SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Unless I'm missing something I don't think anything new needs to be developed.
Just use the SageTweet app, and then subscribe to that twitter feed with Growl.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

It is working fine for me using SageTweet/Twitter/Thunderbird/Growl but it would be nice to have native Growl support in Sage to cut out all the in between transactions and chances for error. You would also get desktop notifications and it works on Macs and PCs.

Just a thought.

Client 1: HD300; Panasonic TC-P65S64;
Client 2: HD300; Samsung 46" LCD;
Client 3: HD300; 60" LCD;
Old 08-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

I'm just prowling the forums and going around and saying THANKS to all the plugin/add-on developers. I love this stuff! So, THANK YOU!
Old 08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Sage User

First off, many thanks to Slugger for putting this together. A fantastic little add-on.

However, I am having one problem with it. I have my SageTV server configured to hibernate after 15 minutes of inactivity but with sagetweet running it never goes into hibernation. I have tested the server several times today with and without sagetweet installed and its consistantly showing the same behaviour.

Im wondering if anyone else has had trouble with sageTV sleeping/hibernating when using sagetweet? Just hoping theres a simple fix I can try (though Im not against getting my hands dirty with a bit of java coding, Im a coder by trade, to try and figure this out).
Old 08-06-2009, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Without investigating too much, my initial guess is that the plugin's constant polling of wiz.bin is making Sage reset the hibernation timer in Windows. To my knowledge, there's nothing in the plugin code itself that would reset the timer directly.

If you're familiar with Java then grab the code from Google Code and prove me wrong. If you do, please provide a patch and I'll be more than willing to apply it.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Just happened to come across this thread this morning:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43150

It's talking about Sage preventing Windows from going into standby. Not sure what version you're running, but might be worth a read. As I say, there's no code in SageTweet itself (that I'm aware of) that would prevent Windows from going into standby/hibernation.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Thanks Slugger, though having read the thread Im not sure its related. Im running 6.6.2 and had no Hibernating probs previously.

Had a quick look through the source code last night - my guess so far is that writing to the debug log file might be just enough activity to prevent the hibernation (I know...a long shot). Just downloaded Eclipse and will test the theory out after work this evening.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Sage User

I just installed the SageTweet app but I can't figure out how to find my Client ID's.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodfaza View Post
I just installed the SageTweet app but I can't figure out how to find my Client ID's.
If you have the web server installed then load the front page of that and it'll show you the client id that SageTweet is expecting. For extenders, it's the mac address of the extender, for clients it's the IP address (with a slash somewhere, sorry I don't have any clients, just extenders).
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 PM
Sage Icon

Okay, I have sagetweet half working. By half working I mean that it seems my SageTV "stuff" only tweets about half as much as everyone else, most notably I never see:
-Recording 'Some Show or Other' until SomeTime
-Currently watching 'This Other Show'

But I do see things like:
-Remote UI(s) connected [or disconnected]
-Finished recording 'Bones'

My set up:
SageTV v6.6 (running as a service) on Windows Vista, HD-PVR tuner/device, with webserver and sagetweet installed. I've had SageMC installed for awhile but uninstalled it yesterday; I haven't restarted the service since then thoug. I also watch both recorded and live TV from this same system and have a folder structure of 100+ video files added to the media center/library.

SageTV Client on Windows Vista (laptop).

I added the following clients to the sagetweet client config:
/192.168.1.10 (client)
/127.0.0.1 (server)
and in the sagetweet server config page, everything is enabled except tweets for recording conflicts

What have I missed?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:35 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you enable logging in Jetty? Are there any errors being reported? If you didn't then please enable logging and check for any exceptions being logged by SageTweet.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Did you enable logging in Jetty? Are there any errors being reported? If you didn't then please enable logging and check for any exceptions being logged by SageTweet.
It's not obvious from http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/JettyInstall how one enables logging; can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JettyStarter.properties (see comments in that file, uncomment debug line)
Old 08-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Sage Icon

