SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Sage User

Possible to Batch Import SageXmlInfo

Is it possible to batch import the xml files that are generated by sageXMLGenerator (http://tools.assembla.com/sageplugin...XmlGenerator)? This would hopefully solve 2 problems for me:

1. Have a metadata backup of all my mpg that's more portable (in case my wiz.bin goes bad for whatever reason). Being able to batch import would make recovery much less painful.

2. Possibly solve a very annoying issue with SaveTV not recognizing some of my recent recordings when I move to another location. The recording is coming from a SageTVEncoder that also provides a way of updating the EPG. If I move the recordings back to it's original recording (I only have 1 recording folder and 1 for archive on a separate drive), the recording gets detected fine.

If anyone else has an alternative solution to this, your advice would be appreciated. I already scoured the forums and couldn't find any tool that fit the bill. The closest I found was the metadata reader/writer, but I didn't know if it supported SageXmlInfo.

Thanks all!

Tags
batch import sagexmlinfo