SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

HD PVR / ShowAnalyzer & 1 Second Pauses

I been noticing that when I run ShowAnalyzer and my system is 100% CPU utilization, that the HD PVR top blue ligtht goes off and then back on for about 1 second. This repeats every few minutes.

When I watch the recording I notice "skips" in the recording which must be when the HD PVR top blue light went off and then back on again. Pauses in the HD PVR recording?

My question is, when this happens, it is logged any where? I am trying to see if I can get that data so that I can look at how often it is happening.

I do know that when the HD PVR completly stops recording, that SageTV puts out the RED ICON with "Halt detected in Recording" message. This is not what I am talking about however.

I am asking about the quick ~1 second pauses that the HD PVR does in which the top Blue Bling light goes off then back on again.

By the way, when the system is not heavily taxed (not at 100% CPU), the HD PVR top light stays solid blue and I don't see any skips in the recording.