SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Slow / Missed response from Hauppage 45 button remote on Windows 7 x64

Has anyone else seen this problem? often I will need to press the button more than once to get it to respond and sometimes it behaves as though it has queued the commands and executes multiple commands.
I tried installing the latest drivers from Hauppauge via their latest app dated 2010 (not the standalone drivers)

Installed them successfully but then sage wouldn't recognize any of the commands.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Sage Icon

Play around w/ these lines in the .properties file:

Code:
infrared_receive_repeat_delay=350
infrared_receive_repeat_delay_rc5=350
infrared_receive_repeat_period=250
Also, go to advanced setup commands in SageTV and make sure that 2 IR code numbers are listed for every command.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
Play around w/ these lines in the .properties file:

Also, go to advanced setup commands in SageTV and make sure that 2 IR code numbers are listed for every command.
If the Hauppauge IR receiver + software is being used, those settings are not relevant because SageTV doesn't interact directly with the Hauppauge IR receiver.

Are there similar issues when keyboard/mouse input is used? If so, increase the Java heap size.

And, if you mean you've reinstalled the Hauppauge IR software after SageTV was installed & now there is no response in SageTV, see this FAQ:
How do I use the Hauppauge remote to control SageTV? When I press a button, nothing happens.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
If the Hauppauge IR receiver + software is being used, those settings are not relevant because SageTV doesn't interact directly with the Hauppauge IR receiver.

Are there similar issues when keyboard/mouse input is used? If so, increase the Java heap size.

And, if you mean you've reinstalled the Hauppauge IR software after SageTV was installed & now there is no response in SageTV, see this FAQ:
How do I use the Hauppauge remote to control SageTV? When I press a button, nothing happens.

- Andy
No response is good from the mouse or keyboard only an issue with the Hauppauge remote. Google searching showed me that others had seen this problem using Windows Media Center on Windows 7 as well. This same HVR1600 has been used on XP and Vista with no issues on the remote. My guess was that this must be a driver issue so I tried the latest driver but I couldn't get Sage to work with that.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Yes, I see the same thing (Win7 64bit, Sage 6.6.2, PVR-150, using Hauppague remote and IR Receiver). Keyboard and mouse are very smooth, but remote behaves kind of like I have weak batteries (sometimes works, sometimes have to press multiple times or hold the buttons down, sometimes it responds as if I pressed the button multiple times).

In my case it is not so bad as to be unusable, but still a little frustrating at times.
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 03-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

I agree it's annoying more than it makes the system unusable but I was hoping someone would have figured out how to resolve it.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have the opposite issue. It seems to be sending the command twice...*too* responsive? How might I fix this?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

I seemed to have fixed this by either (or both) setting the PollRate in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hauppauge\IR to 500 or changing the
RepeatDelay=10 in IRREMOTE.INI under [Remote] section.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try. I've since added a USB-UIRT in order to resolve this but I'm curious if this will work.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having the Win7-64 slow + misses (almost unusable) problem with the 45b remote (using the HDPVR IR port).

I asked Sage about this but got essentially a "huh? never heard that before" response. Then was asked if it works ok with the WinTV app, but that app doesn't come with the HDPVR, so I haven't tried that.

Since I'm not have the too sensitive problem that was fixed by either of the above two (polling in registry and repeat in .ini) -- Has anyone got the Haupaugge IR driver working right? -- and how?

Thanks
TW
Old 12-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage User

Got the same problem here as well.

If I uninstall the Hauppauge remote app Ir32 it’s a lot more responsive. But then not all of the buttons work. Also getting this weird behaviour of the menus jumping back! As soon as I select something it jumps back making it impossible to use.

This only happens When I use the remote and happens in any program not just sagetv.

Maybe the remote part of my nova t-500 isn’t compatible with windows 7 64 bit?

Anyway I have given up for the moment and switched back to xp and all is well again. Mpeg2 video quality even looks better for me in xp. I was getting terrible scaling in windows 7.