SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Sage User

sagetv, harmony 880, usbirt frustrated with settings; pls help

It is not working at all; here is what i tried so far by reading several threads here and there..

1) added a device (MCE-1039 - media center PC)
2) Set up remote control as USB-UIRT
3) Loaded the configuration to Harmony 880

Not responding to any of the commands from Harmony Remote;

Now I tried to learn all the commands from Sage; when I am trying to set for UP and Down; It is not responding to the first click, but with the second click (UP button), it is skipping the next one, moving to the 2nd one.

Any step by step instructions on how to setup with the Sage 6.4, Harmony 880 and USB-UIRT?

I have ATI TV Wonder HD650 Video card connected through S-Video; Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Thanks for the help.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Sage User

Gosh. I wish I could remember exactly what you have to do. I believe that
Sage allows you to attach multiple IR commands to a single sage command.
I don't promise this will work but you might try it until you get the
definitive answer.

First teach sage how to use the remote key. Then do it again. I believe
the harmony sends to IR commands or something like that.

ED
Old 11-17-2008, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

In SageTV I'm assuming you set the "remote with USB-UIRT" as the remote control setting? Right? If so that's good.
Secondly, tell us if you've changed any of the remote settings in SageTV itself. You probably haven't, but it is possible as you can change SageTV settings to learn other IR codes from other IR remotes.
Then, you should have plugged the USB-UIRT into your HTPC and installed the USB-UIRT driver.
Then, when you do the Harmony 880 setup with the Harmony software, select SageTV HD100 as a device. You'll also add your TV and in some cases your receiver as a device in the Harmony 880 setup.

Then when it's time to test the remote, you should be able to select "watch SageTV" or whatever you named it and then control the HTPC. Report back and give lots of detail if you're still having trouble.

Last edited by Brent; 11-17-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage User

I set the "SageTV HD100" as a device, and sagetv is not responding to any of the commands.

I tried to learn all the commands from Harmony 880, it is not responding to first push, but going to third one after re-push. For ex. if i am in the first item in the menu, and press down.. it is not responding. if i push second time, it is coming to the third item in the menu.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

getstarted

Take a look at the How to I made.
I connected EventGhost, SageTV, Foobar2000, and my Harmony 880 remote to my HTPC

Scat

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...highlight=scat
Old 11-18-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage User

delgross touched on it but definitely go back into Sage and have it learn each button twice. The remote control your Harmony is mimicking probably sends two alternating IR codes and Sage only recognizes one of them. That should solve your only-works-on-every-other-button-push problem.

The second one sounds like your Harmony is sending two commands instead of one on every working button push. Using the Harmony setup wizard there should be a way to change the timing of the signal so your USB-UIRT won't pick up two commands but I don't remember what to look for exactly. It's been a while since I've done my setup but I do remember having the very same issue with my 880/USB-UIRT combo.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scat View Post
getstarted

Take a look at the How to I made.
I connected EventGhost, SageTV, Foobar2000, and my Harmony 880 remote to my HTPC

Scat

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...highlight=scat
I was trying to confure according to your guide. But I dont see Sage in EventGhost Configuration plugin. But I see FooBar2000, ffdshow, winamp, etc., but not sagetv. Any idea?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Sage User

I just set up my Logitech Harmony 550 last week. I assume the 880 is the same.

A few items:

1) As a few people have mentioned, you need to set up BOTH codes in SageTV. Set up the up button, then go back and set it up again. Make sure it registers 2 distinct codes for each of the directonal buttons. I believe there was a similar issue with FFwd/Rewind. I've read that the reason for the distinct codes it to allow for auto-repeating when fast-forwarding / rewinding.

2) On the 550 (likely the same on the 880), to fix the "double button press" issue, log in to the software, go to Devices -> Troubleshoot for SagePC. Then choose that SagePC responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally. On the next page Decrease the value of the setting (I have it set to "0"

3) You may find that the Harmony remotes are VERY VERY slow. For some reason Logitech sets the delay between button presses to an extremely high value by default for some reason (around 1 second). This makes for a very long delay when it needs to turn on the TV, Receiver, set the inputs on both & go to the guide on Sage.

I adjusted the delay for ALL of my devices (Devices -> Troubleshoot -> Device is responding too slowly) from 1500 ms to 0. This made the remote much more responsive.

The logitech remotes are quite the hassle to set up I find, but once they are set up, they work fantastic for the price.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by getstarted View Post
I was trying to confure according to your guide. But I dont see Sage in EventGhost Configuration plugin. But I see FooBar2000, ffdshow, winamp, etc., but not sagetv. Any idea?
getstarted

The version of EventGhost I have is 0.3.6.1480 and SageTV is listed as a plugin

Scat
Old 11-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yalbik View Post
I just set up my Logitech Harmony 550 last week. I assume the 880 is the same.

A few items:

1) As a few people have mentioned, you need to set up BOTH codes in SageTV. Set up the up button, then go back and set it up again. Make sure it registers 2 distinct codes for each of the directonal buttons. I believe there was a similar issue with FFwd/Rewind. I've read that the reason for the distinct codes it to allow for auto-repeating when fast-forwarding / rewinding.

2) On the 550 (likely the same on the 880), to fix the "double button press" issue, log in to the software, go to Devices -> Troubleshoot for SagePC. Then choose that SagePC responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally. On the next page Decrease the value of the setting (I have it set to "0"

3) You may find that the Harmony remotes are VERY VERY slow. For some reason Logitech sets the delay between button presses to an extremely high value by default for some reason (around 1 second). This makes for a very long delay when it needs to turn on the TV, Receiver, set the inputs on both & go to the guide on Sage.

I adjusted the delay for ALL of my devices (Devices -> Troubleshoot -> Device is responding too slowly) from 1500 ms to 0. This made the remote much more responsive.

The logitech remotes are quite the hassle to set up I find, but once they are set up, they work fantastic for the price.
Your point (3) fixed my problem. Now it is working great.

Scat, Your doc is good for starting/exiting sage. I will see if it has any plug-in for Cyberlink Blue-ray player.. it will be great if it has.

Thank you all for the help.