SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Table is missing one element?

I have a list that it created using DataUnion(). When I display this list using the table and table component widgets it displays one less element then is in the list. So if Size(List) == 4, I only see 3 items displayed.

What am I doing wrong?

My code looks like this:

Code:
<Action Widget> ListofPodcasts
   <Table Widget> PodcastTable
      <Table Component Widget> Podcast
         <Panel Widget> display the Podcast
For the Table Widget NumRows is big enough (i.e. bigger than Size(ListofPodcasts)) and NumCols is 1.

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:22 PM
SageTVaholic

You're aware that DataUnion removes duplicates? So if you pass in four items, and two of them happen to be the same, you'll end up with a list of size 3. I don't know if that's what's causing your problem, but in general, CreateArray is the more appropriate API for this sort of thing. (You'll see a lot of older code using DataUnion for this, but this is not really what it's meant for.)
Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Greg,

I knew DataUnion() removed dupes but all of the data is unique. I'll try using CreateArray() to see if that makes a difference.

What's so odd is that Size() returns the right value but the display code is one short. More digging is in order...

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.