SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheemer View Post
I have a couple other things I wanted to mention about your import:

I would like the scrolling to be fast after a certain amount of time. Right now it seems like the client is having a hard time and trying to keep up with the animations... Not sure if that can be fixed?

I would also like to remove everything in the description panel expect for the actual description. Maybe this can be an option?

I would also love if this could adhere to the new fanart and display the backgrounds.

I hope you continue development and advancement of this import, because the cool factor is definitely there.

Thanks!
The fast scrolling is a good idea, but likely not very easy. The botleneck is how quickly sage can load the cover art. If all of the coverart images could fit in the cache then the scrolling would fly. When I have ideas to speed up the scrolling I will add code to do that.

Did you try the new description panel Style2? If so what would you like different?

Fanart backgrounds are coming soon. I have it working well already, I just need to tweak the code a bit and add some customization to it before I release another beta.

I am not planning on abandoning the plugin anytime soon, but development will be slow, because I have been busy working on my Masters in Computer Science. I have been pretty busy coding for work.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

iMovies Version 1.2.0 for SageMC

iMovies Version 1.2.0 for SageMC

For detailed installation instructions and information go to the download link

Download iMovies 1.2.0

New in Version 1.2.0:
  • Fanart posters
  • Fanart Backgrounds
  • Fanart Background Scaling
  • User Ratings
  • Media Icons
  • Basic Panels
  • New layouts with fanart backgrounds
  • Handfull of bugfixes and other changes...

Note – A new version of the iMovies plugin can not be installed on top of a previous version. Use a version of the STV which has not previously had the iMovies plugin imported.

Previous .layout files may need to be updated.

Known Issues – The fanart background scaling takes some time to scale the background the first time each background is loaded. Subsequent loads should be much faster. The scaling feature can be turned of if you prefer not to use it.

Pre-installed Layouts:

Fanart - Fixed

Fanart - Single

Fanart - Variable

Classic - Widescreen

Classic - Widescreen - Reflection

Details - Widescreen
Old 05-02-2009, 12:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Much Much better nice work!!!!

Are you scaling any of the fanart?

Old 05-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Much Much better nice work!!!!

Are you scaling any of the fanart?

Yes I am, Thanks for the help with that. I made it an option so that if a user does not like the scaling they can turn it off. It does seem to help a bit once the images have been scaled.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Yes I am, Thanks for the help with that. I made it an option so that if a user does not like the scaling they can turn it off. It does seem to help a bit once the images have been scaled.
No problem.

As for the option why no just respect the defaul fanart option to use scaling?

That is how I chose to do it if they have scaling enabled in the default of sagemc then mine scales if not then it doesn't

Glad you got it working it has been a life saver from my app on extenders.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Cool, I'll check this out now.

Nice Job.

Edit:

Is it me or doesn't it extract to the correct folder. You have to manually copy the files into the correct place. jvl711, I have re-zipped it and can send it to you by email if you find that it isn't extracting to the correct place.

Edit:2

I'm liking the classic widescreen view the most, lots of settings to play with as well

Do you mind if I pinch your code for the user ratings? Its far more efficient than mine.

Last edited by jaminben; 05-02-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Cool, I'll check this out now.

Nice Job.

Edit:

Is it me or doesn't it extract to the correct folder. You have to manually copy the files into the correct place. jvl711, I have re-zipped it and can send it to you by email if you find that it isn't extracting to the correct place.

Edit:2

I'm liking the classic widescreen view the most, lots of settings to play with as well

Do you mind if I pinch your code for the user ratings? Its far more efficient than mine.
Do you know what folder I messed up... I thought I got it right. I have been known to do that!

Really... I would have thought you would have liked the Fanart - Static.

Of course you can use the code. You may use any code that you need.

Last edited by jvl711; 05-02-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No problem.

As for the option why no just respect the defaul fanart option to use scaling?

That is how I chose to do it if they have scaling enabled in the default of sagemc then mine scales if not then it doesn't

Glad you got it working it has been a life saver from my app on extenders.
Darn, I did not know there was one. Which version of SageMC did that popup in?
Old 05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Do you know what folder I messed up... I thought I got it right. I have been known to do that!

Of course you can use the code. You may use any code that you need.
You just need to zip the STVs & Jar folders by highlighting them both, right click and use add to zip, add you name at the end replacing jars. You don't need to place them into another folder before hand and then zipping that folder.

