SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:39 PM
Sage User

Cool ExeTuner / ExeMultiTuner not working

[Please move this back to the "SageTV Software" forum, this has nothing to do with Hardware.]

Does SageTV still support the plugins ExeTuner and ExeMultiTuner?

I used the plugins many years ago with ver4 and ver5 but it does not seem to work with version 6.6.2. I have read all the old posts on this forum but they do not answer this question.

SageTv is setup as a Service, that is "allowed to interact with desktop". But no matter what I try it will not send the channel number. For example I have changed the Registry setting to launch "notepad.exe" instead of "event.exe" but the registry setting is never activated by the Plugin.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Last edited by TheSuper; 09-03-2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Sage User

This is a Software question not a Hardware issue.

Please move this back to the "SageTV Software" forum.

My question has nothing to do with Hardware, but it has everything to do with the SageTV software and the plugins that it supports.

Narflex is probably the most knowledgeable about the ExeTuner and ExeMultiTuner plugins for SageTV. As I understand it Narflex actually wrote the plugins for the SageTv Software.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Administrator

I use the EXEMultiTunerPlugin for firewire channel changing w/o any problems, so I'm guessing you may not have it configured properly. Double check the registry and/or file paths you are using.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had a terrible time trying exemultituner as well on version 6.6.1, but mine was somehow related to the directv.exe application as sage would engage the plugin correctly and the script would run but directv.exe would only send 1 command successfully accross my serial to usb adapters once before locking up the port, a reboot would get me one more command, etc.

I hope to try again on win7, for your setup though, make sure you're running things as the 'true' admin account if your on vista/7.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Sage User

I finally got both ExeTuner and ExeMultiTuner working.

My registery entries were correct as follows. I used "notepad.exe" instead of "event.exe" to make sure Sage was senting the channel change to Windows and launching the Registry command.
** ExeTunerPlugin **
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sage\EXETunerPlugin]
"command"="notepad.exe %CHANNEL%"

** ExeMultiTunerPlugin **
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Frey Technologies\Common\EXEMultiTunerPlugin]
"command"="notepad.exe %CHANNEL% %DEVICE%"

It appears it was a problem with one of the following:
** "Allow service to interact with desktop" was not properly enabled.
** The channels contained letters/symbols and not just numbers. It appears that channels like 2-1 and 13-1 cause the Plugin to stop working because of the dash. If the channels are "physically" remaped to be 0201 and 1301 then the plugin keeps working and does not lockup because of the dash symbol. If a letter like "c" or "g" is present it seems to work but it removes the letter and just sends the numbers.
** Must use the "remove source" in Sage to delete the Source setup.

How I fixed the problem.
I'm not sure which of these steps fixed the problem but it made sure that everything was configured properly and enabled properly.
1. Edited Service properties for "SageTv".
_a. Disabled "allow service to interact with desktop".
_b. Clicked on Apply.
_c. Enabled "allow service to interact with desktop".
_d. Click on Apply and OK.
2. Restarted the SageTV Service.
3. Deleted the Source Setup in SageTv.
_a. Go to "Setup", then "Setup Video Sources", then select your video source.
_b. Select "Remove Source" and Yes.
4. Add New Source and follow the menu to add ExeTuner or ExeMultiTuner.
5. Remapped channels to Physical numbers to remove any letters or symbols.

Now when I change the channel in SageTV the desktop loads NotePad.exe and tries to open up a file with the channel that matches that was selected.

Last edited by TheSuper; 09-03-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

TheSuper,

I am trying to configure EXETuner and EXEMultiTuner as they look like a great solution for my current problem with my STB but I am having no luck so far, it's probably my fault no doubt I am missing something in the setup process.

Could you confirm that you managed to get these plugins working with Windows 7 and in particular if you used the 64 bit versions?

Many thanks,

David
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 PM
Sage User

David

I did get ExeTuner and ExeMultiTuner to work in WinXP only, but I am currently not using it with my over the air Analog-to-Digital STB since I now have Dish Network. I found that SageTV was already designed to change channels on my Dish Network 311 receiver.

I have avoided Vista and Win7 on my dedicated SageTV machine and only run WinXP. I'm not sure how the Plug-ins work on different Operation Systems.

Good Luck
Old 03-30-2010, 06:48 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
Could you confirm that you managed to get these plugins working with Windows 7 and in particular if you used the 64 bit versions?
Although not directed at myself, I can confirm that they work. I do, however, do the following:

1. Place the main Sage directory at root. "C:\SageTV"
2. Turn off UAC... (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...windows-vista/)

-Jason