SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 AM
Sage Expert

Long term storage strategy with WHS and sage media center

My media center import directories through sage are as follows

-Movies
-TV shows

These are how thew show up in sagetv and the names of the shares in WHS. The movies contain all my DVD rips, HD records, and now MKV's. I realized last night that my Movies share has duplication turned on and this is due to the HD recordings that I have from the HD-PVR so I have duplicates of those, but my MKV files that are around 40gb in size have duplicates.

I would rather not have this happen.

I figured I could create and HD recorded folder for all my recordings and just move the rest of my rips into a separate folder. The HD share would get duplicates and the rips wouldn't. That would potentially make it appear like this

-HD recorded
-Movies(rips)
-TV shows

Sagetv is working really nice for the navigation as it stands and I don't want to move to a three folder setup. Can I just put a short cut in the movies share to point to HD recorded and have all the movies show up, or will I have to navigate through the shortcut? In other words I really want to have the Movies rips and the HD recorded as sub directories as a parent Movies folder, but I only want the HD recorded to be duplicated.