SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hey Plucky - don't know if you have closed your requirements for a Music "wall", but I thought I would throw one more on the pile. In a nutshell, it would be great if you could make it also be a "controller" for an outside player (or at least hooks to allow others to extend so). I'm thinking specifically about the Squeezebox, but I know there are other players that have two way interfaces for outside controllers.

I'm not sure how many others would use this the same as me. Right now I have 6 zones running with Squeezebox Remote (SBR). When I get people over for a party, I swap my main TV over to the PC and have a custom web screen showing for Now Playing (some art, trivia, song metadata, .etc). I have two Duet controllers that I hand out to some of the guests. The others get the local network address they can use with their iPhone, web enabled cells, or other devices to add tracks to the party list.

I usually have MusicIP start a list to get things rolling and then let people browse through what is available and add tracks. I keep an "override" access that let's me trim the playlist, bump something to the top or switch over to a network service like Pandora.

In this scenario, the Sage PC (or even extender) is NOT used to play the music (all kinds of sync challenges - could be solved, but non-trivial). There is a two way connection that allows you to see what's playing and provide basic control of an outside player.

Thanks for taking this in to consideration.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 09-13-2009, 12:23 AM
SageTVaholic

I still am waiting on my music wall you promised. Keep it coming...Please
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I still am waiting on my music wall you promised. Keep it coming...Please
To update everyone I haven't forgotten about this I promise and I actually have a good part of it done. My delima is three fold.

1. I am currently involved in another project that I feel my time is better spent on. ( I think you will too but I will leave it to others if they want to share what I am involved in)

2. I am currently moving houses so interent access is limited (will be none for a week or so except at work)

3. I hate to sink a huge amount of time in this thing with Ortus, Sage 7 and Phoenix coming down the line which may offer the same/better features than this would. In other words SageMC is on it's last round and I hate to spend time to continue developing for it when I would just have to spend more time reporting after release. (and not really sure that the others won't offer the same value)

I hope you guys understand my position. SageMovieWall is at a stopping point as well other than fixes/bugs until the new stv's are out. I still have a couple of small apps that will probably make SageMC (WAFTV and such) but those don't take the time that music does it is a complete re-write and encompass's allot (playlist,now playing, build playlist, etc etc)

cheers

pluckyhd