SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow STV Import: iMovies for Default STV

iMovies v1.2 for Default STV (Support Thread)
by TiKi

Download Page | Notifications Thread

>>Latest Version: v1.2
>>Last Updated: 2010-01-17

Overview:
This is a port of the iMovies for SageMC import that was originally written by JVL711. This version has been converted to work with the Default SageTV3.XML STV.

This is an alternate Video Library screen that is highly customizable.

Commands:
Options – Brings up the display options and other behavioral options
Up Arrow – Brings up the filtering options
Down Arrow – Brings up the alpha numeric index search
Info – Brings up the detailed info screen for the selected media file
Select – Same as Info
Left/Right Arrow – Scrolls through the video library
PageUp/PageDown – Scrolls through the video library by the number of displayed icons (A Whole Page)
ChannelUp/ChannelDown – Same as PageUp/PageDown

Screen Shots:

1-Classic Reflection Layout with Screen Title enabled

2-Details Layout

3-Fanart-Fixed Layout with Screen Title enabled

4-Quick-Nav Menu Visible at Bottom (press Down Arrow to show)

5-Filter Menu Visible (press Up Arrow to show)

6-Customize Layout - Icons

7-Import Layout (there are several pre-defined layouts, plus you can export your own creations for import later)

Installation Instructions:
  1. Shut down SageTV (including the Sage Service).
  2. Unzip the iMovies zip file into the "<Sage Install Directory>\SageTV\" folder (be sure to preserve the directory structure). I have included several JAR files with this import, some of which are also distributed with other imports. If you already have some of the same JAR files, keep whichever is the newest.
  3. Re-start SageTV.
  4. Go to the Manage STVI Imports under Setup->Detailed Setup->Advanced and add this import, then choose force rebuild.
  5. You will need to use the Dynamic Menus import to make the iMovies menu visible. Choose add internal screen and look for "iMovies". Note, screens are in alphabetical order uppercase first (A-Z, followed by a-z), so iMovies will be near the bottom of the list.
Note:
It is possible to set filter parameters and pass them through with the Dynamic Menus. Here is some sample code that you could add to your Dynammic menus xml file that would create two menu entries, one that hides everything in a folder called My Hidden Videos, and one that only shows the files from that same folder:

Code:
<!--     -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="iMovies1">
   <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder", "E:\\My Hidden Videos\\")</evalExpression>
   <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedIncludeSelectedFolder", false)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!--      -->
<internalScreenMenuItem screen="iMovies" title="iMovies2">
   <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedSelectedFolder", "E:\\My Hidden Videos\\")</evalExpression>
   <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PassedIncludeSelectedFolder", true)</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
<!--     -->

Revision History:

v1.0 (2009-03-30)
  • Initial Release by TiKi
  • Based on iMovies_v1.xml import for SageMC (by jvl711)
  • Ported to run as an import to the Standard SageTV3.xml
  • requires gkusnick.sagetv.jar installed in ..\SageTV\JARs\ folder

v1.1 (2010-01-11)

• Now use Phoenix-style fan art if possible for movie icon (search order = Phoenix Poster, Phoenix Background, Sage Default Thumbnail, Generic DVD Icon).
  • For Phoenix images, use default image (currently first image found alphabetically by image filename).
  • Updated to include new features from jvl711's iMovies v1.2 (Basic Panels, USer Ratings, Media Icons)
  • Fixed some display issues with the options dialog boxes, including checkmark buttons andbroken image links.
  • Fixed the Import/Export features.
  • Now include additional support files with import (2 new folders called iMoviesImages and iMoviesLayouts, located in ..\SageTV\STVs\Sage3\SageMCE\, contain graphics and sample layouts).
  • Replaced "\\" in file paths with java_io_File_separator constant, which should allow import to work on Linux and Mac.
  • Added display of iMovies stvi rev number to the Options menu.
  • Updated which JAR files are included:
    • added: imageutils.jar - for reflections;
    • added: sagemc.jar - for importing layouts;
    • added: phoenix.jar - to locate fanart for posters and backgrounds and also for image scaling;
    • removed: gkusnick.saget.jar - no longer required (was for STVi importing);

v1.2 (2010-01-16)
  • Fixed the "Play" listener in the main iMovies screen (pressing play should start playing the selected movie immediately in full-screen mode.
  • Added a listener for the "Play/Pause" command to the main iMovies screen (does the same thing as the "Play" command).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR

Last edited by Tiki; 01-17-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Update for 1.2 release
Old 01-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Sage User

When I'm in Imovies page and I have selected my movie, I press the play button to start the movie. The movie starts as I can hear it playing however it stays on the Imovies page. It does not go to the movie. Does this happen for anyone else?

