SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Feature request- more control over live TV recordings and how channel changes happen.

I don't like how long it takes to change the channel when watching live TV on a client. As I understand it. Everytime I change the channel. Sage stops the recording and starts a new one. And many times I find it has changed tuners as well.
I have the hauppauge 2250 as well as a PVR PCI II along with an Avermedia Duet (188) (soon to be 2).
I'd like to be able to dedicate the 2250 for live tv on my clients. 2250-1 for the living room and 2250-2 for the bedroom. On top of that, I'd like to be able to have it just record as a constant and not stop and start with each channel change. Or even the ability to turn off the recording of live TV on that client.

I do understand that there could arise some conflicts with that setup but I'd like the ability to correct that on the spot (if that makes any sense).
Old 12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
SageTVaholic

There is no way to designate a particular tuner for live use. In fact, as far as the tuning mechanism of sage is concerned, there IS no live tv. Everything is a recording. When a client requests to watch something on livetv, it will pick the highest merit tuner that can provide that show, and start recording from that. The client will then playback teh recording. If you want the 2250's preferred, assign them a higher merit.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room