SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
If not, then email directly at metadatatools at gmail dot com, and I can send you debug versions without having to publish a full build.
Not sure if you got my email, but that didn't help...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
Not sure if you got my email, but that didn't help...
Yeah... Sorry, I did get your email... but between work, christmas, and bug fixes, I haven't had a chance to look at another solution yet.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah... Sorry, I did get your email... but between work, christmas, and bug fixes, I haven't had a chance to look at another solution yet.
No problem, I know the feeling! I have like half a dozen projects going on, with more that I could start if the days were longer.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 12-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Sage Icon

How do we use the "Album" functions (e.g. GetAlbumTracks())? There are no album ids that I can see and when I try the name of the album it doesn't work.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
How do we use the "Album" functions (e.g. GetAlbumTracks())? There are no album ids that I can see and when I try the name of the album it doesn't work.
It would appear, that since there is no way to find an album by id, and as such, there is no way to really get album information. I'll add a bug, and maybe I can see if I can find a work around for this after christmas.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It would appear, that since there is no way to find an album by id, and as such, there is no way to really get album information. I'll add a bug, and maybe I can see if I can find a work around for this after christmas.
Yeah that's an annoyance in dealing with albums in SageTV, you pretty much have to use their first song or such to keep track of them.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Don't waste your time on it since I was just curious and am just playing around with the API. Thanks.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Dunno if this will help or not but you can use GetAlbumForFile() for any song and it will return all the album data you need (as long as that song is part of an album that is).
Old 01-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Sage User

I'm trying to use the GetShowForExternalID function to get the Show object for "South Park". From a different call I've determined South Park's external ID to be: EP2298270202.
I'm using:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/sagex/api?c=GetShowForExternalID?1=EP2298270202
But it returns an error

EDIT: Doh, I was double question-marking my command. it should have been http://localhost:8080/sagex/api?c=GetShowForExternalID&1=EP2298270202
Then it works!

Last edited by bradvido; 01-20-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Sage User

On to my next problem.
When the function expects a sage.Show parameter, what should be used?
I've tried show:[external_id] and [show name] but no luck.
I can't seem to find a show id anywhere to used, except for the external id.

EDIT:
Again, solved my own problem. I was getting an empty result because there really was no info for the show i was querying.
The correct syntax is show:[external_id]

Sorry for the un-necessary posts!

Last edited by bradvido; 01-20-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Sage User

OK, last question today (promise)
I'm trying to get series info (not show/episode info) by using GetSeriesInfoForID.
I need to pass it a series id, and from the documentation, I understand it to be defined as:
Quote:
SeriesID- the ID of the series, this should match the prefix of corresponding ShowIDs w/out the last 4 digits for proper linkage (i.e. the SeriesID for EP1234567890 would be 123456)
So, for my test, I'm using Law & Order: SVU. A show for it has an external id of:EP3169780179. So the corresponding series id is: 316978.
So I call:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/sagex/api?c=GetSeriesInfoForID&1=316978
And i get an error (although it does mention the Law & Order name, so I think I have the ID correct):
Code:
- <error sagex-version="7.0.23.3">
- <message>
- <![CDATA[ Unknown Object Type: sage.c3 for Sage Object: SeriesInfo[18414,Law & Order: Special Victims Unit]
  ]]> 
  </message>
- <exception>
- <![CDATA[ 
java.lang.Exception: Unknown Object Type: sage.c3 for Sage Object: SeriesInfo[18414,Law & Order: Special Victims Unit]
	at sagex.remote.builder.SimpleXmlBuilder.handleError(SimpleXmlBuilder.java:38)
	at sagex.remote.builder.SageAPIBuilder.build(SageAPIBuilder.java:63)
	at sagex.remote.api.XmlReplyEncoder.encodeReply(XmlReplyEncoder.java:26)
	at sagex.remote.api.ApiHandler.handleRequest(ApiHandler.java:158)
	at sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doPost(SagexServlet.java:59)
	at sagex.remote.SagexServlet.doGet(SagexServlet.java:37)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:864)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:539)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Unknown Object Type: sage.c3 for Sage Object: SeriesInfo[18414,Law & Order: Special Victims Unit]
	... 23 more

]]> 
  </exception>
  </error>
Does sage not automatically add data for the series? I noticed there are also functions to add series data manually.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM
SageTVaholic

@bradvido - The issue here is that I don't have a serializer for SeriesInfo. I had to write specific serializers for each object that I was exposing over http, and this is one of the few objects left, that I haven't implemented.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
@bradvido - The issue here is that I don't have a serializer for SeriesInfo. I had to write specific serializers for each object that I was exposing over http, and this is one of the few objects left, that I haven't implemented.
Thanks. At least now I know I'm not doing something wrong!
Do you have plans to implement it, or has development stopped for this project?
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradvido View Post
Thanks. At least now I know I'm not doing something wrong!
Do you have plans to implement it, or has development stopped for this project?
No development hasn't stopped... it's project that is used heavily by every other plugin that I have, including, Phoenix and Batch Metadata Tools.

The issue, is time. BMT and Phoenix consume 150% of my time right now, so there's not alot left over to enhance sagex-apis. I do have a short list of things that need to be updated in this project, when i get the time.

I'm also not adverse to other people submitting patches as well
Old 01-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'm also not adverse to other people submitting patches as well
I was curious as to how this worked, so I went ahead and created a patch for the SeriesInfo issue.

This patch has the following caveats due to limitations/problems with the
SeriesInfoAPI.
  • There is no IsSeriesInfoObject() method. So I used GetSeriesID() != null as the test for a SeriesInfo object. This only works because I made it the very last test, otherwise other objects (such as a Show object) would be converted by the call and return the series ID.
  • The GetSeriesActorList and GetSeriesCharacterList are ignored during serialization because they have incorrect return values in the API docs (String vs String[]) and so the API wrappers for these methods are also incorrect and throw a ClassCastException.

I fired off a feature request and a bug report, respectively, to Sage about those issues.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SeriesInfoSerializer.patch.txt (2.3 KB, 192 views)
Old 01-22-2011, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

@skiingwiz - thanks for the patch. I'll apply it today, and I'll try to get a new build out this weekend.
Old 01-22-2011, 06:01 AM
SageTVaholic

@skiingwiz - I've incorporated the patch, and I just published an updated sagex-api. At first I thought there must be an error with the patch, because it contained so little code, I forget myself how I handled the serialization
Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Sage User

Quote:
@skiingwiz - I've incorporated the patch, and I just published an updated sagex-api. At first I thought there must be an error with the patch, because it contained so little code, I forget myself how I handled the serialization
Thanks you skiingwiz and stuckless! I didn't expects a patch and update so quickly
Old 01-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Your code was set up quite well. It was almost no work to add the SeriesInfo. In fact, I spent more time discovering the issues with the SeriesInfo API than I did writing the patch.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingwiz View Post
  • There is no IsSeriesInfoObject() method. So I used GetSeriesID() != null as the test for a SeriesInfo object. This only works because I made it the very last test, otherwise other objects (such as a Show object) would be converted by the call and return the series ID.
  • The GetSeriesActorList and GetSeriesCharacterList are ignored during serialization because they have incorrect return values in the API docs (String vs String[]) and so the API wrappers for these methods are also incorrect and throw a ClassCastException.

I fired off a feature request and a bug report, respectively, to Sage about those issues.
I heard back from Sage today and both of these issues are fixed for 7.1.