SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

View Poll Results: I would be interested in a.....
Placeshifter v7 for OSX 67 37.22%
Client v7 for OSX 56 31.11%
Placeshifter v7 for Iphone/Ipod 83 46.11%
Placeshifter v7 for Ipad 78 43.33%
None of the Above 39 21.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is going very offtopic... Getting pissed and throwing a tantrum will not make the Mac version appear.

Just wait and see what happens.

I hope they are still going to support Mac, but be glad 6.x placeshifter still works on server 7. This is a stopgap measure for me.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim View Post
This is going very offtopic... Getting pissed and throwing a tantrum will not make the Mac version appear.

I hope they are still going to support Mac, but be glad 6.x placeshifter still works on server 7. This is a stopgap measure for me.
I would be fine with it if it didn't look like this connected to a v7 server:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-12-29 at 4.47.38 PM.jpg (36.4 KB, 594 views)

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Then you're not selecting the correct stv. I have Placeshifter on both my macs and it looks fine.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:32 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadim View Post

It's not a stopgap measure for me as it would require me buying three placeshifter licenses to replace the 3 client licenses that I currently use on my Macs.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavius View Post
I have given up on the Mac support and switched to something else.
what is "something else"?
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Sage Icon

See http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52905

Picture quality is very good, I can directly record to iTunes, in iPad & iPhone format at the same time if I want etc.. For now I'm just playing around, but we have stopped using Sage on our computers and my kids clearly prefer Apple TV w/ Netflix & You Tube these days to our Sage Extenders.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

FYI, I (sort of...) got around the issue because I have Parallels installed on my Mac and run an XP virtual machine, mainly because I'm a big Quicken user and the Mac version is awful. I can run the Windows client for Sage 7 in the Windows VM in Parallels on the Mac and it works great. Even plays BluRay. This is not a bootcamp/dual-boot solution, it's a Windows VM running inside of OSX. You can find deals on Parallels for $39....
Old 01-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
See http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52905

Picture quality is very good, I can directly record to iTunes, in iPad & iPhone format at the same time if I want etc.. For now I'm just playing around, but we have stopped using Sage on our computers and my kids clearly prefer Apple TV w/ Netflix & You Tube these days to our Sage Extenders.
how is the integration with recordings/itunes/appletv? is it difficult to find recorded series, etc?

my mother in law got me an appletv for xmas, and i have to say i am enjoying it. with netflix, and my movie collection imported into itunes, it is excellent.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandor View Post
how is the integration with recordings/itunes/appletv? is it difficult to find recorded series, etc?

my mother in law got me an appletv for xmas, and i have to say i am enjoying it. with netflix, and my movie collection imported into itunes, it is excellent.
It really is nice and with the apple remote for iPad/iPhone the integration of controlling your iTunes content is very nice added feature as well.

I too would like to know how that Eyetv integrated with iTunes.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I would like to know how Eyetv is integrated with iTunes and Apple TV.
In Eye TV I have set the favorite (or season pass) to record directly to the IPAD preset (sometimes I chose to create a recording for the IPHONE at the same time). After the recording is finished export to iTunes begins automatically. Shortly thereafter, a minute or two later, the show or movie will show up on the ATV2, including pertinent meta data.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In Eye TV I have set the favorite (or season pass) to record directly to the IPAD preset (sometimes I chose to create a recording for the IPHONE at the same time). After the recording is finished export to iTunes begins automatically. Shortly thereafter, a minute or two later, the show or movie will show up on the ATV2, including pertinent meta data.
Wow nice very tempted on that one didn't know it had that tight of integration with iTunes.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:18 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Wow nice very tempted on that one didn't know it had that tight of integration with iTunes.
If only there was some way to view live TV I would be totally sold! (this is the part where someone says "Live TV on the appleTV - easy")
Old 01-07-2011, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger View Post
If only there was some way to view live TV I would be totally sold! (this is the part where someone says "Live TV on the appleTV - easy")
You can view Livetv on the iPad and iPhone so I am guessing it shouldn't be far off.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukmgranger View Post
I hear you on this one.

I downloaded eyetv, and the one conundrum is live tv. most of what I watch is time shifted, but it is those darn sports...

perhaps iOS app store will come soon, this would be very nice.
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
Old 01-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Sage Aficionado

We just bought an Apple TV yesterday & I have to agree that the quality of the hardware is first rate & the UI is really lovely. It's especially nice to use with the Remote app on the iPad (I do realise this means an $829 remote control for a $99 media player:-). I can live without Live TV but have squillions of DivX/XviD/X.264 etc media files that need converting & importing into iTunes so the HD300 is going to be doing duty under the TV for some time yet.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE-Refugee View Post
We just bought an Apple TV yesterday & I have to agree that the quality of the hardware is first rate & the UI is really lovely. It's especially nice to use with the Remote app on the iPad (I do realise this means an $829 remote control for a $99 media player:-). I can live without Live TV but have squillions of DivX/XviD/X.264 etc media files that need converting & importing into iTunes so the HD300 is going to be doing duty under the TV for some time yet.
There is actually a way to flash it to support more media files and soon xbmc see missing remote for an article on it.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
There is actually a way to flash it to support more media files and soon xbmc see missing remote for an article on it.
Both Boxee & XBMC can be installed on the old V1 Apple TV. You can also jailbreak the V2 Apple TV & install a buggy version of Plex but that is only a tethered jailbreak (needs to be repeated every time after you have switched the power off). However & most importantly you lose all the lovely looking & easy to use Apple TV interface if you install Plex. If I just want a media player for DivX & Matroska it's cheaper to buy a WDTV Live & put up with a rudimentary GUI.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I found the information on this & as I suspected it is only available for the 1st Generation Apple TV. It does look really neat though http://firecore.com/atvflash

I am now beginning to think that I should have bought a used 1st gen Apple TV.

Last edited by MCE-Refugee; 01-11-2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCE-Refugee View Post
I found the information on this & as I suspected it is only available for the 1st Generation Apple TV. It does look really neat though http://firecore.com/atvflash

I am now beginning to think that I should have bought a used 1st gen Apple TV.
They are working on it for the second Gen from what I know it should be available soon hopefully. Plus first Gen doesn't give you netflix which was my main reason for buying one of these.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
They are working on it for the second Gen from what I know it should be available soon hopefully. Plus first Gen doesn't give you netflix which was my main reason for buying one of these.
Netflix is US only unavailable to me.