SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

"There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback."

Hi, I'm getting this exception sometimes when tuning live TV:

Quote:
There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback.
I have a standalone PC running Sage, and this weekend I replaced two HVR-1800s with two HVR-2250s.

I set up 4 digital tuners, mapped the clear QAM channels, etc., and also set-up the S-Video sources of each card. I skipped setting up the analog TV tuners.

So far, every show I've had set to record in these new tuners has recorded perfectly. However, I wanted to flip through the channels and verify that I was getting the right signal on each of them.

The first time I tried, I started at channel 1 (one of the S-video sources), and I got the spinning icon for a while and then the error box: "There was a problem accessing the filesystem for playback."

I tried several other channels and got the same error on each of them.

I rebooted. It appeared to have fixed the problem, as I flipped up through channel 36, but on channel 37 I got the spinning icon again, followed by the same error message. I immediately went back to some of the channels I had just flipped through and they all spun for a few seconds and then gave me the error.

So, it doesn't appear to be a problem with the recording drive not being found, as it worked and then it stopped, ebooted, worked and then it stopped.

I tried adding a second recording folder on a different drive, and I get the same error.

Any ideas? Thx. (Sage v.6.5.9.204, MC v6.3.8a, XP home)

Last edited by wirecreative; 05-25-2009 at 12:00 AM.