SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Should everything work out there will be some drawbacks (tuner lag is probably the biggest).
Will the tuner lag be any worse than with an HD-PVR where it takes about 5 seconds to change a channel?

If this works as well as it looks it does I just wish Canadian cable companies would be willing to provide their customers with CableCards.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Will the tuner lag be any worse than with an HD-PVR where it takes about 5 seconds to change a channel?

If this works as well as it looks it does I just wish Canadian cable companies would be willing to provide their customers with CableCards.
The current implementation uses a configurable "handicap" value to wait for data to start writing to the WTV before starting the container swap. On the test system this value is 5 seconds.

I haven't messed with trying to minimize the value so I have no idea how low it can go; I just picked a number
Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
The testing Mike and I have done has produced some very promising results, but there is still more work to do to ensure an acceptable level of stability and a lot more testing.

Should everything work out there will be some drawbacks (tuner lag is probably the biggest). And it will be somewhat complex to install because (at least in the current implementation) the application has a dependency on a free 3rd party filter that I can't legally include in the install.

All that said, it was great seeing it work
Amazing stuff. Can't wait for those new Ceton tuners to come out next year!
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)
Old 11-15-2009, 10:26 PM
Sage Fanatic

Now that I have my WHS install reasonably stable, is there any hope that this will ever work thru WHS?
Old 11-15-2009, 10:54 PM
Sage Expert

I don't see microsoft making WMC for WHS any time soon. Don't hold your breathe.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrcp2000 View Post
Now that I have my WHS install reasonably stable, is there any hope that this will ever work thru WHS?
ati dcts expose themselves as a usb nic so it might be possible to virtualize an instance on windows 7
Old 12-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Sage User

Will this work for any tuner. It would be nice to use this for networked tuners?
Old 12-11-2009, 09:27 PM
Sage Icon

It should work with any tuner that MC supports since it's really just brokering the tuning request to MC and letting it handle everything else.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage User

I sure am glad to see you here. Is there any way you could give me a little more detailed instructions on the setup, I've got SageMCTuner installed as a service on my Win7 computer and Sage for WHS on a mini-ITX computer and sage client on another mini-ITX unit. Is this possiable or am I streching it?
Old 12-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Sage Icon

I need to update the bits on my site. Made a lot of changes when Mike and I were working on it but forgot to package it up afterwards.

As long as you have the network bandwidth to spare, I don't thing your arch is an issue.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Sage Icon

Updated the bits. AVIVO is now a required component.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Ok before I embark on this:
1) I don't use cable cards (no cable) and want to use my Win7 computer with the tuners installed (one Avermedia dual digital tuner card and 2 analog cards) in it as basicly a networked tuner box.
2) I have a gigabit router so I should have enough bandwith?
3) no ATI stuff only nVidia. Will this change the requirements for AVIVO?
4) Tried with previous files and setup, was able to get Sage to show signal strenth of 100% on tuner but could not preview chanel.
5) If we can get this working I would be willing to write up the setup instructions.
(I live in Alaska and still need analog)
Old 12-12-2009, 01:06 PM
SageTVaholic

I think you're better off just installing Sage on that machine and running the tuners directly.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Just trying to find a way to have both Sage and MC with the tools at my disposal.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:32 PM
SageTVaholic

What are you trying to accomplish by that?
Old 12-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
What are you trying to accomplish by that?
Please read previous post.

1) I don't use cable cards (no cable) and want to use my Win7 computer with the tuners installed (one Avermedia dual digital tuner card and 2 analog cards) in it as basicly a networked tuner box.

Unless you would like to buy me a dual tuner HDHR. LOL
Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lahr View Post
Ok before I embark on this:
2) I have a gigabit router so I should have enough bandwith?
yep

Quote:
3) no ATI stuff only nVidia. Will this change the requirements for AVIVO?
AVIVO is a requirement. Download and install the package. If it fails go to C:\ATI\Support\9-11_vista_win7_32-64_xcode\Packages\Apps\AVIVO and run AVIVO.msi.

If you see a registration error during the install, open an elevated cmd prompt and run
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\atimpenc.dll"
Quote:

4) Tried with previous files and setup, was able to get Sage to show signal strenth of 100% on tuner but could not preview chanel.
Preview and channel scanning don't work properly. I didn't see the point to implementing the feature because you will do all of the EPG setup in MC. Sage's EPG should map 1-1 with the MC EPG, if there are differences put them in the xml file used for that purpose.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Please read previous post.

Unless you would like to buy me a dual tuner HDHR. LOL
I think his question was more along the lines of why keep sage AND MC at the same time. Just move everything over to Sage and you will ahve a much simpler setup.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

This looks really promising

http://www.cetoncorp.com/ProductsWMC.php

Record 6 simultaneous HD shows at one time!

I'm an IT consultant and a friend of mine has a Home Theater company. He's been wanting me to help him out with HTPC's - but firewire hasn't been a cakewalk (as a matter of fact, a series of power outages last night has left my system running on one less DCT-6200 for some reason).

These are expected to release Q1 2010 - I sure hope they're relatively inexpensive and readily available.

I'd love to have a Sage Server with one cable connection coming in and 0 STB's!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Wow! Hope that isnt vaporware. That would make my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
http://www.cetoncorp.com/ProductsWMC.php

Record 6 simultaneous HD shows at one time!

I'm an IT consultant and a friend of mine has a Home Theater company. He's been wanting me to help him out with HTPC's - but firewire hasn't been a cakewalk (as a matter of fact, a series of power outages last night has left my system running on one less DCT-6200 for some reason).

These are expected to release Q1 2010 - I sure hope they're relatively inexpensive and readily available.

I'd love to have a Sage Server with one cable connection coming in and 0 STB's!