Last edited by jaminben; 05-02-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
You just need to zip the STVs & Jar folders by highlighting them both, right click and use add to zip, add you name at the end replacing jars. You don't need to place them into another folder before hand and then zipping that folder.
Gottcha... I will fix that and update the download. Thanks Ben.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Gottcha... I will fix that and update the download. Thanks Ben.
I sent the zip in an email to you just in case
Old 05-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Sage User

I know this is a simple question, but how to a play a video? Whenever I press Enter or Play, iMovies locks up and I have to reboot. My setup:

SageTV Server on WHS 6.5.9 & HD200 (latest).
Old 05-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfiusX View Post
I know this is a simple question, but how to a play a video? Whenever I press Enter or Play, iMovies locks up and I have to reboot. My setup:

SageTV Server on WHS 6.5.9 & HD200 (latest).
This sounds like a failed import. Enter/Info should go to the detailed screen. Play should play the video.

Did you reboot Sage Server after you copied all of the files over. If not you could get a failed import. Make sure you have all of the JARS...
Old 05-03-2009, 05:16 AM
Sage User

Wow! This looks great! Thanks for your efforts.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorwes View Post
Wow! This looks great! Thanks for your efforts.
Thank you for the feedback, I hope that you like it. Let me know if you see any issues.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Here is a quick update release version 1.2.1 of iMovies. (It is somewhat beta, but the feature can be turned off) It adds a new feature delayed load of the fanart background. This seems to helping the scroll speed tremendously. It is on by default with a delay of 250ms. So when scrolling it will wait 250ms after you stop scrolling before it loads the fanart background.

Attached is a link to the STVi import file. You need to replace the iMovies_1_2_0.xml file from the download link with the iMovies_1_2_1.xml file, and then follow the installation instructions.

If people seem happy with the update I will update the download link to version 1_2_1.

This is the new setting. The optimal delay will vary between sage systems.
Attached Images
File Type: png ImageLoadDelay.png (611.3 KB, 385 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip iMovies_1_2_1.zip (35.3 KB, 178 views)
Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Sage User

Quote:
This sounds like a failed import. Enter/Info should go to the detailed screen. Play should play the video.

Did you reboot Sage Server after you copied all of the files over. If not you could get a failed import. Make sure you have all of the JARS...
I redid everything and now it's working.

One small issue on the HD200: There seams to be a slight tearing of the animation with scrolling through using either Classic or Classic reflection layouts. When using the reflection, there is a slight corruption of the reflection during animation.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 AM
SageTVaholic

[QUOTE=jvl711;356618]Here is a quick update release version 1.2.1 of iMovies. (It is somewhat beta, but the feature can be turned off) It adds a new feature delayed load of the fanart background. This seems to helping the scroll speed tremendously. It is on by default with a delay of 250ms. So when scrolling it will wait 250ms after you stop scrolling before it loads the fanart background.

QUOTE]

Nice Idea and I am sure it does help.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorfiusX View Post
I redid everything and now it's working.

One small issue on the HD200: There seams to be a slight tearing of the animation with scrolling through using either Classic or Classic reflection layouts. When using the reflection, there is a slight corruption of the reflection during animation.
Yes, I see it. In this release I allowed the Items to go off the screen so that I can get certain items to fit on the screen better. The larger Cover in the center was an item that I moved down off the screen. Now the end of the reflection is off of the screen. This seems to be causing the built-in animation system some issue.

I do not think there is any code changes I can make for this issue, because it looks like it is in the Core of Sage. If you want you can customize the layout of the cover and move it up until it's y axis is = 1.0. That would fix the issue.

I will look to update that layout file for the next release to work around this issue.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:10 AM
Sage Fanatic

[QUOTE=PLUCKYHD;356740]
Quote:
Here is a quick update release version 1.2.1 of iMovies. (It is somewhat beta, but the feature can be turned off) It adds a new feature delayed load of the fanart background. This seems to helping the scroll speed tremendously. It is on by default with a delay of 250ms. So when scrolling it will wait 250ms after you stop scrolling before it loads the fanart background.

QUOTE]

Nice Idea and I am sure it does help.
Thanks PLUCKY... It seems to be night and day faster now. It move the image loading time till when the user is not scrolling. I still need to make some tweaks here and there, but it is 100% more usable.