SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

TV Recordings Moved to Videos

I had a problem with an external hard drive which made that unavailable for a period of time. During that time, something must have happened which made a few of my TV recordings move from the recorded tv section to the imported videos section of Sage. One of the recordings actually had a break in it so there are two separate files. Now the first part of that movie is in the tv section and the other part is in the imported videos section. Most of the recordings on that hard drive which was disconnected is fine and is a part of the recorded tv section. Any ideas how to move the others back?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Sage Icon

I believe I have experienced the exact same thing. All my recordings are now seen in both my recordings area and under imported videos.

I know that I had this issue years ago, but can't remember if there was a fix for it.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable will come along.

dave
Old 12-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks. I had it happen once before too and what I did to "fix" it was to delete the recordings that were messed up. I didn't have too many that were like that so it was an acceptable solution. I could do that this time too, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has a proper solution.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same problem, and I used this:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=26
Old 12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
I had the same problem, and I used this:
Sorry, I don't understand how this fixes the problem. This seems to only allow you to control Sage from a web browser.

The problem I have is that an episode of mythbusters was in two files (I think b/c hauppauge froze) but showed up as one episode in my recorded tv section fine. Then, my computer lost contact with the external hard drive and I had to reboot reboots my computer a few times and Sage restarted a few times without access to that drive. Now, Sage shows the second portion of the episode in my imported video section in addition to still playing through my recorded tv section.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

With that you can edit your files from any client.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Sage User

Thanks for that hint Paul. I have the same issue, when moving recordings to a new drive, they failed to go back into Sage Records, and ended up in Imported Videos. This was despite repeated attempts at using the old wiz.bin, advanced recovery, etc.

This might be an option, though I can see that going through 115 episodes of the Wonder Years will be tedious, at least to get all of the show info.

Any thoughts on a more automated way of going about it?
Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have just one episode of a show Sage recorded, that is not showing up in the list of recordings but it *is* showing up as an imported video.

The show was recorded about a month before this surfaced. To the best of my knowledge there have been no system issues at all, not at a any time -- not when the episode was recorded, and not when this issue surfaced.

I have several SageTV recordings directories and several imported video directories across several disk drives. They are all folders at the root level of their drives and have no sub-folders within them, so they do not cross into each other.

I have never listed any of the SageTV recordings directories as directories to import media from, or vice-versa.

Here's what I've done to try to fix this:

1. Using SageTV setup, delete ALL recording folders and ALL imported media folders.

2. Shut SageTV down, rebooted machine, launched SageTV and confirmed it had NO folders listed anywhere and no listings of any recordings or imported videos from anywhere.

3. Using setup I re-entered all my recording directories and all my imported video directories. The one episode still does not appear in the list of SageTV recordings, though it is inside one of the recording directories.

4. I don't use automatic refresh on media importing, so I instructed Sage to perform a manual re-scan. The one recorded episode reappeared as an imported video, showing the SageTV recordings folder that it resides in, which is NOT an imported video folder in settings. The episode still does not appear in the SageTV recordings listing.

I've also tried this:

1. Shut SageTV down

2. Using Windows Explorer, remove the episode from its recordings directory out to a directory completely unknown by SageTV

3. Launch SageTV and perform manual re-scan of imported media. Episode disappears from imported videos list.

4. Shut SageTV down.

5. Copy the episode back in, but this time to a different SageTV recordings folder than where it 'lived' before

6. Launch SageTV. Episode still does not show up in recordings list.

7. Perform manual re-scan of imported media. Episode reappears as an imported video, in the recording folder it now resides in

If anyone has any ideas about what else I can try before doing a wipe and reinstalling Sage, please let me know.

Otherwise this is what I'll try next:

1. Back up my current SageTV installation of course

2. Uninstall SageTV, delete the SageTV program directories, clean the registry thoroughly.

3. Install SageTV fresh. I'll know it's fresh because it will ask for my serial number again. Note I'm not going to restore wiz.bin, sage.properties or other files just yet.

4. Experiment with adding in recording directories and import directories, one at a time, until the problem re-appears.

5. If it doesn't reappear, then I'll add back in my sage.properties and try again. If it still doesn't reappear, I'll add back in my wiz.bin.

