SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

You can create a new file with SageTV, or you could use LrnHelper for each digit, and paste each line into a IR file. If the DCT2000 remote control will also control your QIP2500, then you could consider using the DCT-2000 IR file. Otherwise, you need to create a different IR file for the QIP2500. The IR file needs to be customized for each type of set top box.

Dave
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
Is there a way to get the proper IR codes to put in the ir file for my STB the QIP2500? I can't believe I've been at this all day.

Another problem is the zones do not seem to work when I put Z1 before the 0000 in the codes and I have no spaces.

Thanks,
Mike
The Z1 is put in front of the "0000" for zone 1. The Z2 is put in front of the "0000" for zone 2. Both with no spaces. These are for the two external zones you hook up with the connector on the USB-UIRT. When you are using the IR on the USB-UIRT itself, then you do not need to add any zone information in front of the "0000" part of the codes.

Dave
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Sage Fanatic

Have you seen this post?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...16&postcount=3

The person has attached their ir file to that post, so you could download it, rename it (to remove the .txt at the end), drop it in the folder:

C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\USB-UIRT Transceiver

and see if that works. You might have to remove the Z1's from the start of each line though, but not certain.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Just to follow up:

I did get everything working but there were some BIG caveats where some have been mentioned throughout this thread but I'll summarize the important things for SageTVService:

1. (I don't think this was mentioned anywhere) I am quite sure you have to shutdown and restart Sage Service to be sure the modified IR file is properly read. I found situations where if I removed and added back a video source it just did not respond properly to the IR file or if I changed the IR file it just did not work unless I restarted the service.

2. As mentioned - when learning codes you have to have the remote very close to the USBUIRT

3. When testing the monoplugs (zones 1 and 2) of the usbuirt you have to have the IR cable right up against the cable box but the main USBUIRT Zone 3 can be much further away. This can be very misleading to someone who might think something is not working when in reality you just have to have the cable right up against the box.

(EDIT) Doc - in post 23 I did not see a Select/Enter. I suppose it would work as just entering the channels might be enough but it might change slower as one would have to wait for the box to respond since Enter/Select is not in the file.

All is well.

Thank you,
Mike

Last edited by mike1961; 04-13-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1961 View Post
Is there a way to get the proper IR codes to put in the ir file for my STB the QIP2500? I can't believe I've been at this all day.

Another problem is the zones do not seem to work when I put Z1 before the 0000 in the codes and I have no spaces.

Thanks,
Mike
Did you try using LrnHelper.exe yet?

Dave