SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Could you give me a little bit more information. What version of SageTV, SageMC and iMovies are you using. Do you have Jaminben's Movie Info Screen installed?

I have not seen this issue yet, so I am not sure what is going on.

Looking at the settings screen i get this info ---

Software Version: SageTV v6.5.9.204
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9
Phoenix.jar Version:1.36

and the imovies version is 1.2.0

I dont know what Jaminbens Movies info screen is could that be my problem?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Looking at the settings screen i get this info ---

Software Version: SageTV v6.5.9.204
SageMC STV Version: 6.3.9
Phoenix.jar Version:1.36

and the imovies version is 1.2.0

I dont know what Jaminbens Movies info screen is could that be my problem?

Thanks
Those all look like they should work together fine. I am still not sure what the issue may be. You can try to install AMIS (Advanced Movie Info Screen) to see if that fixes the issue.

If you hit the play button instead of the info or OK button does the video start to play?

Do you know how to turn on debuging? If you do the info from the debug log when it locks up may be helpful.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Sage User

I LOVE this addon.. AWSOME!!

But i have a request

I keep my anime in a seperate folder than my movies, i was wondering if it's possible to have two seperate instances of iMovies... i tried just adding a second iMovie screen, but the settings for the anime one and the movies one are the same.. i.e. if i go into anime and change the settings, when i go into movies later, the settings from anime are being used...

soooo... i guess my general question is as such: Is it possible to install the mod twice, or use it twice on two different menu's and have each menu save it's own setttings...

Example.......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Menu:
TV - default TV settings
Movies - iMovie -> settings saved for use with Movies only
Anime - iMovie -> settings saved for use with Anime only
Videos - - iMovie -> settings saved for use with this menu only
Music
Pictures
Play DVD
Menu
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This way, you can reuse the applicaiton in multiple menues, but keep the settings for each menu..
i.e. when in video's menu, i have it set to only show the videos inside "c:\videos\" import folder

When in movies menu, i have it set to only show the videos inside "c:\movies\" folder

and when in anime, i can set it to show only the videos in "c:\anime\" folder...

see what i'm getting at.. that way i can have several new menu's created by using just one stvi...

just a thought / suggestion / wish..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sage Expert

I too have multiple folders for my movies/videos. What I did was manually add a sub menu to the main menu, and then add multiple iMovie links to that sub menu with the path info for each folder directly to the menu.xml file.
Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz, 4 Gig DDR2-800, 8.5 TB storage, 8800GTS PCIe, Windows 7 32bit, Hauppauge HD-PVR, Hauppauge HVR-2250, HD-HomeRun, Fusion 5 USB Gold ATSC, SageTV v7.x, HD100, HD200, HD300, 60" Mitsubishi DLP
Old 08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Sage User

could you possibly tell me how to do that in a step by step fashion?

ok.. i added the menu and submenu items like this:
Code:
        <subMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" title="Anime">
            <menu title="Anime">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="Bleach">
                    <evalExpression> </evalExpression>
                </internalScreenMenuItem>
                <!--                                   -->
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="Naruto">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="07-Ghost">
            </menu>
        </subMenuItem>
but i can't figure out how to add the folder information...

Last edited by ArcAiN6; 08-14-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAiN6 View Post
could you possibly tell me how to do that in a step by step fashion?

ok.. i added the menu and submenu items like this:
Code:
        <subMenuItem icon="hover_my videos.png" title="Anime">
            <menu title="Anime">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="Bleach">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="Naruto">
                <internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="07-Ghost">
            </menu>
        </subMenuItem>
but i can't figure out how to add the folder information...
Sorry I did not see your post. I have been away on vacation. You just need to add a pointer to the folder in the <evalExpression> for the menu item.

<evalExpression>
AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder","E:\\Videos")
</evalExpression>

For more information look at the information in the downloads section. All of the dynamic menu properties are documented there with an example for each one.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Sage User

AHA!... thank you very much...

i see where my mistake was... had read that earlier, and mistook what you meant...

Code:
Filter to a specific folder – Must match the form that the folder was imported into Sage.
<evalExpression>
AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder","E:\\Videos")
</evalExpression>

where you say " Must match the form that the folder was imported into Sage."
i took that as the dir string should be the same as sage see's it, so i just copied from sageclient.properties the directory info there...

Code:
jvl/iMovies/SelectedFolder=D\:\\-\=[ Moobies ]\=-
see the extra \ there... between the D and the :... that's what was killing it for me... in sage properties, and sageclient.properties, it has that extra backslash... but in your post you didn't use it, i pulled it off what i had, and BAM... it works!!

AWSOME!!

thank you so much for pointing that out to me

(i should have noticed it... i do that alot with PHP too)
Old 08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
SageTVaholic

JVL,

I noticed you are including phoenix and gktools jar with your zip. That can really mess things up for people by overwriting newer versions with older. You might want to remove at least the phoenix jar.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
JVL,

I noticed you are including phoenix and gktools jar with your zip. That can really mess things up for people by overwriting newer versions with older. You might want to remove at least the phoenix jar.
Good call PLUCKY, When I first included phoenix there was not a lot of use of it. Now it is pretty widely spread.

Is phoenix included with SageMC now, or should I tell users to download phoenix separately?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvl711 View Post
Good call PLUCKY, When I first included phoenix there was not a lot of use of it. Now it is pretty widely spread.

Is phoenix included with SageMC now, or should I tell users to download phoenix separately?
Download seperately is what I do. I point them to the thread to get the latest BMT or phoenix
Old 10-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

WAF......very HIGH!!!!!

Been looking for a clean/simple screen layout alternatine to the standard SageMC "My Videos".....found it in iMovies. It works well on our MVP's and HD200.

We don't use fanart (sorry) we use DVDProfiler and IMDB for DVD covers as well as descriptions. We will shortly be archiving a number of our episodic DVD collection's to Sage which forced us to look for a "My Videos" alternative.

The criteria for an alternative is:
A) simple interface
B) the ability to click on a DVD cover and go to a different screen, which would contain all relative episodic DVD's and/or episodes.
c) the ability to show a DVD as "watched".

Should you decide to add items B&C to iMovies that would be terrific!!

If you've moved on good luck!!

In either case great stable plug-in.

Last edited by Folkboat; 10-16-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Original post needed clarification
Old 10-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Sage User

I like this video interface. It's very nice and clean. However I have multiple folders. It seems the plugin has only one screen; this is not very effective when you have folders containing dozens or hundreds of movies. lol. I see some people have found a dynamic menus/ multiple installations workaround. Will there ever be a more elegant solution?

PS: How difficult would it be to port this over to the default STV. I see Plucky's mod has been ported recently. Could iMovies be ported?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris123 View Post
I like this video interface. It's very nice and clean. However I have multiple folders. It seems the plugin has only one screen; this is not very effective when you have folders containing dozens or hundreds of movies. lol. I see some people have found a dynamic menus/ multiple installations workaround. Will there ever be a more elegant solution?

PS: How difficult would it be to port this over to the default STV. I see Plucky's mod has been ported recently. Could iMovies be ported?
Chris123,

I have been struggling with this since the plugin was released. My goal with the plugin was to remove the concept of folders. I just want the end user to filter out the movies (videos) they did not want to see in the list. I am trying to find a way to strike a compromise between folders, and my file system filter. Could you give me some explanations on how the file system filtering (press up arrow from the main screen and go to folder filter screen) does not work for you, and how I could possibly enhance the functionality to make it better.

I would like not to show folders in the list of movies, because I feel it would ruin the simplicity of the interface.

Thanks