SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-13-2010, 01:09 AM

Newbie - Move recordings successful, but not all moved recordings recognized

Hi,

I'm new to Sage and I'm still getting the hang of it. My first installation was successful until I tried to convert the recording directory to a UNC path. I didn't set up the permissions correctly, which caused Sage to hang. Since then, I started over from scratch and everything is working properly with a UNC path. However, I can't get Sage to recognize my old recordings. I read the FAQs and successfully moved the new recordings from one folder to another and Sage still recognizes the new recordings. It just doesn't see the old recordings. Does anyone have any suggestions? If there's a manual way to get Sage to recognize one recording at a time, I'm willing to do this as well. There are just a few shows that I would like to be able to watch.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 05-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Administrator

If by "started over" you mean that you started with a fresh wiz.bin database, then you can't automatically get the TV info back for those older recordings.

The unrecognized recordings will be in imported videos; you can watch the videos via the Video browser.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the tip! I imported the files and I can now view them. I did start over completely with a clean OS install and new Sage install with a new wiz.bin file.

Ed