SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:17 AM
SageTVaholic

When changing row/table properties focus

Got a interesting one

When I am changing the row properties from set amount to one from another

example

changing with a info listener

example

is doesn't keep the current focus item if it is not in the first row. If I am in the second or third row and hit info it changes the focused item to whatever is in the first row on the same column

anyone?
Old 04-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Are your animations occurring, or do you notice that things don't animate when you expect? The animations aren't going to occur until a refresh -- I see animation calls w/o any refresh afterwards and refresh calls before your animation calls.

I would try cleaning up the animations & see if the focus issue goes away, though focus may be getting affected by things I don't see in your code.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
Are your animations occurring, or do you notice that things don't animate when you expect? The animations aren't going to occur until a refresh -- I see animation calls w/o any refresh afterwards and refresh calls before your animation calls.

I would try cleaning up the animations & see if the focus issue goes away, though focus may be getting affected by things I don't see in your code.

- Andy
There are refreshs my mistake by not having them expanded.

The animations are occuring spot on it just doesn't keep focus if I am not on the top row when I shrink to 1 row. I am thinking it has something to do with it just going to the top row when I shrink.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

- Andy
I see what you are saying now but those top animations don't need a refresh as they are in the focus gained/lost so that is an auto refresh of that area above that called.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Figured this one out just needed my achilieas heel a ensurefocusforvariable

I finally got this to work once

Much better
Old 04-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator

I'm not sure what to say about the focus issue -- I change the table size & refresh w/o any subsequent calls setting focus in the default STV. Maybe there is something going on regarding the way the table is getting refreshed.

But, returning to your animation calls, take a look at the ones in the Info listener, for example. You have a Refresh() call which refreshes the entire screen, followed immediately by a RefreshArea() call to refresh just a portion of the screen (should not be needed here after the full refresh), followed by the animation calls w/o any further refresh to fire the animations, unless that is happening somewhere else that I don't see.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'm not sure what to say about the focus issue -- I change the table size & refresh w/o any subsequent calls setting focus in the default STV. Maybe there is something going on regarding the way the table is getting refreshed.

But, returning to your animation calls, take a look at the ones in the Info listener, for example. You have a Refresh() call which refreshes the entire screen, followed immediately by a RefreshArea() call to refresh just a portion of the screen (should not be needed here after the full refresh), followed by the animation calls w/o any further refresh to fire the animations, unless that is happening somewhere else that I don't see.

- Andy
I don't know it is just a standard table but if I was not on the first row when listener activates the change to 1 row it would not stay on the current item

I wasn't aware I needed a refresh after firing animations they animate perfectly fine what is the purpose/need of the refresh?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I don't know it is just a standard table but if I was not on the first row when listener activates the change to 1 row it would not stay on the current item
Oh -- it wasn't clear to me that the previously focused item was no longer visible in the new table grid size. In that case, it could very well lose focus.

Quote:
I wasn't aware I needed a refresh after firing animations they animate perfectly fine what is the purpose/need of the refresh?
Animation calls on their own do nothing; they just set up an animation to occur during the next refresh of particular area(s).

You may be OK w/o the refresh call in the focus gained hooks because if the animation is only affecting the focused item, the refresh of that item could cover it.

But, in other areas, if you set up an animation & then do no refresh, the animation you set up may just sit there waiting for its turn. You previously started another topic about things being left on the screen when you go to another menu... and I mentioned problem animations as one thing to check. Well, this is one of those "problem animations" that might be the cause.

So, refresh after the animation calls and check for redundant refreshes, like the ones I mentioned in my last post.

- Andy
Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Oh -- it wasn't clear to me that the previously focused item was no longer visible in the new table grid size. In that case, it could very well lose focus.

Animation calls on their own do nothing; they just set up an animation to occur during the next refresh of particular area(s).

You may be OK w/o the refresh call in the focus gained hooks because if the animation is only affecting the focused item, the refresh of that item could cover it.

But, in other areas, if you set up an animation & then do no refresh, the animation you set up may just sit there waiting for its turn. You previously started another topic about things being left on the screen when you go to another menu... and I mentioned problem animations as one thing to check. Well, this is one of those "problem animations" that might be the cause.

So, refresh after the animation calls and check for redundant refreshes, like the ones I mentioned in my last post.

- Andy
Okay so I doing it right by ensuring focus and setting it to row 0?

Yeah I have a refresh on other animations but didn't then I needed them in focus gained and lost hooks as this things are refresh in the focus gain but will add to be safe

Thanks for the tip will check my other animations

Andy if I haven't personally thanked you thanks allot for helping me and putting up with me
Old 04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Okay so I doing it right by ensuring focus and setting it to row 0?
Well, if you want a particular item in focus, then, yes, you'll want to use SetFocusForVariable(), and EnsureVisibilityForVariable() if you want it to be in a certain place in the table.

Quote:
Yeah I have a refresh on other animations but didn't then I needed them in focus gained and lost hooks as this things are refresh in the focus gain but will add to be safe
Um... if that was a question, could you reword it?

- Andy