SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Sage User

Can't Get my BMT 3.1 Install off the Ground

Good evening,

I am new to the BMT and am trying to get all of the components installed and functioning properly. I seem to be having problems with the web UI piece as I have the BMT 3.1 STVi imported and I see the Fanart / Metadata option in the Setup.

Here is what I have done:

1. I downloaded and extracted Jetty 1.6 to my SageTV\SageTV directory.
2. I edited the JettyStarter.properties by entering a custom port
3. I modified the sage.properties file by entering "sagex.jetty.starter.Main" as well as the two additional parameters:

Code:
mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin 
custom_metadata_properties=MediaProviderDataID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;EpisodeTitle;EpisodeNumber;SeasonNumber;DiscNumber;UserRating
I save and restart and when I attempt to access the web UI from the SageTV machine (http://localhost:8500/bmt/) I receive the following:

Directory: /bmt/

WEB-INF - bytes Sep 16, 2009 8:21:50 PM

Clicking the WEB-INF link simply gives me an HTTP ERROR 404 with "Problem accessing /bmt/WEB-INF/. Reason: NOT_FOUND

At the bottom it reads, "Powered by Jetty://" so I know that the engine is running, I just can't understand what step(s) I might have missed to cause this behavior.

Those of you who are intimate with this setup, I would appreciate any guidance as I have attempted to re-install this tonight six times with the same results.

Thank you in advance,
Erik
Old 09-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
Good evening,

I am new to the BMT and am trying to get all of the components installed and functioning properly. I seem to be having problems with the web UI piece as I have the BMT 3.1 STVi imported and I see the Fanart / Metadata option in the Setup.

Here is what I have done:

1. I downloaded and extracted Jetty 1.6 to my SageTV\SageTV directory.
2. I edited the JettyStarter.properties by entering a custom port
3. I modified the sage.properties file by entering "sagex.jetty.starter.Main" as well as the two additional parameters:

Code:
mediafile_metadata_parser_plugins=org.jdna.sage.MetadataUpdaterPlugin 
custom_metadata_properties=MediaProviderDataID;MediaTitle;MediaType;OriginalAirDate;EpisodeTitle;EpisodeNumber;SeasonNumber;DiscNumber;UserRating
I save and restart and when I attempt to access the web UI from the SageTV machine (http://localhost:8500/bmt/) I receive the following:

Directory: /bmt/

WEB-INF - bytes Sep 16, 2009 8:21:50 PM

Clicking the WEB-INF link simply gives me an HTTP ERROR 404 with "Problem accessing /bmt/WEB-INF/. Reason: NOT_FOUND

At the bottom it reads, "Powered by Jetty://" so I know that the engine is running, I just can't understand what step(s) I might have missed to cause this behavior.

Those of you who are intimate with this setup, I would appreciate any guidance as I have attempted to re-install this tonight six times with the same results.

Thank you in advance,
Erik
I'm having similar issues with getting it up and running.

My steps:

- SageTV latest 6.6.2.208
- download Jetty 6.1.20 - launch the Jetty Service from the \bin directory
(I didn't place it in the SageTV directory.. does it need to be?)
- I can connect to Jetty using http://192.168.1.xxx:8080/
(I didn't overwrite the default port, I assume that to do so you'd need to configure the Jetty service config file AND the SageTV properties file)
- shutdown Sage
- place the BMT files in the root SageTV directory
- place the Sage Jetty server files in the root SageTV directory
- relaunch SageTV
- Connect to http://192.168.1.xxx:8080/bmt

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...=34301&page=90

Last edited by Belgrath; 09-16-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Sage User

I remember having an issue similar to this, not sure if was exactly this. My problem had something to do with IE8 and compatibility mode. All I needed to do was click on compatibility mode and everything popped up. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco340 View Post
I remember having an issue similar to this, not sure if was exactly this. My problem had something to do with IE8 and compatibility mode. All I needed to do was click on compatibility mode and everything popped up. Hope this helps.
currently using firefox....
Old 09-20-2009, 11:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Try removing the jetty/webapps/bmtweb/ dir (not the .war file, just the bmtweb dir), then restart sagetv server, wait a minute and then try again. If you get the error again, try reloading the page using holding down the shift key when you press refresh/reload on the browser.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having same problem. I'm brand new to Batch Metadata and 3.1 is my first version and first use of Jetty Starter as well.

