SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Question on Sorting

Gents,

I'm working on an STV that displays TV Recordings, Imported Videos, DVDs and BluRays all at once and (hopefully) supports multiple grouping and sorting options. What is the best way to sort items if I want to sort them based on the result of different methods? For example, when sorting by title I need to use GetAiringTitle() for TV but GetShowEpisode() for other types of video. How do I get to a single list that contains all types of video sorted alphabetically by their title?

What I've got right now is separate lists for each type of video where each list is sorted using the proper method (TVList, VideoList, DVDList, BluRayList). I really hope I do not have to manually sort them all

Thanks,

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Gents,

I'm working on an STV that displays TV Recordings, Imported Videos, DVDs and BluRays all at once and (hopefully) supports multiple grouping and sorting options. What is the best way to sort items if I want to sort them based on the result of different methods? For example, when sorting by title I need to use GetAiringTitle() for TV but GetShowEpisode() for other types of video. How do I get to a single list that contains all types of video sorted alphabetically by their title?

What I've got right now is separate lists for each type of video where each list is sorted using the proper method (TVList, VideoList, DVDList, BluRayList). I really hope I do not have to manually sort them all

Thanks,

Tom
Why not filesGetMediaFiles("TVDBL")
SortByMethod(files,false,"GetShowTitle")

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are wanting/needing. You may have to use GetShowEpisde I can't remember but I believe one will work for both tv and videos.

If I am not mistaken that should work of course allot has changed with bmt so I could be wron.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Why not filesGetMediaFiles("TVDBL")
SortByMethod(files,false,"GetShowTitle")

Unless I am misunderstanding what you are wanting/needing. You may have to use GetShowEpisde I can't remember but I believe one will work for both tv and videos.

If I am not mistaken that should work of course allot has changed with bmt so I could be wron.
I want to sort the T's using GetAiringTitle and the rest using GetShowEpisode and then combine them into one list. There is no one method that works for all types of files, that is the problem.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:12 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I want to sort the T's using GetAiringTitle and the rest using GetShowEpisode and then combine them into one list. There is no one method that works for all types of files, that is the problem.
Not sure how to go about it in studio as I don't know if it will let you pass an expression In the sorting call but would be pretty easy to do in java.

As always more than willing to code it for you if needed but it will simply be

Gettitle(object mediaobject){
if(IsTV(mediaobject)){
return getairingtitle(mediaobject)}
else{
retune getepisodename(mediaobject)}
}

I would use sagex's calls to do this as it is object oriented as per above)
Old 01-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Sage Icon

like plucky said the simplest way to do this is with some custom java code... i could have sworn the flux api had some code in there for specifically this purpose.... not sure though cause its been so damn long since i looked at the code. The ortus api definitely has this code in there... its very similar to what plucky wrote above in psuedocode.
Check out TVExplorer