ready too!!

Fraser
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Kid A DOESN'T KNOW AT WHAT POINT IN THE SHOW SHE STOPPED WATCHING!
I can see what your problem is.......

Seriously though, its a good idea. I could see myself using this now and again but for different reasons