SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV Import: iMovies for SageMC

iMovies Version 1.2.0 for SageMC

For detailed installation instructions and information go to the download link

Download iMovies 1.2.0

New in Version 1.2.0:
  • Fanart posters
  • Fanart Backgrounds
  • Fanart Background Scaling
  • User Ratings
  • Media Icons
  • Basic Panels
  • New layouts with fanart backgrounds
  • Handfull of bugfixes and other changes...

Note – A new version of the iMovies plugin can not be installed on top of a previous version. Use a version of the STV which has not previously had the iMovies plugin imported.

Previous .layout files may need to be updated.

Known Issues – The fanart background scaling takes some time to scale the background the first time each background is loaded. Subsequent loads should be much faster. The scaling feature can be turned of if you prefer not to use it.

Pre-installed Layouts:

Fanart - Fixed

Fanart - Single

Fanart - Variable

Classic - Widescreen

Classic - Widescreen - Reflection

Details - Widescreen

Last edited by jvl711; 05-02-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: images are too wide to be posted inliene; changed to links
Old 12-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

The image links don't appear to work.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Whoa, Very Sweet. I've been waiting for this for sometime

Great job

Bring on the BLING
Old 12-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The image links don't appear to work.
I was updating the images with smaller ones. They should be up now.
Old 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Whoa, Very Sweet. I've been waiting for this for sometime

Great job

Bring on the BLING
Thanks Ben... Thanks for all of your help testing this plugin
Old 12-13-2008, 12:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Beautiful. Great work on this add-on.

One question. When I select a movie title, my movie details screen looks like the old SageMC style and not like the screen-shot you have above for details. Is there a setting I need to change to get that?
Old 12-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Beautiful. Great work on this add-on.

One question. When I select a movie title, my movie details screen looks like the old SageMC style and not like the screen-shot you have above for details. Is there a setting I need to change to get that?
I guess the title of that screen cap is a little misleading.

It is not a movie info screen. It is another layout file that is available for iMovies. Look at the Import/Export layouts section in the first post. It explains how to import and export iMovies layout files.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Is this only planned to focus on Movies?

I like the way this looks! Fantastic work. The question I have is would it be possible to use this framework and the fan art property to build something akin to the TVnight layout from meedio? I'm not sure if i can manage the Studio interface. It sounds like its a bit out of my coding depth. Just curious... maybe I'm the only person who would want such a thing.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Talking

Hi,
This is amazing. It works like a charm for DVD's.
However for no DVD's not that well. I have around 30 DVD's but have hundreds of TV series in avi format.
iMovies show them all as one long list which very difficult to navigate.
I have all my series organized into Series Name/Season/Episode structure.
Is there a way to use this plugin for this type of organization?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

Very nice!!! I'm playing with it and getting everything setup. Is there a way when I get everything configured on one system, I can do a cookie cutter to all systems?
Old 12-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
Hi,
However for no DVD's not that well. I have around 30 DVD's but have hundreds of TV series in avi format.

Thanks
Sorry, but not at this time. I focused mainly on using this plugin for Movies. I will keep this in mind though, and see if I can work something into a newer version. I think we would need to have a series info screen for this to work properly though.

It would be cool if a user would click on a Heroes Season 1 cover art and it would go to a list of all of the episodes in the series info screen for Heroes season 1.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueOnda View Post
Very nice!!! I'm playing with it and getting everything setup. Is there a way when I get everything configured on one system, I can do a cookie cutter to all systems?
I do not know exactly what settings you want to transfer to each system. If you are just referring to the look and feel of iMovies you can copy all of the jvl/iMovies property settings to each client property file.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

"Note – A new version of the iMovies plugin can not be installed on top of a previous version. Use a version of the STV which has not previously had the iMovies plugin imported"

So this begs the question for the ignorant user like myself who just installed the previous version yesterday, how do I import this again on my HD200?

Thanks

Proud owner of a HD200 connected to a 47" LCD. Loving Sage 7 and Phoenix
Old 12-15-2008, 08:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Either use the one you installed it in before yesterday. Or to avoid confusion always go back to the SageMC_169.xml. Then you would also reimport any other plugins you are using. Reconfiguration of individual plugins shouldn't be necessary.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Sage Advanced User

I am enjoying this plugin very much. Thank you for putting the time into creating it.

The one thing I miss most from the default video view is the filesystem view. I take advantage of this to group sets together. All my bond and harry potter movies get grouped together. In addition, filesystem view sorts based on filename, not on title. I use this extensively to get things sorted in the way I want. For example, the video folder for "The Incredibles" is just called Incredibles, while the title is still called the "The Incredibles." This makes the title sorted with the "I"s in filesystem view.

-Mike
Old 12-15-2008, 12:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryttingm View Post
I am enjoying this plugin very much. Thank you for putting the time into creating it.

The one thing I miss most from the default video view is the filesystem view. I take advantage of this to group sets together. All my bond and harry potter movies get grouped together. In addition, filesystem view sorts based on filename, not on title. I use this extensively to get things sorted in the way I want. For example, the video folder for "The Incredibles" is just called Incredibles, while the title is still called the "The Incredibles." This makes the title sorted with the "I"s in filesystem view.

-Mike
Mike,

I will keep this in mind for future versions. I think this might help one of the other posters who asked for their tv episodes to be grouped together. This might be a relatively large undertaking because of the way the plugin was designed.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

This would be perfect; especially if you added catagory views as well. This is the only thing holding me back from using this import instead of the builtin My Videos menu for sageMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Mike,

I will keep this in mind for future versions. I think this might help one of the other posters who asked for their tv episodes to be grouped together. This might be a relatively large undertaking because of the way the plugin was designed.

***RIP SageTV***

Last edited by mkanet; 12-15-2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Mike,

I agree, I would like to see it added this way. BTW Good work
Old 12-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julianus View Post
Hi,

Thanks
First, great plugin! It really brings Sage up to the level (graphically) of some of the other HTPC solutions out there. Sage already beats them on the usability front

Some type of grouping or folder view would be great. For now I created a sub menu called iMovie and added a bunch of filtered iMovie links. One for DVD's (A-M), DVD's (N-Z), HD-Movies, Wife's Movies, and then separate ones for each TV series. I'm thinking about breaking some of the TV Series off into their own sub menu, since ones that are 9+ seasons still have lots of files to traverse in the iMovies view.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 12-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White94Cobra View Post
First, great plugin! It really brings Sage up to the level (graphically) of some of the other HTPC solutions out there. Sage already beats them on the usability front

Some type of grouping or folder view would be great. For now I created a sub menu called iMovie and added a bunch of filtered iMovie links. One for DVD's (A-M), DVD's (N-Z), HD-Movies, Wife's Movies, and then separate ones for each TV series. I'm thinking about breaking some of the TV Series off into their own sub menu, since ones that are 9+ seasons still have lots of files to traverse in the iMovies view.
Alright... Your example has completely convinced me. I am not sure how I am going to implement it, or how long it is going to take me, but I am going to implement some form of a folder view. I think that will satisfy most of the requests that I have gotten.

I think I will implement a folder view first, then I will go back latter an address the Folder Filtering to allow multiple paths to be removed from the view.

I am really surprised that folder organization requests are the only ones that I am getting. Is everyone pretty much happy with everything else? Is there any other usability issues that I should look into? Any bugs that I should know about?