SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

STV Import: OSD autohide override v2

Hi,

I just uploaded a little stv customization to add an option to the OSD autohide detailed setup configuration to ignore the Inactivity Timeout when the OSD was activated by pressing the Info Button.
When you enable this option the OSD autohide function will work for all situations (fi start playback), except when you press the info button. In that case you have to press the info button again to hide the OSD again.
Now you don't have to hurry while reading the show description when you activated the OSD by pressing the info button and have autohide with a short timeout value at the same time for the other situations.

Version 2 also includes the possibility to disable the OSD completely, except for access by pressing the info button. For this you have to insert the following line in the sage.properties file:
autohide_osd_off = true

You can download the stvi file from here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=231

THIS PLUGIN ONLY WORKS WITH SAGETV 6.4. & 6.5

- Chris

Last edited by koelec; 11-22-2008 at 01:23 PM. Reason: compatible with 6.5
Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi koelec,

I imported your OSD customization, it provides the exact behavior I was looking for in SageTV :-)

One minor issue I ran into was that if I am viewing a channel and select Info, then manually close Info, then attempt a channel up or down, the OSD will display and persist until I manually hit Info again to close it. However, if I select the Guide and then pick a channel, then it works properly and auto closes the OSD at the appropriate timeout interval.

I am using it on an HD Extender running the latest beta version of SageTV.

Great Work !! Thanks !!
-rrsavage
Old 06-13-2008, 02:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsavage View Post
Hi koelec,

I imported your OSD customization, it provides the exact behavior I was looking for in SageTV :-)

One minor issue I ran into was that if I am viewing a channel and select Info, then manually close Info, then attempt a channel up or down, the OSD will display and persist until I manually hit Info again to close it. However, if I select the Guide and then pick a channel, then it works properly and auto closes the OSD at the appropriate timeout interval.

I am using it on an HD Extender running the latest beta version of SageTV.

Great Work !! Thanks !!
-rrsavage
Thanks for your remarks. I'll try to fix the issue.
- Chris
Old 06-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to make this plugin do the opposite? Meaning to make the OSD always hide?

Thanks!

Last edited by mherce; 06-13-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherce View Post
Is there a way to make this plugin do the opposite? Meaning to make the OSD always hide?

Thanks!
I don't get what exactly you want. Without this plugin in the detailed setup / customize menu you can set a OSD timeout value, so the OSD only shows the configured time.

- Chris
Old 06-14-2008, 03:02 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
I don't get what exactly you want. Without this plugin in the detailed setup / customize menu you can set a OSD timeout value, so the OSD only shows the configured time.

- Chris
I am very sorry for being unclear . What I'm looking for is exactly this plugin, but where it will disable the OSD totally unless called by the info button.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

new version available

Hi there,
I've just uploaded a new version of this customization, which fixes the reported problem that the OSD is not autohided (if enabled) when FF/FR or ChannelUp/Down, etc where pressed.
This version also includes the possibility to disable the OSD completely, except for access by pressing the info button. For this you have to insert the following line in the sage.properties file:
autohide_osd_off = true

You can download the stvi file here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=231

- Chris
p.s. this import cannot be installed over the previous version.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:56 AM
Sage User

Wow, that is very, very cool! Thanks! This goes into + for SageTV column.

Edit: Ah, this is for the default STV? Is there a way to get it to work with SageMC?
Old 06-15-2008, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by koelec View Post
Version 2 also includes the possibility to disable the OSD completely, except for access by pressing the info button. For this you have to insert the following line in the sage.properties file:
autohide_osd_off = true

You can download the stvi file from here:
http://forums.sage.tv/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=231

- Chris
This doesn't seem to be working this is what i have in my client properties file. I would like the OSD not to display at all only when I hit the Info.... but it appears not to be working.

autohide_osd=true
autohide_osd_off=true
Old 06-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
This doesn't seem to be working this is what i have in my client properties file. I would like the OSD not to display at all only when I hit the Info.... but it appears not to be working.

autohide_osd=true
autohide_osd_off=true
Is the ignore autohide for info button function working for you?
Which version of SageTV are you using?

- Chris

Last edited by koelec; 06-19-2008 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2008, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

I am using 6.310 with the latest JAVA. I do not see anything in customization as far as ignore autohide for info button function. Is this supposed to add an entry to the Customization section in setup details.... If it is it is not doing it.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I am using 6.310 with the latest JAVA. I do not see anything in customization as far as ignore autohide for info button function. Is this supposed to add an entry to the Customization section in setup details.... If it is it is not doing it.
Ah, I'm sorry I verified it with 6.3 and indeed it does not work. Unfortunately I developed this thing while running the 6.4 and did not do any checking on 6.3.
My fault .
Hopefully 6.4 will final soon.

- Chris