SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 PM
Sage Icon

Are you running it on a PC or an extender?

I wondering if it's an extender and the server hasn't picked up the new jar. If it is an extender can you try a SageTV server restart and see if that helps.

John
Old 08-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Sage Aficionado

You nailed it. I am using an extender and restarting Sage fixed the problem.

Now for the next question (no good deed goes unpunished):
I thought there was a way to set the auto aspect ratio on a show-by-show basis.
But from the Detailed Setup/Customize/Aspect Ratio Settings, it seems I can only control things down to a channel-level.

From the configuration screen, when I select "add new automatic aspect ratio," it first prompts me for the aspect ratio to add, after selecting the AR, it says, 'Set "Source" as automatic aspect ratio for Any show on ...' and then I get to pick the channel. Note, although it indicates I'm setting "Source" it's not the case - it's actually using the AR I selected in the previous step. But, as stated above, I don't see any way to indicate which show I want to set the AR for.
I poked around the Favorites menu thinking it might be in there, but I didn't see anything there either.

Thanks,

Mitch
Old 08-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

Mitch, for shows, you set it via Options while playing the show.

John
Old 09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

This plugin is working great. But is there any way to specify a range of channels rather than channel by channel? I want all my non-HD channels, essentially channels 2-700 with my cable to default to a custom aspect ratio, and all channels above 700 to default to source. It seems I have to do this one channel at a time. All channels are using the same set of capture devices so I can't use that.

Thanks
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Sage Icon

appelm, you can't specify a range of channels, but the way I would do it is.

Set a source definition for your capture sources to the aspect ratio that covers the majority of channels

Add new automatic aspect ratio
Select the Aspect Ratio
Any Channel
Any Capture Device

Then do the remaining channels using channel definitions
Add new automatic aspect ratio
Select the Aspect Ratio
Select the Channel
Any Capture Device

The priority of processing the definitions is
Show
Channel
Capture Source

Shows can only be defined when playing the show (? need to check if that's the only way), but channels and capture sources can be configured in Detailed Setup / Customize /Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switching Settings.

Hope that helps.

John
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks John. I see what you mean.. set channels 2-700 by capture device, then 701-850 or so manually which is a bit fewer. Still thats a lot of channels to set manually (though its not actually 150 as many numbers are skipped). Any way to set the manual channels by text editing a properties file rather than setting each channel in Sage? Might be a bit faster.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Expert

I installed the Aspect Ratio Switcher via my HD300 and couldn't get the Handle Non MPG TV Files setting to do anything. I would change the setting, but it would have no effect. I check the properties file for the HD300 and saw this line:

nielm/autoaspect/handleNonMpegTvFiles=true

Then I checked the main Sage.properties file, and saw this:

nielm/autoaspect/handleNonMpegTvFiles=false

I changed the property to "true" and everything works now. Is this a bug? Shouldn't the aspect ratio switcher be looking in the client properties file and not the main properties file?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Sage Icon

I'll have a look at that.

John
Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Sage Icon

running into an occasional issue where when the debug message is displayed, that other commands are not available, such as ff/rew, stop, home, etc. if it is during the 4-second popup, not a big issue, but sometimes when the debug message is stuck, it'll "break" the remote unless I can figure out the right combo of buttons to clear the debug message.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Sage Icon

Jack, I haven't been able to reproduce the debug message stuck problem since the last update. I am doing a rewrite of how the debug window is handled though, and I need to do some JAR fixes for peternm22's problem.

John
Old 10-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peternm22 View Post
I installed the Aspect Ratio Switcher via my HD300 and couldn't get the Handle Non MPG TV Files setting to do anything. I would change the setting, but it would have no effect. I check the properties file for the HD300 and saw this line:

nielm/autoaspect/handleNonMpegTvFiles=true

Then I checked the main Sage.properties file, and saw this:

nielm/autoaspect/handleNonMpegTvFiles=false

I changed the property to "true" and everything works now. Is this a bug? Shouldn't the aspect ratio switcher be looking in the client properties file and not the main properties file?

Thanks.
I am having the same kind of problem with this plugin on a HD300. Installed the plugin from the server and it was available on the HD300. I could change the default zoom to ZoomC for recordings. Unfortunately it didn't switch automatically on the HD300 until I changed the main sage.properties file manually. The parameter is set in the right client.properties file by the plugin, but it looks in the main sage.properties file so it isn't working untill manually changed. Hope you can solve this small issue.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

I've uploaded an update to the plugin repository that should fix the extender properties issue

There are now also many more buttons that will remove the debug message if it being displayed.

John
Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
I've uploaded an update to the plugin repository that should fix the extender properties issue

There are now also many more buttons that will remove the debug message if it being displayed.

John
The latest update seems to have broken the Multi Function Stop plugin. With the Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher plugin updated, the Multi Function Stop Plugin does not display its 'delete' options window any more. So if I play a file, choose stop, choose delete, the next window does not appear and I am just displayed a black screen. If I disable the aspect ratio plugin, the last delete screen displays normally.

I am not running any HD300s, so I do not think I really need the update for this plugin. Does any one know a way to go back to an older version of this plugin?
Old 10-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
The latest update seems to have broken the Multi Function Stop plugin. With the Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher plugin updated, the Multi Function Stop Plugin does not display its 'delete' options window any more. So if I play a file, choose stop, choose delete, the next window does not appear and I am just displayed a black screen. If I disable the aspect ratio plugin, the last delete screen displays normally.

I am not running any HD300s, so I do not think I really need the update for this plugin. Does any one know a way to go back to an older version of this plugin?
I am having the same issue, while making use of the HD300. I hope you can solve this issue?
Old 10-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Sage Icon

With only the Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher and Multifunction Stop plugins enabled I don't see a problem. Do you have any other UI plugins enabled?

John
Old 10-23-2010, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
With only the Automatic Aspect Ratio Mode Switcher and Multifunction Stop plugins enabled I don't see a problem. Do you have any other UI plugins enabled?

John
I have Comskip Playback, Infopopup STVI, Java heap monitor, My TV for V7, Phoenix Fanart UI plugins installed. When I disable all UI plugins expect automatic aspect ratio mode switcher and multi funciton stop, the problem still occurs for me. Let me know if you need me to check anything else to assist with tracking down the problem.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronics4lif View Post
I have Comskip Playback, Infopopup STVI, Java heap monitor, My TV for V7, Phoenix Fanart UI plugins installed. When I disable all UI plugins expect automatic aspect ratio mode switcher and multi funciton stop, the problem still occurs for me. Let me know if you need me to check anything else to assist with tracking down the problem.
What version STV are you using? Setup / System Information / Current STV File:

John
Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Sage Icon

I've found some weird things happening while trying to debug this, so I've change the version in the plugin repository back to the previous stvi version.

John
Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
What version STV are you using? Setup / System Information / Current STV File:

John
I am running SageTV7.xml version 7.0.21.0 released on October 10th. The revert that was applied to the latest update has fixed the problem I was seeing.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I've found some weird things happening while trying to debug this, so I've change the version in the plugin repository back to the previous stvi version.

John
The issue has been solved with your latest update so for me everything is working fine again. Thank you!