SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Sage User

No Audio Playing Music, Audio Fine For TV/Videos

New system just installed. Headless server running on XP, music and dvd collection on hardrives, 3 Hauppauge 1600 tuners on the server. Viewing through HD extender connected via HDMI direct to TV. Audio configured to HDMI on the extender. Audio is fine when watching tv or videos. When I go to the "Music" area on the media center, select a song or album and choose "play now" it says "adding to now playing playlist" but I get no audio. Either i'm actually not getting audio, or it's not even really starting to play the song. Don't know which. Any suggestions? Is there a UI cue that a song is playing (such as a progress bar, etc.)?

Thanks in advance for the help.

More Information: I went to browse media files and tried to play a song from my collection directly. It gave me a (-19 No Media Player capable of playing the file is present) error. This means that the files are not even playing. How can I fix this? The music is digitized in .wma format through windows media player. I thought Sage could play those back without any external players configured.

Thanks again.

Yet more information: Checked the server when I browse media files from the server and choose to play a song directly, it appears to work and gives me the song timeline showing playing progress. Nevertheless, still can't play on the extender and also can't play from the server (or the extender) by selecting "play song now" through the Media Center / Music interface.

Last edited by pstockha; 07-13-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
SageTVaholic

Are they protected files?
Old 07-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Sage User

Nope.