SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

FIOS OR Lineup change...how long until EPG "gets it"?

Verizon just released their new HD Lineup and major channel swappage last night...neither SageTV nor TitanTV for FIOS show the new lineup...but it is out there on the STB's and TV's in my home!...

How long does it typically take for the infrastructure like SageTV and TitanTV EPG's to list the new stations and changed station numbers?

Also, should I "fiddle" with the lineup (e.g. move the stations in the old lineup to the new channels) or should I wait for the EPG to "get it"...I'm afraid if I fiddle...when the right stuff starts getting downloaded I'll have a confused SageTV guide to re-re-rearrange...

thanks

jmv
Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 AM
SageTVaholic

SageTV doesn't have anything to do with it afaik.

It's up to the guide provider to get it switched. My cable company has been switching things around about once a month lately and it takes anywhere from a day or two up to about a week for them to get the guide data updated.

You can check the Zap2It for your provider and zipcode. Once the channel changes are updated in there, you're guide should get the update as well.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

I am in Nothern VA and the last time a major change occured on the FIOS lineup it only took a day to get the new channels in the EPG.

I hate messing with the EPG setup (I always find a way to mess everything up), I would wait a day and check Zap2it's website to see if they have the new lineup on there. Sage shouldn't be too far behind.

edit: too late.

Last edited by mattdcknsn; 07-21-2008 at 09:26 AM. Reason: too slow.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Sage User

I'm facing the same problem here in Suffolk County Long Island.

I managed to pick up the new line up changes for my Tivo...after trying all 8 different possible lineup choices in the list.

But none of the ones that are listed for Sage match the new lineup. It's been about 2 days now.

What 3rd party company provides the EPG for Sage? Is there some one we can email and notify them of the change?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
What 3rd party company provides the EPG for Sage?
As mentioned above Zap2It.

Quote:
Is there some one we can email and notify them of the change?
Not that I know of. Give it a few days and check again.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post
What 3rd party company provides the EPG for Sage?
See if Zap2it has your updated listings somewhere.

Quote:
Is there some one we can email and notify them of the change?
See this FAQ.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Sage Icon

Also, keep in mind that Sage only updates the EPG once per day (although I don't know when that is). So if Zap2it changes the EPG after Sage loads it for the day, it won't get fixed in Sage until the next day.

From the FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
Q: How often is the Program Guide (EPG) updated?

A: Every 24 hours.
You can easily see when the next EPG update is scheduled to occur by going to the main menu and choosing: Setup -> System Information. On that screen, you will see a listing for the "Last EPG Update: date/time" and "Next EPG Update In: hours + minutes".

Q: Can I force the Guide to be updated any sooner?

A: Yes.
OH! You want to know how!? There is no direct option yet to tell SageTV to :"Update Guide NOW", but an update will occur if you do the following: go to Channel Setup. On that screen, click on one channel twice to 1) toggle its status and 2) toggle it back to what it was. Then, select "Done with Channel Setup". SageTV will then update its guide, even though no channels have actually been enabled or disabled. The next automatic guide update will be scheduled 24 hours from the time you forced an update.

Alternatively, the Webserver for SageTV by nielm has a button to click that forces the EPG to be updated. (Note that this does not trigger the grabber mechanism to run if you are using XMLTV.)

Also see this FAQ for more info if the EPG still doesn't update.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Sage User

Was finally able to find a lineup that matches the updated Fios lineup. But still there seems to be a problem.

While all the channels appear in the lineup setup list and are enabled, it doesn't seem to be allowing me to disable any of them. I don't have an HD set, so I want to disable all of the HD channels.

But when I to the program guide, not all the channels are displayed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.