6. If still doesn't reappear, I'll proceed to add back in my customizations one at a time, in this order: recording padding, comskip, and Nielm's custom menus. These are the only three I have, in addition to turning on the 'hidden secret extras' in SageTV itself.

If the issue appears at any point without customizations being added back, I'll open a support ticket with SageTV.

I'll post back when I have more information.

Thanks and regards,
--pseudonym
Old 12-20-2009, 02:16 PM
SageTVaholic

I wouldn't wipe the system for this one recording. I believe that recording, for whatever reason, has no metadata associated with it. You could use the webserver or BatchMetadata Importer to get its metadat via a .properties file and use either one to import it back into Sage.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Gerry, since I don't use the webserver I decided to try BMT as a command-line tool outside of SageTV so I don't have to install anything else to Sage.

I terminated SageTV, ran the command line tool which created a .properties file (it does contain the correct info for the episode). Per the directions ensured the recording was not marked read-only (it wasn't), updated the recording's timestamp for both the modified and created date/time. Then re-launched SageTV.

Either SageTV didn't pick up the .properties file in the directory with the episode, or there is something else wrong? It's still not listed as a SageTV recording and it is still listed as an imported video, even after a rescan.

I've read the opening page and done numerous searches on the thread for BMT (101 pages... so I haven't tried to read it cover to cover just yet). The documentation WIKI just tells how to install the plugin and doesn't even talk about the command line usage.

If you're familiar with BMT as a command line (I'd rather not install it as a plugin) and can tell me where I went wrong, please do. Thanks again for help.
--pseudonym
Old 12-20-2009, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Sorry. Haven't done the commandline in awhile. I installed it but disabled the automatic plugin. I can bring BMT up in a web browser and then have it refresh/scan the Video recording directory for the offending TV recording. In the browser you can set it as TV and then check a box for it to be a Sage Recording. Have it find the metadata and then save it. I usually do this if I miss a recording and acquire it elsewhere. Then they show up right in TV Recordings.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK thanks again. I'll just keep chipping away at it :-)
Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the BMT tip. It's not finding metadata on my Wonder Years files automatically. But if I enter the episode name and then search, it does find it - and movies it back to Sage Recordings.

Oh well, it'll take a while - at least I'll get my metadata back!

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Could someone please help me understand Metadata and how that would make a recording show up under TV recordings rather than under imported videos? I've read the post which goes over syntax and available fields, but it didn't seem to have anything field which marked "TV Recordings" or not.

I'm pretty new to metadata and any explanation or reference for me to read would be appreciated.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Sage Icon

@pseudonym - I bolded the key trick from gerry's post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
I can bring BMT up in a web browser and then have it refresh/scan the Video recording directory for the offending TV recording. In the browser you can set it as TV and then check a box for it to be a Sage Recording. Have it find the metadata and then save it.
the reason it didnt work from the commandline is there is no option to Import TV into Sage Recordings from the commandline... at least iirc (from the commandline you can run the tool without any args to bring up a list of supported args and see if there is one to Import TV into Sage Recordings)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

@razrsharpe

Thanks for pointing that out. Actually, I did see that and decided, what the hey, I'll install it and see what happens...

Except I can't get the web interface to show up. I've posted for help in another thread of people having the same issue with BMT, but so far no
response...
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44228

If you know how to fix that, please post over there for those of us who are stuck :-) Thank you,

--pseudonym
Old 12-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Try here (click on direct link at top):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sage...Setup_2_25.exe
Old 12-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure what that download is -- please point me to a page with information about this?

The BMT instructions call for using Jetty Starter which I've installed, and I didn't see this name listed there.

Thanks for info,
--pseudonym
Old 12-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

See the previous entry, it's for the web interface.
For info go here:
and click download.

Last edited by Paul H; 12-22-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for clarification Paul. That doesn't seem to be the one I need to use with BMT though? I did install Jetty Starter as provided for in the BMT instructions.

I'm really trying to avoid installing anything, but I would like to not only get that one episode back in line, but also be prepared to resolve any recurrance.

--pseudonym