SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin: Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher

Uploaded a V7 port of nielm's Automatic Aspect Ratio Switcher. The original discussion was here.

This UI Mod plugin the provides the ability to automatically switch the playback aspect ratio mode depending on which channel, source or capture device the show was recorded from, with each aspect ratio set up to resize the video to the correct proportions.

If you were using the old < V7 version (Auto Aspect Ratio) discussed here that is also available in the repository uninstall/disable that one.

John
Old 06-26-2010, 06:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is working great. Thank you for your hard work!
Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Thanks, it's working great for me as well.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Sage User

I just got the new one installed also. It's working. Thank you.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Sage User

I have tried both posted versions. One version breaks commercial skip. The other version leaves a box on the screen stating the aspect chosen. Both were tested on a HD200 with latest code and latest Sage beta.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwycoff View Post
I have tried both posted versions. One version breaks commercial skip. The other version leaves a box on the screen stating the aspect chosen. Both were tested on a HD200 with latest code and latest Sage beta.
having a similar issue.

the new aspect ratio switcher still breaks comskip on occasion. Sometimes it won't work at all for a specific recording and sometimes it'll work for some commercial blocks and not others.

It'll occasional leave the AR debug window on the screen as well. I'll see multiple debug windows displayed, even from past shows. The only way to get rid of old debug windows is to restart the client. I haven't tried to disable the debug window and see if that gets the old windows to disappear.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
the new aspect ratio switcher still breaks comskip on occasion. Sometimes it won't work at all for a specific recording and sometimes it'll work for some commercial blocks and not others.
Check what value you have in Detailed Setup / Customize / Comskip Playback Options / Operation Options / Don't Autoskip Commercials shorter than this.

I'll have a look at the debug window code.

John
Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Check what value you have in Detailed Setup / Customize / Comskip Playback Options / Operation Options / Don't Autoskip Commercials shorter than this.
not sure what this would have to do with it, since the same commercial would skip when this plugin was disabled, but not skip when it was enabled. Meaning, I would play a recording and see that it did not skip the first commercial block. I'd disable the plugin, reload the UI and start the recording over. this time the commercial would skip. Re-enable the plugin and it wouldn't skip that same commercial block. but then watch a different show, and all of a sudden it'd be skipping commercials fine. Or, even skip some blocks, but not others.

Anyways, it is set to "skip all".

Quote:
I'll have a look at the debug window code.

John
thanks.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
Meaning, I would play a recording and see that it did not skip the first commercial block. I'd disable the plugin, reload the UI and start the recording over. this time the commercial would skip. Re-enable the plugin and it wouldn't skip that same commercial block. but then watch a different show, and all of a sudden it'd be skipping commercials fine. Or, even skip some blocks, but not others.
I've seen this happen now too. Now I'm going to have to figure out how all this stuff works.

John
Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Advanced User

I like this plugin... works great, except that the info banner no longer goes away on its own. I have the timeout set to 4 seconds, but the info banner stays permanently until I press the "info" button on my remote to make it go away. I am not using it on any recorded TV, only on imported videos... not sure if that makes a difference or not.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Sage Icon

Hopefully I have the banner issues fixed in the 1.3.1 version now in the repository. I've not seen any comskip issues with this version, but I only ever saw it a couple of times with the old version.

John
Old 07-04-2010, 11:51 PM
Sage Icon

Uploaded version 1.3.2 to the plugin repository.

Found a problem with multiple debug message banners appearing when changing channels on LiveTV.

Can I assume the Comskip issues are now now resolved?

John
Old 07-05-2010, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Uploaded version 1.3.2 to the plugin repository.

Found a problem with multiple debug message banners appearing when changing channels on LiveTV.

Can I assume the Comskip issues are now now resolved?

John
I have experienced a couple comskip issues with version 1.3.1. They are very intermittent. We can go a few days without any problems. Definitely something we can live with. Thank you again for the plugin.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Sage Icon

so far, it appears that the comskip issues are gone for me with the current version, but I still get stuck debug messages from time to time.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Sage Icon

Jack, Is the debug window getting stuck on any particular method of starting to play a video?

I found a problem with LiveTV purely by accident as I normally never watch LiveTV.

John
Old 07-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Sage Icon

Occassionally it'll stick on a LiveTV show, but it was after I went to sleep with it left on one channel. At some point during the night, it'll get stuck. This has happened twice with the new build IIRC.

And today, I was playing a playlist of imported videos for my niece and at some point during the playback it got stuck.

Last edited by ke6guj; 07-11-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Sage Icon

Ahh playlist. I'll have a look at that.

John
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

So, I installed this plugin (Sage7 beta 15) and went to Detailed Setup->Customize->Automatic Aspect Ratio Setting Options and selected "Modify" and received a screen that says: "Failed to load Auto Aspect Ratio java classes."

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 08-13-2010, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

Have you got nielm_autoaspect.jar in the JARs directory?

John
Old 08-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes. FWIW, it's got a 11/15/2005 timestamp, but it's there.
And this is in a fresh Sage install so I know it's not some old version of the file I had in there from before or anything like that.

Mitch