SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Sage User

Arrow STV Import: Today

This STVi adds a new screen to SageMC, titled Today, that provide a convenient glimpse at weather conditions while providing easy access to your favorite morning news stations.

First, a huge (and continuing) Thanks! to the SageMC team for the incredible work. And it should be noted that most of the weather code contained in this STVi is pilfered directly from SageMC, so once again, Thanks!

Download from here.

Features:
- Quick access to 5 channels, user configurable
- Current weather overview
- 3 weather buttons allow quick access to various forecasts
- Weather maps automatically cycle through existing SageMC maps
- Weather map name button allows manual cycling of weather maps
- Obeys SageMC "Left as Back" setting from leftmost channel button

Installation:
- Download and extract to your SageTV/SageTV directory, preserving paths
- Import STVi, select "Today v1.0.xml"
- Restart SageTV (and the SageTV service, if applicable)
- Select Main Menu options, then add a new internal screen, then select "Today" from the list provided
- Name your new menu option and provide an icon, if desired

Notes/Issues:
- Designed for 16x9 displays
- Stop button is disabled while on Today screen
- Runs well on Sage Client, and I expect on Sage Media Center
- Runs on HD100 Extender, with some minor issues (animation isn't completely smooth, cursor movement often causes video window to quickly resize itself). In general, the HD100 seems a little underpowered with this much on screen.
- Am told screen runs well on HD200 (thanks gplasky)
- Tested on SageMC 6.3.7a through 6.3.9 on SageTV 6.5.9

Opportunities for Improvement:
- Maps could be cached for slightly improved performance
- Current weather data could be refreshed periodically
- If anyone would like to have a stab at this, have at it...

Hope someone finds this useful. Enjoy.

Wes Simmons

Last edited by gatorwes; 05-22-2009 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Reduced image size.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

this actually looks interesting I will give it a go

Thanks and goodjob
Old 05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Looks cool. Nice and handy data in one place. Good job.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Sage Aficionado

Very Nice! I'm using it on the HD200 and it is very slow to load, any way I can speed it up?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 AM
Sage User

Can you define "very slow"? How long does your extender take from when you select the Today screen until something is displayed (even if the video is not yet fully loaded)?
Old 05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Great idea for a plugin. Just installed it and love it. Reminds me a little of the DirecTV function where you can view several screens of video at once.

Another use of this type of plugin might be a sports plugin. An array of sports channels and instead of showing the weather on the side, show sports scores - configurable to your teams, sports etc.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Sage Expert

Can someone help a dummy at this?

I can't this to work - all I get is a black 16x9 screen on my Sage Client. I've never done this before.

May I please request very specific directions on how to do all of this, soup to nuts, so to speak?

This looks so awesome. Thanks.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
Sage User

This STVi does not seem to be working with the combo of SageMC 6.3.9.a and SageTV 6.6.2. I cannot get the STVi to import (spinning wheel, then the extender or placeshifter eventually hangs). If anyone can verify that it does or doesn't work it would be appreciated. If it does not, I will try to find some time to look into it further.

Savage1701, what version of SageMC and SageTV are you running?
Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Sage User

On a clean install of SageClient 6.2.2 w/ SageMC 6.3.9a, all is well. No idea what's happening with my server/extenders - probably overdue for a clean install there...
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Sage User

Will import but not run

I have tried to use your import but I don't seem to have any luck. It will import the Today XML but I have no choice on the "main menu options" to "add a new internal screen, then select "Today" from the list provided". I right click on the main menu and select "Main Menu Options" but the option to add internal screen is not there. I am using SageTV V6.6.1.217 and SageMC_6.3.9a.
Really great looking interface, hope you can tell me how to get it working

Thanks
HDHR, Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1800
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive

Last edited by Hornet; 09-11-2009 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Sage User

Dynamic Menus needs to be enabled. It is enabled by default, but please ensure you have not disabled this feature in the SageMC setup menus. Otherwise, see the attached. Maybe you are simply overlooking this option?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (34.2 KB, 489 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (40.9 KB, 461 views)
Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Sage User

Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the time but I have been out of the states for a while.
You were absolutely right about the Dynamic Menu option. Once I enabled that, it works great.
I do have one question however. When using the Today page on my STP-HD200 media extender, I keyed the wrong channel for position one, and I can't delete the numbers. I can backspace to the first number, but no key on my remote control will delete the numbers. Is there some way to do this?
Thanks again for your work, you have a real gift for this.

Gunny
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 09-17-2009, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey115@gmail View Post
Thanks for your reply. Sorry about the time but I have been out of the states for a while.
You were absolutely right about the Dynamic Menu option. Once I enabled that, it works great.
I do have one question however. When using the Today page on my STP-HD200 media extender, I keyed the wrong channel for position one, and I can't delete the numbers. I can backspace to the first number, but no key on my remote control will delete the numbers. Is there some way to do this?
Thanks again for your work, you have a real gift for this.

Gunny
Can;t speak for this app but if it follows the default stop deletes so I am would try stop.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Also, the properties for it are more than likely saved in the properties file. (properties files for the extenders are in the 'Clients' folder under your SageTV folder, named <MAC ADDRESS>.properties. They might be able to be changed there.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Sage User

Thanks PluckyHD
The End button is the one to delete the numbers from the remote. I would never figured it out. Btw, your Movie Wall is great work.
1.5 TB USB SATA Drive
Old 01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

other map?

Love this Today import. Is there an easy way to change the weather maps. I'd prefer to have some Pacific info as I don't need Atlantic surface stuff, rather see the Baja surf map.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

This looks like something that will increase the WAF for sure! This is exactly what she would have on the TV in the morning. Hopefully I can link up some Canadian maps. Thanks for this. Will try install tonight!

Grant
Old 01-09-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by markds View Post
Love this Today import. Is there an easy way to change the weather maps. I'd prefer to have some Pacific info as I don't need Atlantic surface stuff, rather see the Baja surf map.
Today uses the maps currently configured in SageMC. So to edit, go to Weather, View Maps, then press your Options key/button (default key is Esc), then select a map to edit. Name and image URL are available here. If you are trying to do this via remote control sans keyboard, be prepared for a tedious exercise. In this case you may want to edit sage properties file directly (disclaimer: be careful as you may mess up your Sage install, etc.).
Old 01-20-2010, 08:59 AM

video switching

Nice addition to the UI, has anyone ran into this?

When viewing the full screen menu with the weather display, the video is constantly switching between thumbnail and full size (standard window mode). This is a constant flicker every couple of seconds.

As well, I am using OTA signal, is there a way to populate the station graphics at the top of the page?

Sys details -
Dual Core 2.6
3 gig ram
ATI HD2400
Sage V 6.6.2.218
Java 1.6.0_10
sagemc.jar ver: 6.3.8
sageutils 2.2
phoenix.jar 1.36
STV file sagemc_169-1.xml
Old 01-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage User

I did not experience the video resize issue on Sage Client, but do on my HD100s but only when navigating around the screen (see Notes/Issues in post #1). If you are seeing it more frequently, I'm not sure what to suggest as your PC is certainly up to the task. What video renderer are you using? If overlay, maybe switch to VMR9 or EVR?

The station graphics populate the same way they populate in the guide. Basically you need to create a ChannelLogos folder in your SageTV directory and drop the logos in there, naming each file by the station ID. Look around but here's a start: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...gos#post263217.