SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Missing channels Dish Network

Dishnetwork recently added some new HD channels. Spike TV channel 168 also TBS in HD. When i go into setup and then setup for capture cards and then choose the capture card i use for dishnetwork which is a hauppauge PVR 150 I dont see the new channels to add them so they show in the guide.
Is this just a matter of time before the EPG that Sage TV uses gets the new channels added??? I use the EPG that comes with Sage tv. Not even sure were Sage TV gets the guide from?
Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok i just checked Zap2It and it doesnt show the new HD channels Dishnetwork added. Is this were Sage TV gets its EPG data from. If so i would guess thats why i have the new HD channels not showing up yet.

So does Sage get its EPG data from Zap2It ??
Old 05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Yes:
My Program Guide is listing incorrect info for some channels and/or shows. I am using the built-in data which comes from Zap2It. Is there some way to see about getting this fixed?

How recently were the channels added? If they are new channels, it may take several days for Zap2it to gets its listings updated. It may depend on the provider, though, since my Cablevision listings seem to get updated before the new channels are actually available.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

I kind of wonder if they're even meaning to list them separately. AFAIK all the new channels are HD simulcasts of the SD ones and are on the same channel number in the Dish guide/STB.

Sage should just "transparently" tune the HD channels now when it tries to tune the SD one.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc9mm View Post
Ok i just checked Zap2It and it doesnt show the new HD channels Dishnetwork added. Is this were Sage TV gets its EPG data from. If so i would guess thats why i have the new HD channels not showing up yet.

So does Sage get its EPG data from Zap2It ??
feedback@zap2it.com

Let them know what channels are missing. They usually add the missing channels really fast once notified.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffdaddy View Post
feedback@zap2it.com

Let them know what channels are missing. They usually add the missing channels really fast once notified.
I didnt realize there was a feed back. I will let them know right now. Iam still not clear though were SageTV gets its EPG?, is it from zapit?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Iam still not clear though were SageTV gets its EPG?, is it from zapit?
Does that mean you didn't read my previous reply nor the FAQ link I posted?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
is it from zapit?
Yes