SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Help: Cable provider updated STB firmware now Hauppaugge IRblaster works sporadically

Hello -

I have a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 stb from Brighthouse Networks. Ive had this working with my HTPC for over 2 years constantly.

My provider updated the firmware on the cablebox to work with their new control software. It seems if Sage tries to change the channel, and the clock rolls forward a minute inbetween (for instance, its 9:59:59 and Sage starts to change the channel and during the channel selection the clock rolls to 10:00:00 it screws up, like if it was going for channel 141, and it will only receive the last 41).

Is there a way I can tell the Hauppaugge IR Blaster to either change the channel 15 seconds before or after the changing of a scheduled recording?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

*bump*

Is there a setting in the sage.properties file that will allow me to specifiy to start the recording 00:00:01 after the scheduled recording time?

I know through the Sage UI I can go to advanced recording properties and it allows me to start the recording X minutes before or after, but I find that I lose too much show if I start it a full minute after. I'd like to start it only seconds after.

Thanks!