SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

How are you guys handling plugin import

Anyone else have a specific task they would only like to fire in the plugin implementation on initial import of the plugin? How are you doing this? I thought about a properties file but could see that hitting some hitches as I really only want to fire this on initial import and not every time start() is called. Just curious how others were doing it?
Old 05-27-2010, 07:30 AM
Sage Icon

For Jetty I migrate the properties from JettyStarter.properties to Sage.properties if the JettyStarter.properties file exists and the jetty/jetty.configfiles property doesn't exist in Sage.properties yet. This works fine for me and is probably better because I can retest it just by cleaning out Sage.properties.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
For Jetty I migrate the properties from JettyStarter.properties to Sage.properties if the JettyStarter.properties file exists and the jetty/jetty.configfiles property doesn't exist in Sage.properties yet. This works fine for me and is probably better because I can retest it just by cleaning out Sage.properties.
Good idea I can easily check for the existence of a couple of directories in my case on initial startup.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Seems to me that "run once on first install" is the wrong way to look at it. A better way is to ask if any old junk exists, and if so, get rid of it. Then if some of that junk mysteriously reappears for whatever reason (e.g. because the user restored from a backup, or tried to revert to an older version of your plugin), your code knows to get rid of it again, regardless of whether that code has run once already. And it's not like it does any harm to check for old junk every time time start() is called.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Seems to me that "run once on first install" is the wrong way to look at it. A better way is to ask if any old junk exists, and if so, get rid of it. Then if some of that junk mysteriously reappears for whatever reason (e.g. because the user restored from a backup, or tried to revert to an older version of your plugin), your code knows to get rid of it again, regardless of whether that code has run once already. And it's not like it does any harm to check for old junk every time time start() is called.
Well in my case it is just scaling images on the first time start is called the rest of the time it is done on listeners and I really don't want scaling done every time start is gone. So yeah basically I will check if the scaling folders exist already on start.