So none of the log entries seem like error messages, all purely informational. I'd be happy to send you two specific bits, one from the local client and one from the remote SageTV client but I'm not sure if posting them here is best. What would you prefer?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Okay, I have sagetweet half working. By half working I mean that it seems my SageTV "stuff" only tweets about half as much as everyone else, most notably I never see:
-Recording 'Some Show or Other' until SomeTime
-Currently watching 'This Other Show'

But I do see things like:
-Remote UI(s) connected [or disconnected]
-Finished recording 'Bones'
After rereading the original problem report, we can make some conclusions here:

First, you either tweet "Recording 'some show' until some time" or you tweet "Finished recording 'Some Show'", it doesn't tweet both. The one you get is based on whether or not you tell it to tweet after recordings. So that's working as designed and there are no problems there. So all you're missing is the tweets of what clients are up to.

Quote:
SageTV Client on Windows Vista (laptop).

I added the following clients to the sagetweet client config:
/192.168.1.10 (client)
/127.0.0.1 (server)
and in the sagetweet server config page, everything is enabled except tweets for recording conflicts

What have I missed?
Ok, this is a problem because I think I mislead you a little as to what the plugin can do. I don't use clients (other than for dev/testing), I only use extenders. If you want clients to tweet then you must also install the plugin on the clients and then configure each one separately. The server (in service mode) can only tweet for media extenders. To tweet for your clients you will have to install the plugin in the SageClients.properties for both systems. If you do that then the client id is SAGE_LOCAL_UI (or something like that). If you upgrade to build 493 and visit (on your client installation of the plugin):

http://jetty_srv/sagetweet/ShowConnectedClients

then it will show you the exact string that is required for the client id. The plugin's inability to tweet for clients is a result of lack of functionality in the Sage API and there is nothing I can do. The server only knows that clients are connected, but does not know what they're doing (via the public Sage API), whereas the server does know what extenders are doing and so that's why I can tweet for media extenders from the server installation. I kind of forgot about this limitation when I explained how to tweet for clients before and since I don't use clients for viewing, I just kind of forgot about this. Hopefully that all makes sense?
Old 08-15-2009, 09:01 AM
Sage Icon

Ah, okay, thanks so much for the detailed post and follow up! I really appreciate it. I'm still getting the hang of SageTV and which parts do what, when, where, and why ;-)

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
To tweet for your clients you will have to install the plugin in the SageClients.properties for both systems.
Can you describe this part in more detail? I have found the SageClients.properties on my HTPC but I have no idea what it means to install the plugin in that file. Thanks again, and sorry for all the questions and confusion...
Old 08-15-2009, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Install Jetty on your clients (i.e. in SageClient.properties), then install SageTweet inside that new Jetty installation. Do it for both the local client on the server (127.0.0.1) and your remote client (192.x.x.x).
Old 08-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Install Jetty on your clients (i.e. in SageClient.properties), then install SageTweet inside that new Jetty installation. Do it for both the local client on the server (127.0.0.1) and your remote client (192.x.x.x).
Perhaps I'm too dense for this this morning ;-) First, SageClient.properties is a file, yes? How do I install Jetty in a file when the Jetty instructions say:

Quote:
Unzip the jettystarter_x_x.zip file into the SageTV installation directory (e.g. Program Files\SageTV\SageTV), so that (for example) the ZIP's /JARs/ directory is merged into SageTV's /JARs/ directory.
So on the local client then I'm thinking I just need to do this step:

Edit the SageClient.properties file and add
sagex.jetty.starter.Main to load_at_startup_runnable_classes

Okay fine. But now, I don't understand where the "new jetty installation" is...

At this point, I really need step by step instructions, something akin to http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugins/wiki/JettyInstall because as someone really new SageTV I don't understand how to follow the relatively abbreviated instructions above.

(Also, in poking around on my SageTV installed on my laptop/remote client, there aren't ANY applicable .properties files so I wouldn't even now how to complete the Jetty installation server there to have it startup).

Perhaps the way Jetty works isn't really compatible with non-extender "clients". Or more likely, I'm missing some key piece of information...

Thanks again for all your help!