Clients:
2 HD100 Extenders
1 HD200 Extender
SageTV Client
Old 01-16-2010, 03:52 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qusix View Post
When I'm in Imovies page and I have selected my movie, I press the play button to start the movie. The movie starts as I can hear it playing however it stays on the Imovies page. It does not go to the movie. Does this happen for anyone else?
I just tried and saw the same behavior. Looks like a bug. I never tried the Play button from the main iMovies page before (I always hit "Select" which takes me to the recording details page and hit "Watch" from there).

I'll see if I can fix it this weekend.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
SageTVaholic

I must have missed this when you first released it (back in march)... looks good.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

v1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I just tried and saw the same behavior. Looks like a bug. I never tried the Play button from the main iMovies page before (I always hit "Select" which takes me to the recording details page and hit "Watch" from there).

I'll see if I can fix it this weekend.
The bug with the "Play" command has been fixed. I released v1.2 today (the rev notes and pictures have been updated in the firts post of this thread). I also added a listener for the "Play/Pause" command (it does the same thing as the "Play" command).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I must have missed this when you first released it (back in march)... looks good.
Thanks! Actually, I never published v1.0 to the world - it was too rough around the edges (consider it a private beta).
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Sage Icon

for some reason, the "iMovies" menu is not listed when I scroll through the list of internal screen. any ideas why it isn't listed? I have dynamic menu import 6.4 and iMovies v1.2 installed.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayamaniac View Post
for some reason, the "iMovies" menu is not listed when I scroll through the list of internal screen. any ideas why it isn't listed? I have dynamic menu import 6.4 and iMovies v1.2 installed.
It's not necessarily listed in alphabetical order.. Keep scrolling.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

It's definitely not in there, I've looked thru it from top to bottom.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It's definitely not in there, I've looked thru it from top to bottom.
Sage displays the screens in alphabetical order, but the list is case-sensitive with uppercase A-Z followed by lowercase a-z. So, "iMovies" comes after "Z..." near the end of the list.

If it really isn't showing up, try re-importing it.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Tiki I installed this and like it a great deal, but my problem is that I record all my movies and not burn them from DVD's. Is there any way to get this to show the movies in the Sage recording directory as well as the video import directory?
Old 01-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sage displays the screens in alphabetical order, but the list is case-sensitive with uppercase A-Z followed by lowercase a-z. So, "iMovies" comes after "Z..." near the end of the list.

If it really isn't showing up, try re-importing it.
Still not showing up, reimporting doesn't help either. This is with SageTV Client on Windows 7. Here's the last thing I see on the list:

Old 01-21-2010, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechling-burgh View Post
Tiki I installed this and like it a great deal, but my problem is that I record all my movies and not burn them from DVD's. Is there any way to get this to show the movies in the Sage recording directory as well as the video import directory?
It is designed as a replacement for the default Sage Videos menu, so in general it won't show Sage Recordings.

However, it will show any Sage Recordings that are marked as "Archived" or that are in one of the directories that you have designated as an import directory.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Still not showing up, reimporting doesn't help either. This is with SageTV Client on Windows 7. Here's the last thing I see on the list:
That is very strange. If it's not showing up in the Dynamic Menus list, it probably isn't importing correctly.

Are you testing with a regular Sage installation, a Sage Client, an Extender, or a Placeshifter?

What OS are you using? If Windows 7 or Vista, do you have UAC enabled?

Are you able to install other imports without a problem?

Is it possible that another import is interfering (could you test with just iMovies and Dynamic Menus and no other imports)?

After importing, could you launch Studio (Ctrl+Shift+F12) and see if the iMovies menu is listed?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 01-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Sage User

Quote:
That is very strange. If it's not showing up in the Dynamic Menus list, it probably isn't importing correctly.

Are you testing with a regular Sage installation, a Sage Client, an Extender, or a Placeshifter?

Is it possible that another import is interfering (could you test with just iMovies and Dynamic Menus and no other imports)?

After importing, could you launch Studio (Ctrl+Shift+F12) and see if the iMovies menu is listed?
I'm having the same issue. I hit Ctrl+Shift+F12 and it is not listed there either
Old 02-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

If it's not showing up, then it's not actually importing for some reason.

Could you answer some of my other questions from the post above?

Also, please verify which version of Sage you are using and are you using this with the default STV (not SageMC or something else)?
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure if this is the right place ... Wondering how / if i can use this plugin...

installing jetty i was instructed to remove some nielm jars - And I think with it the ability to modify nielms dynamic menus? Is there an update to nielms dynamic menu that works with jetty / Sage web server for jetty / and bmt?
or can i just move some jars back?

thanks in advance!
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Sage Icon

You should be able to use both Jetty and the Nielm Dynamic Menus...

I'm guessing you were asked to remove some other Nielm jars related to the older (pre-Jetty) version of the webserver.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR