SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-18-2017, 11:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Any particular reason you haven't updated the code onto github? (I know you used to have it on google code), and I think you imported 0.7 onto github a while ago. Might help to get some other eyes on it.
https://github.com/tmiranda1962/sage...rcial-detector

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Sage User

Configuration

I am on SageTv 9. I installed commercial detector plugin. I've read in forum there should be a section in detail setup to configure. I don't see a listing in my detail screen. I am looking at detail screen on server.
Is there a guide to get up and running?
Old 07-09-2017, 12:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iumgrad View Post
I am on SageTv 9. I installed commercial detector plugin. I've read in forum there should be a section in detail setup to configure. I don't see a listing in my detail screen. I am looking at detail screen on server.
Is there a guide to get up and running?
Look in the Sage TV Plugins tab and not the Detailed Setup. You will find a selection for installed plugins and you can configure from there.

Hope this helps
Old 07-09-2017, 02:00 PM
Sage Aficionado

If it helps ..

Go to ... Setup => System Info
Type "5309" (from the song 8 ... 6 ... 7 ... 5309) is how I remember
Click on "Enable all Extra Options" and then "Yes"
Go to ... Setup => Detailed Setup => Customize
Select "ComSkip Playback Options"
Select "Configure" for "Commercial Detector"

And work through the settings as you like.

Google "Comskip - of Kaashoek.com" and download the latest comskip zip file. Unzip the file and copy/paste into the comskip folder in your SageTV folder to ensure you have the latest version. (Send the guy a few bucks as a thank you for continuing to develop).

In the comskip file, open the comskip.ini file in Notepad and play customize the commercial detection settings if you like. I have attached mine for I how I have it set.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malbec View Post
If it helps ..

Go to ... Setup => System Info
Type "5309" (from the song 8 ... 6 ... 7 ... 5309) is how I remember
Click on "Enable all Extra Options" and then "Yes"
Go to ... Setup => Detailed Setup => Customize
Select "ComSkip Playback Options"
Select "Configure" for "Commercial Detector"

And work through the settings as you like.

Google "Comskip - of Kaashoek.com" and download the latest comskip zip file. Unzip the file and copy/paste into the comskip folder in your SageTV folder to ensure you have the latest version. (Send the guy a few bucks as a thank you for continuing to develop).

In the comskip file, open the comskip.ini file in Notepad and play customize the commercial detection settings if you like. I have attached mine for I how I have it set.
There's a lot of 'not quite right' in this. The 5309/Extra Options, is not required to access Comskip Playback Options. Just having the Comskip Playback UI Plugin installed adds that to the Detailed Setup -> Customize menu.

If you want to configure the CommercialDetector plugin, you do that via Plugins -> Installed Plugins -> General -> CommercialDetector -> Configure Plugin.

Also, if you are going to use a version of comskip that is different than what is bundled with CommercialDetector, you should not simply overwrite the one supplied with the plugin. You should place it in its own folder somewhere and point the CommercialDetector plugin to that .exe file. The reason for this is any time the CommercialDetector plugin is updated, it will overwrite your version with what it contains.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-18-2017, 11:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

I recently switched to V9 and set up the queue to run comskip on the recordings that were moved over from V7. That finished a lot sooner than I'd thought and on investigating I found most of the recordings had a log file saying H.264 recordings are not supported. Then I remembered that I had the donators version on V7, so found the latest zip file, unzipped it, and pointed CD to the directory. I also made the Sage changes to the .ini file (verbose=0, etc.).

How do I get comskip to re-process the recordings now that it is able.

Also, was my process correct (except for failing to install the donators version first)?
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist

Last edited by hb4; 09-18-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb4 View Post
I recently switched to V9 and set up the queue to run comskip on the recordings that were moved over from V7. That finished a lot sooner than I'd thought and on investigating I found most of the recordings had a log file saying H.264 recordings are not supported. Then I remembered that I had the donators version on V7, so found the latest zip file, unzipped it, and pointed CD to the directory. I also made the Sage changes to the .ini file (verbose=0, etc.).

How do I get comskip to re-process the recordings now that it is able.

Also, was my process correct (except for failing to install the donators version first)?
To reprocess the files go to the CommercialDetector Plugin (in the General section) and then open the configuration. One of the options is to process all files with no .edl info.

Your install process was OK

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks!
In the Plugin, I selected "Scan all files without Comskip info" and 200 files were placed in the queue, so I assume I should be good.

Thanks for the help.
Network: gB Lan
Playback: FireStick 4K miniclient
Tech Level: Hobbyist
Old 11-04-2017, 09:53 AM
Sage Expert

Is installing from Sage's Plugin menu still the preferred way to get the most stable install?

I've just set this up (after years of not using Comskip) and so far without changing any settings/defaults, the results aren't working out on my MPEG-PS recordings.

I haven't updated to the latest version of Comskip yet, but will do so later today with the registered version. Should I be looking as well for an independent ini that might work better for broadcast sources? All recordings are from the big networks OTA from Hauppauge cards.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedMelon View Post
Is installing from Sage's Plugin menu still the preferred way to get the most stable install?

I've just set this up (after years of not using Comskip) and so far without changing any settings/defaults, the results aren't working out on my MPEG-PS recordings.

I haven't updated to the latest version of Comskip yet, but will do so later today with the registered version. Should I be looking as well for an independent ini that might work better for broadcast sources? All recordings are from the big networks OTA from Hauppauge cards.
Yes, install from the plugin manager menu.

I believe you will need to use the donators version of comskip to process those files. After downloading the donator version of comskip go to the options menu in the plugin manager and you will see an option to choose the location of comskip.

I use the .ini that comes in the plugin.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:26 AM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the reply. Reg links just came through and I'm adjusting the pointer to the new location now.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Sage User

Comskip setup problems

I had it all dialed in and my linix system took a dump. Upon reinstallation i am having issues with comskip. Specifically I cannot manually run comskip, nor is it running automatically. It does skip the previously .edl encoded files.

I assume it has to do with permissions. But I thought I followed the instructions correctly. I have tried numerous times and permutations. Below is an excerpt from my sage_0.txt file. Specifically from "cat sage_0.txt | grep comskip". Any help is appreciated.

Sat 11/11 7:00:00.652 [Thread-778@7ddfbeb2] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 8:00:00.591 [Thread-802@74c88a8e] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 17:00:00.200 [Thread-810@21f15bd7] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 17:30:02.096 [Thread-831@1f0c7746] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 18:00:00.199 [Thread-835@4c95c459] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.790 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied for:ExecuteProcess(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals" + java_io_File_separator + "comskip.cmd"), args, GetPathParentDirectory(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals")), false)
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:53.102 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:53.103 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied for:ExecuteProcess(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals" + java_io_File_separator + "comskip.cmd"), args, GetPathParentDirectory(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals")), false)
S
Old 11-12-2017, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-tivoman View Post
I had it all dialed in and my linix system took a dump. Upon reinstallation i am having issues with comskip. Specifically I cannot manually run comskip, nor is it running automatically. It does skip the previously .edl encoded files.

I assume it has to do with permissions. But I thought I followed the instructions correctly. I have tried numerous times and permutations. Below is an excerpt from my sage_0.txt file. Specifically from "cat sage_0.txt | grep comskip". Any help is appreciated.

Sat 11/11 7:00:00.652 [Thread-778@7ddfbeb2] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 8:00:00.591 [Thread-802@74c88a8e] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 17:00:00.200 [Thread-810@21f15bd7] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 17:30:02.096 [Thread-831@1f0c7746] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 18:00:00.199 [Thread-835@4c95c459] CD: ComskipJob.executeComskipLinux: comskip failed with return code = 2
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.790 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied for:ExecuteProcess(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals" + java_io_File_separator + "comskip.cmd"), args, GetPathParentDirectory(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals")), false)
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:47.791 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:53.102 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied
Sat 11/11 19:29:53.103 [Fork-JREkiwi-616107@11d37324] EXCEPTION in getValueAsObject:sage.jep.ParseException: Error in method reflection of ExecuteProcess of java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals/comskip.cmd" (in directory "/opt/sagetv/server/STVs/SageTV7/Externals"): error=13, Permission denied for:ExecuteProcess(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals" + java_io_File_separator + "comskip.cmd"), args, GetPathParentDirectory(GetProperty("commercial_comskip_program", java_lang_System_getProperty("user.dir") + java_io_File_separator + "STVs" + java_io_File_separator + "SageTV7" + java_io_File_separator + "Externals")), false)
S
Did you install the CommercialDetector UI Mod plugin or just the General?

Old 11-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks.

From extender

Under Plugins-->General
Commercial Detector 1.01

Under Plugins-->UI Mod
Commercial Detector UI 1.33
comskip playback 2.1.3
Old 11-12-2017, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks.

From extender

Under Plugins-->General
Commercial Detector 1.01

Under Plugins-->UI Mod
Commercial Detector UI 1.33
comskip playback 2.1.3
Do you have the plugin set to run native comskip or comskip under wine? Look in the options for the general plugin.

Old 11-12-2017, 10:57 PM
Sage User

Thanks a million. That was it. For some reason it was set to run as if it were a windows install on C:\..., . I set it to the default /opt/... and now it seems to be working.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks a million. That was it. For some reason it was set to run as if it were a windows install on C:\..., . I set it to the default /opt/... and now it seems to be working.
Great.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:15 AM
Sage Aficionado

For some reason comskip is not skipping the marked comms. I have Commercial Detector UI 1.33. Its worked great for a long time. The comms are clearly marked in dark green, I just find myself having to grab the remote and manually advance through the comms. I haven't changed anything recently other than upgrading to v9. Suggestions?

thx
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender
Old 11-13-2017, 10:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilded07 View Post
For some reason comskip is not skipping the marked comms. I have Commercial Detector UI 1.33. Its worked great for a long time. The comms are clearly marked in dark green, I just find myself having to grab the remote and manually advance through the comms. I haven't changed anything recently other than upgrading to v9. Suggestions?

thx
Check Setup > Detailed Setup > Customize > (way at the bottom) Comskip Options and make sure it's set to autoskip. If you pull up the option menu during playback it should have comskip listed as enabled.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I looked in the right place (see attached pic). It appears to be set to auto skip, a setting I've not touched.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Comskip Playback.JPG (85.8 KB, 120 views)
Extenders: Nvidia Shield x2 / 3 placeshifters
Server Software: Win 10 64, SageTV 9.1.5.683, Java 8_241, Real VNC
Other: MiniClient, Commercial Detector UI, Sage Recording Extender