SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Arrow STV Import: Unified Artist List

This STVi changes the behavior of how the default STV handles music Artists. Normally, the default STV treats artists as "different" based on leading "The"s, or "A"s and capitalization. So in the default STV all of the following are considered different music artists:

The Beatles
Beatles
beatles

This STV will make Sage treat artists as "the same" regardless of capitalization or leading "The"s and "A"s.

Many thanks to razrsharp, PLUCKYHD, Opus and others who helped me in understanding Studio and Java.

To install:
- Download from the "Downloads" section. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=328
- Shutdown Sage (including the service)
- UnZip.
- Put the .stvi in the ..\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageSTV3 folder
- Put the .jar in the ..\SageTV\SageTV\JARs folder
- Import the STVi.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.

Last edited by tmiranda; 07-30-2009 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Add download link.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Sage Icon

Brilliant idea. Thanks so much. Can't wait to try it out!

Any know conflicts with other plug-ins? Any issues with the new release version of Sage (6.6)?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:58 PM
Sage Icon

I haven't tried this import but it seems like these features should be added to the default STV.. Nice work!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxMox View Post
I haven't tried this import but it seems like these features should be added to the default STV.. Nice work!
Yeah I am absolutely amazed that the default does not do this it is...
Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks.

It was developed on 6.6.2 and there are no known conflicts with other STVi's, but it is my fist STVi so you never know

I'm thinking about extending it so that "one song albums" are also filtered out. XBMC has that option and I really like it.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.