SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Demand for Custom Picture Library and Music Library screens?

I have gotten a little chat on another forum about someone wanting me to import my new import Sage Movie Wall below

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40969

To pictures and Music. To be perfectly honest I never use music in sage but do use pictures allot. I have looked at them both and they look easy to modify (Easier then video library), but I don't want to waste time on a import that 5 people will make use off.

So that is my question is there a demand for the above mentioned import to come into picture library and/or music library. If you would like to see this please reply and for which view if there is enough demand I will start work on them as soon as SageMovieWall is released.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

I would use both. I currently use music more than photos, but an improved interface for both is something I've been wanting for a long time.

By the way, if we haven't said this before its good to have as part of the SageTV community - I'm excited to see the movie wall import!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage Aficionado

I agree, I would use both. I use music more then photos, but I'd still use both for sure.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:22 AM
SageTVaholic

After going through that entire other thread, I'm coming back here to respond. I would love to see this for music, but I'm not so sure about photos. I think the primary driver for this is fanart. With family photos, there really isn't any fanart. What are you going to do, put the same image as the background? Seems a little silly. IMHO, I think the folder layout works just fine for pictures. You have thumbnails, you have folders, you have titles. If someone can explain some "awesome" feature that would really add functionality or usability to the pictures screen, I'd be willing to listen, though.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Sage Icon

Count me in as a user for both...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Sage Fanatic

I would definately use both.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
After going through that entire other thread, I'm coming back here to respond. I would love to see this for music, but I'm not so sure about photos. I think the primary driver for this is fanart. With family photos, there really isn't any fanart. What are you going to do, put the same image as the background? Seems a little silly. IMHO, I think the folder layout works just fine for pictures. You have thumbnails, you have folders, you have titles. If someone can explain some "awesome" feature that would really add functionality or usability to the pictures screen, I'd be willing to listen, though.
For me the drive there is just a cleaner screen. Get rid of the ugly hideous blue folder behing the pictures is my start. Coming from Vista Media center the defaul screen just doesn't cut it for me but might for others. By getting rid of the menu's on the side and creating a "wall" effect I get more on my screen to see an no clutter. (again no ugly blue folder) When you have a wife that has over 10gb of pictures like mine it helps

:
Old 04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
By getting rid of the menu's on the side and creating a "wall" effect I get more on my screen to see an no clutter. (again no ugly blue folder) When you have a wife that has over 10gb of pictures like mine it helps :
Now, that I can relate to. The menus on the side are big and pretty much useless. I really don't mind the blue folders, but I understand where you're coming from.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

I use Music quite a lot (or at least my wife does), so any improvements there would be welcome. We also use photos, but mostly for the screensaver.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Sage Icon

Both here too!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi,

I would use both, mainly music though. Anything you can do to make that better would be a plus as it looks really dated when compared to AMIS etc.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

I would really like to see this for music. The picture library would be nice, but I tend to just use it as random screensaver fodder more than a serious photo album.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 04-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

I would love to have this for Music. I haven't imported Pictures into Sage yet, so I'm not familiar with the default SageMC interface for Pictures. But I imagine I would use this for pictures if available. So for me...

Music - Definitely!
Pictures - Probably
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Okay I think the demand is definately there.

I will make this my plan to start this as soon as a good stable version of Sage Movie Wall is done. (which isn't far )

Will keep you guys updated with pics just like on the movie wall but for most part will be trying to mimic it as much as possible.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:27 PM
Sage Fanatic

So following up with our conversation in the Movie Wall thread, I have a few suggestions/requests/questions.

1.) Will the wall view be sortabable, ie by album, artist, genre or year?
2.) Will you be able to omit, "The", "A", "." from the beginning of file names?

#2 is the worst thing about the music library. Sage is the only program I can think of that does not omit these fields. For example, "The Clash". This should be sorted under "C" but sage puts it under "T" because of "The".

All other programs I have used, winamp, itunes, mediamonkey, etc. omit these.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
So following up with our conversation in the Movie Wall thread, I have a few suggestions/requests/questions.

1.) Will the wall view be sortabable, ie by album, artist, genre or year?
2.) Will you be able to omit, "The", "A", "." from the beginning of file names?

#2 is the worst thing about the music library. Sage is the only program I can think of that does not omit these fields. For example, "The Clash". This should be sorted under "C" but sage puts it under "T" because of "The".

All other programs I have used, winamp, itunes, mediamonkey, etc. omit these.
1. Yes just like the current interface
2. This is new to me but notice this in videos as well totally insane I will have to look into this.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
1. Yes just like the current interface
2. This is new to me but notice this in videos as well totally insane I will have to look into this.
Awesome.

#2 you can get around in videos by using different a different "display name" from the actual file name and it works pretty well.

For Example: The Matrix.

The actual folder and filename for me is "//movies/Matrix/videos.ts". The "dispaly name" is "The Matrix". So in movies under "M", I see "The Matrix".

To my knowledge, there is not a way to do this for the music library.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Sage User

I would also use both but music more than Photos
Doug
Old 04-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Both.
1 HDHomeRun
4TB Storage, GB Network
2 MVPs, 1 HD100 & 1 HD300
Old 04-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Sage User

Put me down for both. The movie wall is looking good!