SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks. I just bought Version 7 so I didn't have to mess with the properties file, plus it's actually designed with Windows 7 in mind.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
One easy fix is to just disable UAC, but this makes your PC a little less secure. The best solution is probably to just install Sage to a different location outside of the default "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" directories. A good alternate location would be "c:\SageTV".
When I did a new Win7 install with Sage V7 installed to c:\SageTV, the Sage service would not start and firewire channel changing would not work. Both had worked previously on Vista with Sage (V7 also) installed in the Program Files directory & UAC off. I tried with UAC off on the new install to no avail. Finally. on returning Sage to the Program Files directory, everything worked again. There are apparently other "security" settings at play that can block access to the registry which is required for the ExeMultiTunerPlugin.dll. As for service mode, I have no idea why this would not work; but I think some caution on the c:SageTV install recommendation is warranted.

Last edited by rrhorer; 06-17-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:57 AM
Sage User

Smile Great thread

I followed the directions on this thread and wanted to report back that Sage 6.X works great in Win7 - as you follow the steps outlined. Thanks to those who made the postings!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
As for the HD100 displaying Trial Mode (...) With the MediaMVP's, you had to register a Placeshifter or Extender License on the Server. I think the HD100's may have been like this too. If so, a license code should have been provided when you purchased the extender.

To register a license, go to the Windows menu (Start Menu), and under All Programs, there should be a SageTV folder. Inside there should be "Register SageTV Media Extender or Placeshifter License." Click this and you will be prompted to enter your license information.
Upgrading to v7 does appear to require the licenses to be re-entered (whether in Win7 or other) ... I did not see this in the FAQ anywhere (perhaps because Sage is assuming most people are on HD200s?). The directions above fix the problem, but note that you have to restart Sage to get the keys to take effect.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Sage Advanced User

New Question

I have recently upgraded to W7 and didn't know about UAC until it was too late. I finally got everything working, but still am using UAC. I would like to run Sage Service and disable UAC completely (for this and a lot of other reasons). Can I just stop Sage, disable UAC, copy the files and directories from the Virtual Store to the Program Files directory (replacing any dupes) and then bring up the Sage Service? I would like to avoid uninstall/install, because everything is now working fine.

Thanks.