I found this post for a different error:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1791

It reads:
"It would appear that the bmtweb app is not being picked up by jetty. When you extracted the bmt application, did it put the bmtweb.war in the jetty/webapps/ directory. When you browse the jetty/webapps directory, is there a bmtweb.jar and a bmtweb/ directory. Try removing the bmtweb directory (not that war, and restart sage)"

I do not have a bmtweb directory and I don't have a bmtweb.jar. The only file is bmt.war inside jetty/webapps.

I just unzipped again the BMT 3.1 file I downloaded an hour or two ago, to it's own directory -- there is nothing named "bmtweb" in that zip file. Is the jar and/or directory built by something?

I am also using IE8 and I tried compatibility mode, but that did not make any difference.

Ideas? Thanks and regards,
--pseudonym
Old 12-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Also, I'm using Standard STV so I imported the STVI and have a Metadata/Fanart section under setup. There I enabled automatic metadata/fanart for when "media is imported using Stuckless's BMT Plugin (RESTART REQUIRED)".

I've restarted several times but I still don't see where this plugin is accessed from. Is it from the web UI that I don't have working yet?

Sorry... confused...
--pseudonym
Old 12-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

@psuedonym - have you successfully gotten jetty to work? ie can you open a web browser and go to http:\\JettyIP:JettyPort and get a jetty error page... it should say this page is generated by jetty or some such on the lower left

try following sflamm's installation instructions linked to from the top of the first post of the BMT thread....
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34301

EDIT: you do not need to install any STVI to do what you need from your other thread ... you should be able to do everything using the web interface
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 12-22-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

@razrsharpe

Yes those are the instructions I followed. I get the same error from Jetty as reported in that thread. Jetty is running and providing the error message.

--pseudonym
Old 12-22-2009, 09:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym View Post
@razrsharpe

Yes those are the instructions I followed. I get the same error from Jetty as reported in that thread. Jetty is running and providing the error message.

--pseudonym
if you want to email your logs metadatatools at gmail dot com, then I can take a look at them, and see if I can see any issue.

Thanks,
Sean.

EDIT: logs would include sagetv_0.txt and mailcheck.log, and/or phoenix.log, and/or bmt.log
Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

Sean, thank you very much for your offer to help. I will be able to email you the logs you've requested, sometime this coming weekend.

Since you mentioned the sagetv_0.txt file, I'm assuming you want me to turn on debug mode in Sage, as that's the only time I've seen this file get created. Please let me know if that's not what you were referring to.

Thanks again and regards,
--pseudonym
Old 12-24-2009, 09:04 AM
Sage Icon

thats what he is referring to
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

@razrsharpe Thank you for confirmation that's the right logfile! Much appreciated.

@Sean,

I am so very sorry for delay. I was away for a time and only now able to come back to working on this issue. I really hope the problem is something very simple, perhaps something this dope (me) has overlooked. That would be the easiest fix I think! :-)

Of the logs you requested (sagetv_0.txt and mailcheck.log, and/or phoenix.log, and/or bmt.log), after turning on debug mode in Sage, stopping and restating Sage, then shutting it down again (to have the smallest possible logs), the only log I have with data in it is sagetv_0.txt.

I do not have any others you have mentioned. I do have 2010_01_09.request.log created in (sage directory) ... jetty\logs but it is empty (0 bytes). Looking at every sage restart over the last few weeks, one was created each time and they are all empty.

I have emailed you my sagetv_0.txt at the address you specified, in case that is useful?

Thank you again for any help, and again sorry for the delay in reply.

Best regards,
--pseudonym
Old 01-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can now access the web page for BMT from the Jetty webserver!

I sent Sean my logs as requested, and he provided me with these instructions:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=1882

Thank you again Sean! With the BMT webpage I was able to get my one episode, that had somehow lost its metadata, back in line with the other SageTV recordings where it should be.

Woot! Those of you posting here with same issue as the OP, please try this :-)

Kind regards,
--pseudonym